PDA

View Full Version : Father's Day

JoAnnDallas
06-18-2005, 12:57 PM
Tomorrow is Father's Day here in the USA. I know a lot of us are fathers. So as a CD what would you like to have as a Father's Day Present tomorrow??

ronna
06-18-2005, 01:07 PM
How do I tell my kids I want a new purse?

Jenny Beth
06-18-2005, 01:29 PM
What a coincidence, it's Father's Day in Canada too! (Just being silly!) Seriously though my daughter has known about my CD'ing for many years and is okay with it. We don't talk a lot, she's in her own world with her own lifestyle choices but a simple phone call to say Hi would be enough for me.

cindybarnes
06-18-2005, 01:41 PM
A call from my daughter would be fine,, saying hi to my grandsons at the same time always make me smile too :) :) :)

Cindy

Holly
06-18-2005, 02:11 PM
Some pretty scented candles would be nice. Maybe some bubble bath to go with them.

Trinity_cat
06-18-2005, 03:52 PM
Hi Joann,

What I'd like and what I get are always 2 completely different things :confused:
As my family know of my CDing, but don't accept, I will be getting nothing to do with CDing.

I predict this year,
that the nearest I get to CD clothing,
Will be a Music CD.

That's as good as it gets :cry:

Billi49504
06-18-2005, 04:54 PM
From the kids, probably nothing. But from the wife, that's another thing. She gave me a bag, small purse or makeup bag, from Victoria Secret and a promise of a pair of shoes from the Avenue. Also I got permission to buy a new sewing machine, so I can work on my quilt. Anyway, to all the fathers out there, happy fathers day...Billi

Stephanie Brooks
06-18-2005, 04:57 PM
Tomorrow is Father's Day here in the USA. I know a lot of us are fathers. So as a CD what would you like to have as a Father's Day Present tomorrow??
A big hug and kiss from my daughter is all I want. She was born a preemie. I need nothing else.

JoAnnDallas
06-18-2005, 05:12 PM
I know the best fathers day gift I could get would be if my wife all of the sudden knew I was a CD and fully accepted it, but instead I would settle for a perm new job. Been out of work for a year now.

SilkenPrincess
06-18-2005, 05:16 PM
A time machine! Just so I could go back and fix all the wrongs I've done.

Johanna
06-18-2005, 06:01 PM
To just get a phone call from my stepson. It has been almost a year and half since I talked with him.

Trish
06-18-2005, 06:55 PM
My wife bought me new earrings for fathers day.

Imogen_Mann
06-18-2005, 07:01 PM
I already got mine, a water gun, a card and a dvd. I think my ex had something to do with it, our kid's a bit young to be shopping on her own.

XX

Jayme

Lauren Richards
06-18-2005, 07:12 PM
For me, I like to think of every day is Father's Day. Too special to have only once a year. What I want the most is for my kids to understand how lucky I feel to be their Dad. That is a gift worth keeping forever..

LilSteff
06-18-2005, 08:05 PM
For me, I would just want the kids to call and chat.
Oh yea a little black dress would be nice too... but I'll have to go pick it out myself
Happy Fathers day
Love Steff :)

Sharon86
06-18-2005, 09:12 PM
My wife is always looking at shoes, closely followed by 'do YOU like these' but so far nothing. :cry:

Tristen Cox
06-19-2005, 01:26 AM
I was surprised that being related work wise with alot of florists(a good 300), that Father's Day was always a slower day than usual. Less going out than even a normal day's orders. I mean out of the years I worked delivering flowers and supplies not once was there an order I saw at any of the shops for Father's Day. Although I am not a father, I would love flowers as a gift for any occasion. I just find that a little strange.

Anyhow Happy Father's Day :)

Julie
06-19-2005, 01:37 AM

For my son to accept me for who I am, give me a hug and tell me he loves me.

Sweet Jeanette
06-19-2005, 01:57 AM
I and my wife will get me a set of heels, at WalMart, Tomorrow!!!!----My Fathers Day present!----I have them picked out! :p

mand
06-19-2005, 03:56 AM
Fathers day..............It could have been kinda awkward considering how things are :rolleyes: but no matter how I feel thats what I am to my kids, a Father, no matter how much I wish I was a mother I ain't and never will be :(

Anyway it came early today (3am), I had to run Jane, our daughter, our grandson, and daughters boyfriend to the airport, our son also was there as he had to drive as well, simply to much luggage for one little car.

