PDA

View Full Version : Seeing yourself for the first time.

Celeste
02-13-2009, 11:36 PM
Do you remember what your very first thoughts and feelings were when looking at yourself in the mirror dressed or semi dressed the first time?

Mine were...
1.This must be wrong,but it feels so right I can't stop,I'm on autopilot.

2.Turned on by the buzzing and humming sensations derived from it and the state of euphoria it put me in,while still trying to determine exactly why.

3.Being sad there would have to be an end to it soon, I would have to leave a place I really enjoyed with no prospect of returning.

Kristen Marie
02-13-2009, 11:42 PM
I definitely remember my first official transformation with a wig and make-up. I could not believe how I looked....I remember tremblling. And while dressed in lingerie and some dresses before that, I never had the full make-over.....it was wonderful

linnea
02-13-2009, 11:51 PM
Do you remember what your very first thoughts and feelings were when looking at yourself in the mirror dressed or semi dressed the first time?

Mine were...
1.This must be wrong,but it feels so right I can't stop,I'm on autopilot.

2.Turned on by the buzzing and humming sensations derived from it and the state of euphoria it put me in,while still trying to determine exactly why.

3.Being sad there would have to be an end to it soon, I would have to leave a place I really enjoyed with no prospect of returning.

I felt pretty much the same feelings as you have listed above. I had cross dressed quite a few times--just panties and bras and a few other articles--before I actually saw myself in a mirror.
My other impression at that time was that I felt quite natural about how I looked and I was surprised at how much I looked like my mother.

AllieSF
02-13-2009, 11:59 PM
That unique once in a lifteime feeling came to me the first time I dressed completely with the assistance of another CD who had all the experience. I had dressed before and tried a little makeup with a wig with so-so results. She put on my eye makeup and false eyelashes and helped me with the rest of my makeup. I borrowed a blond wig from her and dressed up. When I finally looked closely in the mirror at my face all made up with the wig and everything else, my jaw dropped and big smile spread across my face and didn't leave it until well after I was back in drab and at home. I just couldn't believe how great I looked. I was actually transformed from me to her! Plus, I looked good. For me that means that I like how I looked and not some third party's opinion. Don't get me wrong, I like the compliments too, but if I couldn't look good in my eyes, I don't think I could believe someone else's nice comment.

docrobbysherry
02-14-2009, 12:06 AM
And I still get that same feeling when I complete my transformations!:eek:

I KNOW the woman in the mirror is me!:D

But, at the same time, she appears to be someone COMPLETELY different from me!:brolleyes:

Jakob
02-14-2009, 12:14 AM
Well that was not too long ago. At first I tried my new wig without makeup and clothes and I hated it. My look was awful. But as soon as I applied make up and dressed in feminine clothes, I saw myself as a girl. It was a great feeling, quite weird at first but still overwhelming.

Marissa
02-14-2009, 12:19 AM
Well technically the first time with makeup was my first wife playing around with me..she said i looked like my sister..hmmm anyway..

i had put on some articles of clothing in reference to lingeria..but it wasn't until about 8 months ago that i tried the whole make up and dressing.. and i looked and said wow..not that i was passible, but that i had reached a point where i was happy with being me..

so now i know when i go shopping and feel a tingle..sometimes just because i'm shopping for me and the saleperson doesn't know.. and sometimes its because they know and are willing to help.. that is when i see me, like in a mirror..

Angie G
02-14-2009, 01:04 AM
I thought what great legs and A$$ you have girl.:hugs:
Angie

Rachel Morley
02-14-2009, 01:46 AM
I got some great feelings from wearing underwear when I was I my teens and I loved dressing up in a non-serious way for a costume party or whatever, but the first time I ever saw myself dressed in a serious way, in other words trying to look convincing, was when I went to one of those transformation makeover places when I was in my early 30's.

When the GG had finished working on me I couldn't believe how feminine I looked. I was amazed. In my mind I thought I looked like a real woman! I certainly felt what I thought it felt like to feel like one. I actually felt quite emotional and began to "tear up" because ... finally looking back at me, was the image of myself that matched how I felt inside.

Mary Jane
02-14-2009, 09:29 AM
It was like I was meeting someone I had known all my life but never actually seen them. I was so happy I almost cried. I still enjoy seeing the image I see in the mirror and pictures. It is me but at the same time it is someone else.

