PDA

View Full Version : The first time out

Annie M
02-13-2009, 05:02 PM
I have not ventured out dressed yet but the desire is very strong to let Annie M out to play. Any advice to get over the fear?

Kimberly Marie Kelly
02-13-2009, 06:01 PM
Wear nice miniskirt, forms and nice blouse and a wig and just walk thru the park on a walking path if you have one. Most people are just walking and very rarely notice other walkers and if they do you just walk faster or slower and let them distance from you. I've done that and never have had problems. It builds up your confidence to be out among people.

Another suggestion walk in your neighborhood at night say around 10 -11 PM, most people are in for the night and even with passing cars and lights people can't notice to much, it's to short a period of time for them to notice anything. Again this build's confidence to be out and about.

Eventually, you will venture into stores. As myself I first ventured into my grocery store after doing many walks...in public.. The best advice is just go out and do it.. Kimberly assures you will not die..you will have a euphoric feeling when its been done..:battingeyelashes:

SweetCaroline
02-13-2009, 06:06 PM
Depending on where you live, look around. Is there a group, club, or support group for CDers in your area? There's nothing better than meeting others in person who have also taken the chance to venture outside. It might be just what you need. I know it worked for me.

Good luck. :thumbsup:

Sarah...
02-13-2009, 06:13 PM
Yes. First decide where and when you are going, paying attention to safety. Then spend a lot of time visualising any situations and events that you might find yourself in and how you will react. It worked for me. I did a lot of that before spending 5 days en femme. I wasn't nervous once and was confident in who I was.

Sarah...

Jacquilynne
02-13-2009, 06:16 PM
All the advice is A+ so far. . .

I guess i'm just a bit carefree . . . as once I was out to my SO . . . I just went out and purchased some fem clothing and stepped out dressed . . . just like that! No hesitation at all. . .no one has said anything rude to me yet. . .

Kinda seems as if they are too busy to care about little "ol me.
. . . and thats fine. . .I'm me and thats how its going to be.

Walking around the block. . .taking trash out. . .driving around in your car. . .pumping gas. These are all great ways to build up confidence.

Jacie

StacyCD
02-13-2009, 06:42 PM
Until you become very comfortable while dressed enfemme in public (and that usually takes a while), I would suggest starting by wearing women's jeans or a women's top while out in public. As you become more comfortable, add panties and a bra. Also work on your makeup technique (less is better than too much). After you have become comfortable underdressing in public and your makeup skills have improved, you're probably ready for that first trip out. Rather than a park at night (which we always tell people to avoid), I would suggest a movie or an evening walk in a downtown area of most cities. Note evening means 8-11 PM! It is also important to dress appropriately! Leave the fetish wear at home and try to look age appropriate. When your skills in the makeup department improve and you are comfortable being out in public, the next step is to start interacting with people. Now here's where the fun begins! Good luck!

MichelleP
02-13-2009, 06:52 PM
Here's how it worked for me chronologically when I started to fully dress:

1st time - around the backyard and patio at night
2nd time - backyard walk during the daytime
3rd time - outside to car - drove around about an hour at night (still scary)
4th time - walked around inside hotel then outside - all at night
5th time - walked from hotel to car then drove around to two locations, parked, got out and walked around at night.
6th time - hotel to car - car to mall - walked around in the mall at night (the scariest moments ever)
7th time -hotel to car - car to mall - shoe store - movie theatre - record store - another shoe store - all in the daytime
8th time - drive through - mall.......
9th time - dinner out alone.....
And so on...
Now I go anywhere I feel safe. Being out and about is a very exillarating feeling once you're past the nervy part.

I just took baby steps until I was comfortable with it. Some girls just jump right in with no problems. For me it took longer. I personally place a lot of emphasis on passing and blending in but that's just me. Just go your own pace.

Michelle

Karren H
02-13-2009, 08:32 PM
Just act like you own the place... like you belong there, dressed as you are and no one will give you a second glance...

Nicki B
02-13-2009, 09:14 PM
See if there's anyone nearby you can meet up with?

But take it easy - little steps, just a little more each time.. The last thing you want to do is have a bad experience and scare yourself back into the closet?

Alice B
02-13-2009, 09:57 PM
As Nike say...just do it!

danielle_from_cal
02-13-2009, 10:00 PM
I agree with Michelle's suggestion above. Do it gradually if you do not feel comfortable otherwise.

trannie T
02-13-2009, 10:08 PM
Get dressed then go hang out at a construction site, you will find that the people there will be very helpful and supporting.

Krystyna_Marie
02-13-2009, 11:19 PM
Like MichelleP, I began gradually, first at night venturing out on my back porch, then the parking lot behind my building, then driving, etc. I got up the nerve one night to go buy a pack of cigarettes - I drove in my car (THRILLS!) and looked around for a sufficiently deserted convenience store for like an hour! I ended up spending a couple hours at a LGBT bar one night my wife was at her moms, got made up, wig, breast forms, heels, jewelry, ohh honey I looked very very cute!!

You know yourself better than anyone, sweetie - for me, I want to pass, so I'm still working hard at refining my body shape through lots of exercise, and diet before I venturew out much. I'll go out again when I'm more of a drop-dead knockout

marny
02-14-2009, 02:23 AM
Go to Walmart! I don't think I can expand on this idea!

Carly D.
02-14-2009, 05:20 PM
Last night I did that.. I was wearing some tights and some shorts, and some bootine shoes.. where the shoe looks like a regular shoe with a heel.. and went out driving.. this was like after ten.. I walked out to the car hopped in and drove around a bit.. I needed gas and the gas pump is at the edge of town, secluded somewhat.. I drive around the pumps.. nobody there so I get out and start to pump when a car came from out of town and went on by.. a second car pulled into town but this car pulled onto the lot and I freaked a bit and put the nozzle back and got out of there.. not for fear of me being dressed this way but because I was afraid I'd get "jacked".. later I returned and finished filling up.. then my biggest dare came when I went into the post office and checked the mail.. that was a rush.. anyway all in all a nerve wracking time... but FUN..

Sam-antha
02-14-2009, 05:38 PM
There is not really any easy way to help. It must be done by your, yourself. Simply done tho', get dressed and go out. Drive somewhere away from home might help somewhat but youhave to get out of the car somewhere. When you have done that just walk tall. It is your place.
One suggestion tho' try it at dusk, or whenthere is a drizzle of rain, with an umbrella to hide behind.
Good luck go with you. Not that you will need the luck.
~Samm
Just read your outing adventure. congrats. It sort of read as tho you drove off without paying...lol
~Samm