So what did I get ? ....well from my son a playstation game......Medal of Honor ...European Assault, every birthday or christmas he buys me a playstation game and always with a war theme........I've also had Medal of Honor Frontline, Medal of Honor Rising Sun, Call of Duty, and Brothers in Arms, and others. He knows all about my past years ago in the Army but what is he trying to tell me???
From my Daughter Two beautiful headscarfs, well she knows about my love of them, infact everyone knows that :rolleyes: and she also got me two new shades of nail varnish, if I could just stop biting my nails they would look great I'm sure :o

love mand xxx

Imogen_Mann
06-19-2005, 04:03 AM
I was surprised that being related work wise with alot of florists(a good 300), that Father's Day was always a slower day than usual. Less going out than even a normal day's orders. I mean out of the years I worked delivering flowers and supplies not once was there an order I saw at any of the shops for Father's Day. Although I am not a father, I would love flowers as a gift for any occasion. I just find that a little strange.

Anyhow Happy Father's Day :)

I've always felt lucky in so much as, during the relationship between my ex and myself, she regularly bought me flowers, but amongst our social group, we were the exception to the rule. I think that too many guys are hooked on the mahco image.... gotta have cars' bikes and beer. Ok I like those things, but hell, I like flowers, and art and sunsets and kittens too and I dont give a toss who knows, and thats not just an en femme (hate that cliche) exclusive thing, I like them all the time.

XX

Jayme

Claire B
06-19-2005, 06:26 AM
I got up early this morning, turned the computer on and got on line. Ther was an e-mail for me. A card from my daughter, wishing the best. This is all I need or want for fathers day.

kathy gg
06-19-2005, 01:03 PM
I got (on behalf of our little girl) Amanda for Fathers day tickets for (both of us) to see her fav band Weezer! I know it is not a 'girly' present, I looked for a particular style of blouse she wants and cannot find it so this was the only other thing I was sure would please her.

She has a million clothes and we are both trying to lose weight right now so I hate to buy fat clothes while we are getting out of this phase!

happy father's day to all the dads out there today!

kathy in canada

ps..of course I sent my dad a card and called him this morning too!

Wendy me
06-19-2005, 01:09 PM
way too easy for me to have my dad back to the way he was when i was younger he was loved and feared by all that knew him ....just one day to have the old back would be pricless....a bad heart , and parkosons has left him a frail old man .........

alba68
06-19-2005, 04:24 PM
My kids are too young to understand Father's day and I told my wife not to bother getting anything cos money is tight. But if truth be known I would settle for a few cans of Stella.

Wenda
06-19-2005, 06:49 PM
way too easy for me to have my dad back to the way he was when i was younger he was loved and feared by all that knew him ....just one day to have the old back would be pricless....a bad heart , and parkosons has left him a frail old man .........
damn you Wendy, you made me cry! I have 4 great kids, but until I read your posting I forgot how much I miss my own dad. We were partners. Drove my mom and others crazy because we didn't have to talk. We just went ahead and did things. He passed away in 1989, but still shows up in dreams that I have. My big regret, I never TOLD him how much I loved him until he was on death's doorstep. I just always assumed he knew. I have tried to avoid repeating that mistake. Happy Father's Day. wenda.

wilma
06-19-2005, 07:05 PM
Just got my fathersday call from my son. He told me he got a card but has'nt sent it off yet, Thats just like him. The phone call made my day. LOL Wilma

Sweet Jeanette
06-19-2005, 07:24 PM
I think that too many guys are hooked on the mahco image.... gotta have cars' bikes and beer. Ok I like those things, but hell, I like flowers, and art and sunsets and kittens too and I dont give a toss who knows, and thats not just an en femme (hate that cliche) exclusive thing, I like them all the time.

XX

Jayme[/QUOTE]

I like, and have, cars, 2 motorcycles, and the beer too.-But I am not"Macho".-Nor do I think of myself as "Macho"!---I too, like flowers, and art,(some kinds), and sunsets, and Sunrises, and kittens and doggies!-I too, like these things ALL the time, and also do not give a rats a-s who knows either!!!-I do not care what they think of me either!---I wish that there were MORE people, like me :( ---

Julie
06-19-2005, 07:35 PM
For my son to accept me for who I am, give me a hug and tell me he loves me.

