PDA

View Full Version : Sc-tn

Stephanie Scott
02-15-2009, 05:24 PM
Was out of town on business last week and decided to dress up for the drive home. I found this to be very beneficial for long drives because I definitely stay awake the whole time, drive much more safely and closer to the speed limit(!), and heck, what ain't fun about being a girl on the road??

Wore a white blouse with pearl buttons, black skirt just above knee length, sheer black pantyhose and black pumps with little bows on the back. Thought I looked "ok" -- which is about all I can hope to achieve.

My hotel room was right by the side door on 1st floor, and I had parked my car in the 1st spot at the end of a short walk out the side door, so it was easy to escape without being seen by potential co-workers.

Started my drive on a warm sunny day and had a blast. Got honked at by a trucker who was sitting way up high in his truck, so I'm sure he just saw long hair, short skirt and stockinged legs, but it felt great nonetheless. (Every girl likes to receive validation!). It at least proved my theory that I might be passable "from a galloping horse," a phrase my dad liked to use (for other things, of course).

Stopped for gas w/o incident and later called the MAC store at Perimeter Mall in Atl to see if I could stop by w/o causing a ruckus (IDing myself as a CDer). She said, "Why, are you parading in with a herd of elephants?" Good one.

I almost never get to dress and venture out even more rarely, so it was scary step, but I parked at the mall, grabbed my purse, and marched in. The MAC was way crowded and too busy, although I did walk in. Then I went upstairs to the Sephora, where an SA wolf whistled at me! Lol. She then set about helping me greatly with advice about my wig and makeup, and she sat me down in a chair and put some purple eyeliner on me (what a revelation -- made my blue eyes really pop) and assorted foundations, bronzers, etc. I am really clueless when it comes to types of makeups, what would work best for me, and how to put it on. She was SO nice and supportive and encouraging and told me she thought it was great that I was a CDer. She made me feel really special. She wrote down all the products she used on my face and told me to contact her anytime with questions, giving her my email address. Thank you Elizabeth! :love: (ask for her if you go there -- she says she has CDers in there on a regular basis).

Walked through Victoria's Secret (none blinked an eye) then through Macys (whre several SAs helped me and I was able to get a cheap blue camisole with lace on the top on clearance). How fun was it to shop "freely" in girl mode!

Drove the rest of the way home w/o incident. My daughter and son told me I looked great when I got home!

GREAT day!

Shannen
02-15-2009, 06:09 PM
Now that sounds like one fun day!

:hugs:

joann426
02-15-2009, 06:40 PM
thats sounds like a fun day shopping

Alana65
02-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Wow Stephanie.....it sounds like you had a wonderful time. Thank you for sharing, hun.

Tina B.
02-16-2009, 12:49 PM
Great way to take a break from a long drive, and if that mall is not too far from home, sounds like you found a great place to shop!
Tina

StacyCD
02-16-2009, 03:17 PM
Sometimes we find some really accepting people out there and that makes up for the a******s that aren't!

Stephanie Scott
02-16-2009, 03:28 PM
I have only been out a few times in my life, but I haven't really had what could be termed as a negative experience overall yet. I'm sure that will come someday, because it's not like I'm all that passable or anything, and I hope I can handle it when it does. But y'all are right -- it is just such GREAT fun, and I enjoy meeting new and interesting people.

I am tempting fate again this Thurs and Fri night as I venture out for business again to GA. I expect to be driving through Atlanta again this Fri, and I would love to meet up with anyone who is interested in going out for some food or shopping to someplace "CD-safe." I have never ventured out with anyone except me, myself, and I. I am hoping to get my wife to go with me someday, but she isn't there yet (although she is largely accepting).

So if there is anyone out there interested in a "girly day" on Friday in Atlanta or on Thurs nite in middle GA with a 40-something, "passable only from a galloping horse," Christian, happily-married father of 2 CDer, let me know!

dilane
02-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Hi Stephanie, what a great day you had!

It is sooo liberating to be able to shop en femme. It is also great to have some GG's as consultants/stylists to help you with your look. There is so much to learn, even beyond getting the look right. Practice, practice :)

How old are your kids? Are you married?

Shannon
02-16-2009, 03:43 PM
What a rewarding and encouraging experience. I don't get out that much en femme, but stories like this make me want to get out there and have some fun!

Stephanie Scott
02-16-2009, 03:47 PM
Hi Stephanie, what a great day you had!

It is sooo liberating to be able to shop en femme. It is also great to have some GG's as consultants/stylists to help you with your look. There is so much to learn, even beyond getting the look right. Practice, practice :)

How old are your kids? Are you married?

Hi Dilane!

Yes, married with 2 kids. Wife is generally accepting, even occasionally supportive, although I don't think she does cartwheels about it or anything. Kids love it -- especially my daughter. My son is supportive but will roll his eyes occasionally.

I need A LOT of help. I have absolutely NO idea about where to even start when it comes to fashion, accessories, makeup, etc. I desperately want to learn, but I only get to dress rarely, can't justify the expense for many items of clothing, shoes, makeup, etc, and I almost never get to go out (2x in 1 week like this week will be is unheard of!).

What a rewarding and encouraging experience. I don't get out that much en femme, but stories like this make me want to get out there and have some fun!

Shannon,

Judging from your avatar, you look MUCH better than I do -- just go and do it!

Tricia Lee
02-17-2009, 01:03 AM
Sounds like a great time Stephanie! :)

To bad you aren't heading to Memphis instead of Atlanta. I'll be in Memphis next week on business. Planning to dress and go out as much as possible.

Hope
02-17-2009, 05:09 AM
Ok - I am officially jealous!

So far the farthest I have ventured out is wearing heels while driving - scuffing up the backs of course... but my day is coming.

Good for you!

Desiree2bababe
02-17-2009, 09:59 AM
Sounds like fun. Who doesn't love attention from those trucker boyz.....

jennifer easton
02-17-2009, 11:39 AM
Stephanie, to cool!! what a great day I am so enveous, don't stop now get out and WOW the world, Jennifer

Christie ann
02-17-2009, 11:41 AM
Great to have a supportive family. Enjoy your time outside!

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 11:23 AM
This is a really great post - I admire your courage and determination with the MAC SA - I understand that they are CD friendly

JoAnne Wheeler