I need to add the fact that I am refering to the first time I saw myself after finding the "LOOK" i had been searching for over many, many months. The actual first time I saw myself in the mirror dressed I just saw a young man in a dress and wig. I never thought of using any make up. That was 40 or more years ago. So much time wasted. When I did get back to dressing at age 53 it took some time to conquer the make up thing. I guess it was all worth it though after seeing how much things have changed.

Phyliss
02-14-2009, 10:30 AM
I knew it was me in the mirror, .... but I looked so,... different. I liked the image I saw. Wasn't sure just what I should feel, but I knew I liked what feeling I had.

I always knew "I" was inside, but I'd never really seen "ME".

Lisa Golightly
02-14-2009, 10:32 AM
I think I just thought 'Coooooooooo...'

Billijo49504
02-14-2009, 10:43 AM
I find that it's too easy to look in the mirror and tell it, Mirror mirror on the wall, I'm the best looking gurl of all! But then take some pictures and look them over a few days later, to see just how great you really look. Then you can make some minor adjustments to make your self even better...BJ

Teri Jean
02-14-2009, 10:46 AM
For me, it wasn't the makeup and dressing but the validation from my sisters-in-law about my appearence. They were blown away by the fact that this 6-4" man could dress and carry herself with the poise and grace of a woman. This was validated again today when Helen stopped by for coffee and cookies. She also was helping me pick out a new dress that she thought I would look good in. It made me fel so good all under and the fact that she refered to the two of us as girls having fun, really made my day. Keli

Joanne Curl
02-14-2009, 10:53 AM
I remember dressing and seeing how much better my eyes looked as I got better at applying makeup, the first time I curled my then longish hair and saw the pretty curls. The first time I tried on a bra and dress that really fit. But the memory that sticks the most was my first makeover when I looked in the mirror and it was the Joanne I always knew who was inside me was reflected. I knew then that I wanted to go out in public as Joanne.:heehee:

MJ
02-14-2009, 10:54 AM
my first time fully dressed and makeup was amazing i had to see my shrink as mj.. :eek:

i cheated and went to a salon and they did one amazing job i still have my very first picture i could not believe my eyes wow so cool. it was weird as he went in :-

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-2/1297372/crop042.jpg

and after the girls worked there magic there she was...

http://img.villagephotos.com/p/2008-2/1297372/MJHeadshot.jpg

i can't put into words how i felt that day it was like something magical happened the problem was i had go walk through the mall as mj. talk about outing yourself to the world that was a very amazing wonderful day .

sometimes_miss
02-14-2009, 11:18 AM
I was fifteen that summer, everyone in the family worked. But I had a day off, and took advantage by dressing up in one of my sister's dresses. I was surprised at how well it fit, as well as how much I resembled a girl when I looked in her mirror (my bedroom had no mirror of any kind). I had kind of given up on waiting for god to make me into a girl, but for a moment once again had hope; I re combed my hair to part in the middle, and looked around for some make up. It was my first time with that, and it didn't turn out very well, but it kind of felt nice to put it on, although it took a couple of tries to get both eyes even (and when it came time to take it off, I didn't know how; I just scrubbed away with soap and water, not knowing to use anything else). I stayed dressed up for a while, enjoying standing in front of the mirror, moving and feeling the slip and dress slide along my stockings as I turned. I tried sitting like a girl, tried various facial expressions, folding my hands in my lap, trying to look like one of the girls in my high school class. I had a brief scare when my dad came home unexpectedly for some lunch, but he left pretty quick, and I stayed dressed up until about three in the afternoon, knowing that my sister would be coming home around four. Suddenly in a panic because she might smell 'me' on her dress, I sniffed it carefully but didn't notice anything so I just hung it back up in the closet, knowing that she wouldn't be wearing it again until at least the fall, so I'd have a chance to wash and iron it before she ever found out. It was the last time I wore anything current of hers, I went back to digging into her discarded clothes that my mom had kept in the attic after that. A couple years later when that dress went into the 'old stuff' boxes, it became my favorite outfit for quite a while. That day is one of my most memorable moments in my life; I can vividly recollect all kinds of little details, the weather, songs playing on the radio, neighbors talking, the picture on the cover of Cosmo on my sister's bed.

Fiona K
02-14-2009, 11:33 AM
Shock, an electric one.
This pic was taken then.
5 years ago.
It was the first time I'd ever properly, fully dressed.