He came over today. I wondered if I was getting my wish but no, he was looking for something. When he was done, he left, without even saying good bye, let alone Happy Father's Day. Life goes on.

Now I'm going to make myself a nice dinner with a glass of wine and then relax. When life gives you lemons, make dinner and have a glass of wine. ;) I think that's how the saying goes. :rolleyes:

suzym4u
06-19-2005, 07:44 PM
I'm divorced and now have custody of my two boys. The youngest one realized yesterday that "no one is here to take us out to get you something for Father's Day daddy". I was blown away that he even remembered at 8 years old, on his own!

I told him he didn't have to get me anything at all, all I wanted was a quiet, stress free day to do what ever he and his brother wanted to do.

I got my wish.

Amber5
06-20-2005, 01:57 AM
I consider all of you VERY lucky.

When my son was almost 4 years old, I got married. (divorced now lol) When I told my ex-gf that I was married she freaked out on me. A week later the phone number was disconnected. I havent seen my son since then. (that was in 1998.)

What would have made my day, just hearing from my son. Nothing more. I miss my boy more then most could possibly know. I have looked for him, even had an attorny look also...No luck. (I still get to pay child support though. Gotta love the L.A. support system.) Just hearing Hi from my son would have made my year... One day I hope to find him.

So for everyone who has contact with their children, CHERISH it. You dont know how bad it hurts when you dont.

Khriss
06-20-2005, 02:20 AM
though-though the kids, -daughter, nieces , nephews- and all the "kinder" I Know - I'm still Clint "Westwood" -to them- and figure - not to -upset that,,, or those often fragile relationships,,, til they might -ohh- relate better?? its a given though- DAD"S RULE!!! oh and some uncles,most fathers, and all the good Guy's,,, Gary Cooper and--- sh't bestest Fathers Day ALL!

Emma_Forbes
06-20-2005, 07:12 AM
Any acknowledgement from my eldest that it is father's day and that I'm his father would've been good. As it was, it wasn't!

Jenny Beth
06-20-2005, 08:45 AM
Well my daughter phoned and it was great to hear from her. She is very into being Goth, loads of peircings, tattoos and black makeup. Years ago this was an issue for me as was my crossdressing for her. But things have been great ever since we accepted each other. I am hoping she comes to visit soon, she has threatened to shape my eyebrows. I love her so much.

JoAnnDallas
06-20-2005, 09:42 AM
I want to say this has been a very good thread. I am glad I started it. Many great posts. I really feel Father's Day does not get the credit and hopla that Mother's Day gets. Equal Sexs they say.

Julie...... Well this year, my wife and I are seperated on Fathers Day, as we were on Mother's Day. Seperation is only because I am here in the Dallas, TX area looking for a job and staying with my sister and my wife is back in WV until the house sales. Then she will come here. I did not get a phone call from my son, but he is in the middle of his divoice, I kinda understand, but his ex knows where I am and my cell phone and I did not get a call from the granddaughter like I was hoping.

Amber... If you have it documented that you have joint custody and she has not let you have contact with your daughter, I would think you could go to the LA court and have your child support payments frozen until you ex agrees to joint custody and she can prove it. What you discribed is illegal in most states.

Katie Ashe
06-20-2005, 09:57 AM
I got my first pair of earrings... in 6 weeks I'm change them to something sexy :D

Katie

Valerie Reene Johns
06-20-2005, 10:20 AM
I'm so excited to share my Father's Day gift from my wife.

She knows of my crossdressing and has been confused yet supportive. Without boring all of you girls by going into the many details, we are progressing at a pace with which she is commfortable....But anyway..

We went to breakfast like we do most every Saturday morning. After we got home, we had several hours before a commitment we had in the afternoon. She suggested we go upstairs to clean up and get ready. (Keep in mind, there are several hours to kill....lol). I shave some areas regularly and try to keep the remainer of my body hair short, so we began by running the clippers over my entire body. Afterwards we bathed together in the bubble tub then shaved ourselves completely smooth.

After drying off, we gave each other a nice pedicure, finishing our toes with a pretty coral pink nail color, and finished by giving our smooth legs a rich lotion tan. What followed is not for sharing.

I've left out many of the descriptive details in the interest of time and space, but suffice it to say that we had a wonderfully good time....

I hope that everyone had a fabulous Father's Day...!!!

Huggs,

Valerie