PDA

View Full Version : Spotted sister

JenniferR771
02-13-2009, 04:25 PM
I broke the unwritten rule, LOL! Just a quick shopping trip, in drab to my favorite Goodwill. One of my favorite clerks was there, and she waved to me. I was looking at the dresses when a well-dressed woman in a purple satin blouse was looking just to my left, and slowly working my way. Shy, I backed out and went over to look at the high heel shoes. Moments later, I looked at the woman near the dresses again, (holding up a random sweater to conceal my stare.) Holding a cute pink skirt, she was tall with red hair--and maybe--synthetic hair...maybe...she looked my way, and still not sure, I winked my eye broadly. She immediately waved and came over to talk and introduce himself (herself). She was very nice and friendly and we had a brief chat--I borrowed my favorite clerk's pen and we exchanged email addys. In truth, she spotted me first, as I was in drab, and looking at dresses, (dead giveaway). It is so difficult to meet a local person this way, I was lucky.

Shannen
02-13-2009, 04:28 PM
Wow, it really does pay off to hang around the skirts and dresses at Goodwill!

:D

Congrats on making a new friend.

:hugs:

RachelTVG
02-13-2009, 07:02 PM
So, how long until she starts posting here? :D

goofus
02-13-2009, 07:12 PM
I broke the unwritten rule, LOL! Just a quick shopping trip, in drab to my favorite Goodwill. One of my favorite clerks was there, and she waved to me. I was looking at the dresses when a well-dressed woman in a purple satin blouse was looking just to my left, and slowly working my way. Shy, I backed out and went over to look at the high heel shoes. Moments later, I looked at the woman near the dresses again, (holding up a random sweater to conceal my stare.) Holding a cute pink skirt, she was tall with red hair--and maybe--synthetic hair...maybe...she looked my way, and still not sure, I winked my eye broadly. She immediately waved and came over to talk and introduce himself (herself). She was very nice and friendly and we had a brief chat--I borrowed my favorite clerk's pen and we exchanged email addys. In truth, she spotted me first, as I was in drab, and looking at dresses, (dead giveaway). It is so difficult to meet a local person this way, I was lucky.

Neat story!!

Vicky Perry
02-13-2009, 07:13 PM
Wow that is very awesome Jennifer :)

Diane Smith
02-13-2009, 07:35 PM
I have to admit that when I first saw this thread subject, I read it the other way, as in, "my sister has spots." :)

- GDS

CD Susan
02-13-2009, 08:41 PM
Cool story Jennifer. I too met another cd in a thrift store recently. We were in the checkout lane at the same time. She was in her twenties and had a slim build. She was in drab but from my many years of dressing I could tell she was a sister. The thing that caught my attention was her large hoop style earrings. I was wearing hoops too and she noticed mine at the same time. We exchanged smiles but that was all. I wanted to talk to her but I think she felt uncomfortable doing so around so many other people. It is too bad we were not in a more secluded part of the store where it would have been easier to start up a conversation. There are many of us out there but we don't run into each other that often.

Rachel Morley
02-13-2009, 09:07 PM
That is so great! I'd love to meet a sister, who I don't already know, by chance in the big, wide, public, world. Alas, it's never happened to me yet. I can meet plenty of new CDing friends at our TG group socials but one day I hope to meet a sister like you did. Thanks for sharing this heart warming story :)