Toni_Lynn
02-14-2009, 11:42 AM
Oh yes. I remember that and my words where were something like -- it really is me! I was totally amazed and felt like I had found myself

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Karren H
02-14-2009, 11:43 AM
Ohh I remeber it all right!! I was shocked!! Really shocked!! I looked like hell!! Just plain ugly!! I don't know why I didn't quit and walk away but I kept with it.

Farrah
02-14-2009, 12:17 PM
Yeah i remember when I saw myself fully dressed for the first time. I was about 14 15. I had this cute dress that I "borrowed" from my aunt. I had on stokings, girdle, slip, bra, the whole nine. However, I didn't have a wig, nor did i have makeup. I thought, I look like a boy in a dress. I would lean the mirror against the wall, so I could not see my head. I was only able to see my body. I looked great, so I thought. My next thought was. I wish it would go down, you know what I'm talking about. I was really turned on by what I saw.

I still feel great when I'm dressed. I still have the feeling of feminity. I can't wait until i do it again, which is soon I hope.

xAnne_Mariex
02-14-2009, 12:26 PM
I can't recall the very first time, but quite recently when I first fully dressed up in my own dress, tights, wig and make up was a moment i'll probably never forget.

I kinda looked at myself, smiled and thought wow...look how far i've come...that moment there would probably mean more to me than my very first time.

Marjory
02-14-2009, 12:31 PM
My early teens going out for halloween dressed as a girl in my older sister's clothes... many people asked what I was supposed to be. I really looked like a girl.

Later, at 25, going into NYC after first wife dressed me and put on makeup and wig. I was in heaven. Wish I still had the pictures.
Looked like a women till heavy weight lifting changed my body at 35, I became muscle bound and face thinned out. couldn't hope to pass. Now, at 66, I think maybe I can pull it off again... I'd be ugly but just maybe since I've lost forty pounds of bulk muscle and fat.

Sarah...
02-14-2009, 12:33 PM
I thought, "that's better", and then burst into tears. It was such a relief to see the real me.

Sarah...

Laura Jane
02-14-2009, 01:33 PM
I stopped in my teens and started again years later. In my teens it had been about trying clothes so never did the whole transformation.

When I started again it was months before I bought a wig, so when it arrived I dressed up and sat in front of a mirror and donned my new wig (which i still needed to brush out!)

But the transformation was amazing and I could see my pupils widening in the mirror I felt a rush that was going throught mind!

Its one of the highlights of my life (That might make me sound sad, there are lots of others, that involve other people and not happening in a room with drawn curtains! so don't worry about that!)

I still get a buzz putting on a wig and seeing the transformation, but alas not so mind blowing anymore and diminishingly so!

denisecdfl
02-14-2009, 02:39 PM
It is one thing to fool around at home or dress in a Halloween costume, but a full transformation by a makeup artist is a whole new world. I dared myself to try it in Vegas, nervously entered, and was put at ease and had a wonderful experience from which I haven't recovered yet.
I was stunned when I first saw the results - could hardly believe that the 60 year old grandpa was the one in the mirror. The photos are from that session. Needless to say, I have had many more in the last six years, and have learned to do a better job myself.

danacd96
02-14-2009, 02:45 PM
I would have to say number 2 and 3 rings familiar with me

dana

Carly D.
02-14-2009, 04:24 PM
My first thoughts?? probably the same as now.. I can't remember the first time I dressed up and looked in the mirror.. but I took pictures of myself dressed up and was surprised at what I saw.. not in a bad way nessesarilly but wasn't sure what I looked like.. I saw myself different then what I do look like.. I'm not dissapointed either but wish I could do makeup better to enhance my rough looks and transform to a moderately fem looking guy..

izzfan
02-14-2009, 05:27 PM
I have never really got round to doing the whole make-up thing in much detail but I have had a number of reactions when I see myself in the mirror en femme:

1) When I had found a decent wig (when my hair was still short) and a really nice dress a couple of years ago. My reaction was amazement, I never knew that I could look so beautiful.

2) When I had grown my hair a bit longer and got rid of my beard [I'd always had to cover it with my hand whenever I looked in the mirror] and dressed properly (well, except for the make-up), my reaction was one of absolute awe.

3) Last halloween, I was planning to go to a party as a gothic woman/vampiress [this was after I'd got rid of my beard] and I tried putting on make-up for the first time [not counting black nail varnish, which I have worn pretty much 24/7 since I was about 18] and when I saw myself in the mirror after applying lipstick, my first response was "Why... so... serious ?' LOL!

4) of course, there was one time when I was partially dressed [eg: I'd put on a blouse and was combing my hair] when I kind of had to stop as I realised that I looked a bit like my grandmother when I looked in the mirror. Wierd.

Sam-antha
02-14-2009, 06:10 PM
In the mirror ?

Strangely I do not remember that, but I do remember my first shop window sighting. Me smiling at me. Eh ?

~Samm

izzyisasweety!
02-14-2009, 07:30 PM
Shock, an electric one.
This pic was taken then.
5 years ago.
It was the first time I'd ever properly, fully dressed.

I love you your so cute!

Tasha McIntyre
02-14-2009, 07:52 PM
Seeing myself for the first time with make up and hair (about 4 months ago) was one of the most incredible sensation I have ever experienced. One of those euphoric dizzy moments that will live forever :daydreaming:. I just stared at myself for a few moments, turned away, but had to look again and again and again......then take some pics. Wish I didn't leave it so long, but hey - better late than never.

Don't remember much about seeing myself when I first dressed, but for a couple of decades I was a guy in a girly outfit.

Cheers

Tash :)

Kaz
02-14-2009, 08:00 PM
I've looked in the mirror all my life... haven't we all. I looked at the legs in stockings, checked out my derriere in Brazilian knickers, thongs, G strings... I even played with false breasts.. balloons full of water... then I started to take things seriously... and yes, that first realisation that you are whoever you want to be, and you visualise her... you see her in the mirror... and she is real... and you realise there is no going back. And then your journey begins...

danielle_from_cal
02-14-2009, 08:10 PM
I remember the times when I was about seven (when I first started wanting to dress femininely), there was nothing special about my appearance in the mirror. The pleasure came just from feeling silky things on my skin and the glorious taste of lipstick. I did not put on full makeup until I was almost 20. When I finally did that, I was absolutely amazed! The transformation was incredible to me. It still amazes me even though I dress up quite often. If the day ever comes that I put on makeup and a wig and think that I look the same (or similar) to what I look like as a man, I will stop doing it. There would be no point to going through the fuss just to look no different.

The attached link to a youtube video is one of the best I have seen that captures the moment when a male sees himself in makeup for the first time. In the video the makeup is put on him by someone else, but the look of astonishment when he sees himself in the mirror pretty much summarizes my astonishment the first time I put on makeup.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3NCYwDmVaYI

Kendra (Tx)
02-14-2009, 08:59 PM
I remember it like it was yesterday..( even though it was over 10 years ago ) I had stumbled through my makeup...managed to get it "decent"...I had a wig that was my own hair color...( although I've since expanded my range of colors and styles...:D ) I had bought this lovely peach, lace dress...( gotta love lace )...and I had it all "together"...I looked in the mirror and thought..." this is the way I'm supposed to look"....Altough I have since refined my makeup, hair, and outfits, I consider that first time looking in the mirror and seeing Kendra look back..One of my most cherished memories...
http://kendra954.com/kendra2.jpg

The very first time Kendra was "complete"

http://kendra954.com

JenniferR771
02-14-2009, 10:55 PM
This is the earliest pic of me that i still have. 2003. I am not sure of the exact curcumstances, but I think I just had a professional makeover, Glamour Shots maybe. And of course, did a little shopping and drove home enfemme. I will try to attach it.

sarahNZ
02-15-2009, 07:46 AM
although I have been dressing for a while now (I have lost track of the years) and used to just get a thrill from walking around the block at night. It was not untill recently that I have given any thought about the need to pass, and have learned a thing or two about makeup and wigs, but I can stand infront of a mirror in all my gear forms included and do my make up, but it is not untill I put my wig and heels on that I start to feel that I look good. up untill that point I look and feel "WRONG" but after the wig and heels then I see my smile in the mirror and see peace in my eyes as if the world is perfect again.

does that make sence???

diane51
02-15-2009, 08:00 AM
I just about melted. I couldn't believe what I was seeing. I felt totally euphoric.

victoriamwilliams1
02-15-2009, 08:48 AM
I was surprised and shook like a leaf for a few mints than calmed down. The shaking happened again when I started going out in public and now I do not shake anymore:)

StaceyJane
02-15-2009, 01:22 PM
I was at a wig salon. The stylist had let me try on serveral different wigs and we found a style that looked good. Then I went in the back and put on some women's clothes I had brought.
I walked around the store looking in the mirrors seeing a woman for the first time. While I was in one of the chairs some coutomers came in. I walked to the back room. I was thinking that since they didn't see my face they would have just assumed I was another woman. that was a wonderful feeling.

Jennifer Giovannetta
02-15-2009, 02:05 PM
Yes Celeste, I remember. It was only about 2 years ago. This was the first time I really dressed. The FIRST time I was not happy with what I saw. I threw together some clothes, borrowed wifes wig, and did makeup for first time. I looked like a novice CD.
After that, I purchased a wig that suited me, got better at makeup and dressed in some nice clothes. When I saw myself in the mirror, the feeling was unlike I ever felt before. I never thought I could feel that happy. Even today when I finish dressing and slip on that wig, I still get that feeling.

Jilmac
02-15-2009, 04:10 PM
It has been many years since I first saw myself wearing girls clothes, but I can still remember the feeling of euphoria along with confusion. The euphoria still exists, but the confusion has long subsided. I am content with Jill as my alter ego.

msginaadoll
02-15-2009, 09:46 PM
I really cant rember the first time saw myself completely dressed. However I remember my first makeove at Janets Closet. I was amazed, it didnt look anything like me, I remember I had tears in my eyes. I had been talked into getting a blonde wig, which I didnt think would work for me, so was even more surprised when it did. Was like holy cow, Im a blonde.

Kerrie Sifton
02-20-2009, 03:57 AM
I had enjoyed wearing various forms of lingerie over the years, satin tap pants and camis being a favourite, but it was not until i bought my first heels and mini skirt did i realize the impact... After that I was keen to try different skirts and tops to complete the look except the face would be a problem.
So last spring off came the beard and last september off came the moustache... Then Janna did her magic and when I looked at myself in the mirror I was very pleased. What a lovely feeling.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-20-2009, 08:18 AM
I was totally blown away - I have finally found myself !

JoAnne Wheeler

MichèleF
02-20-2009, 08:46 AM
It was a wonderfull feeling. I kept looking at my legs thinking Wow...

But it was also a body experience. I felt all these new sensations: the bra, the panties, ...

Yes a great feeling indeed.

Ashlee
02-20-2009, 10:01 AM
I'd dressed at home but was never good with makeup, I simply saw a man in a dress. I didn't have a wig until i went to a costume store around Halloween and bought one then I progressed. Fast forward a few years....

The tension of wanting to be professionally made over was killing me. I called Jamie Austin who's nearby and arranged to visit. I was paranoid that i was being followed, I would use payphones to call etc. I walked into Jamie Austins most non descript studio before my first transformation and met another gal leaving en femme. He showed me around showing me shoes, dresses, wigs, makeup etc but what I loved the most and was stunned by were the pics of other girls posted up. He took great delight in telling me about each person.

I finally did an appointment with Jamie a few days later and loved every minute of it. He tries to keep you from looking in the mirror as he goes along in the transformation until the "crowning moment" (wig) when you can look. I couldn't believe what I saw. I didn't see anything but a beautiful woman staring back, the illusion was slightly ruined when I stared at myself and then heard myself speak. I kept staring at my legs in the mirror and was amazed at not only them but me finally realizing a dream come true seeing myself en femme. This pic is from the first makeover (of 6 thus far)
http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n59/ashlee_sue/1.jpg

kayegirl
02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Although I have cd'd for many years it was not until this week that I finally plucked up the courage for a proper makeover. I could not believe the difference, Wow, I did not want to change back to my normal self. Best of all I learnt some of the techniques to make myself really convincing, particulary with make up, and will certainly be going again. Thanks to Melita and Shelley, I will be going again.

As a new user of this site I'm not sure about advertising, but if it is acceptable, and I know someone will tell me, I will say where this makeover was done.

Carly D.
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
My first thoughts?? probably the same as now.. I can't remember the first time I dressed up and looked in the mirror.. but I took pictures of myself dressed up and was surprised at what I saw.. not in a bad way nessesarilly but wasn't sure what I looked like.. I saw myself different then what I do look like.. I'm not dissapointed either but wish I could do makeup better to enhance my rough looks and transform to a moderately fem looking guy..

I dressed for the first time meaning to when I was very young.. I didn't think that I would look in the mirror and see a girl because then as now I wore pantyhose and heels.. a skirt later on and later on still I would dress in a dress and feel the thunder.. but rarely look in the mirror.. because I rarely looked in the mirror anyway...