PDA

View Full Version : Stephanie's Day (Monday) to go to the Deep end of the pool...

Sherry-Stephanie
02-15-2009, 06:42 PM
and dive in....

Been 11 months 1 week since I joined here and that was the time I started dressing...told the wife this is what I wanted to do...

Been out numerious times in drad shopping for the girl stuff....went out once dressed and drove around in the city and parking lots and stopped at drive up convience store to get some cigarrettes....spoke to the clerk but that was it...

But tomorrow is the time for Stephanie to "go and try her "girl" wings out....

She's off and she's decided to go to Franklin TN. and hit the Mall there and some of the other stores in the area and show all what type of girl she is...she's going to take a deep breath, get otu of the car and go become Stephanie. To those who are accpeting of her fine and to those who aren't she probably tell them to "kiss off"....

Heels, nails painted toenails jeans top hair makeup ect....made to look like an attractive woman going shopping for awhile...BTW Franklin is a money town and is loaded with all kinds of stores some Malls including one of the upscale malls in the area....She's got a 40 minute drive from the hosue and will spend about 3 hours out and about...

She'll provide a in-depth report when she gets back....

BTW she's been building for this day for some time now...this is her step out into the real world day and she's going flying by herself....and for those of you that have gone out and go out as a matter normal everyday being the girl....you all had this day at oen time as well right????

First two stops will be Ross's and DSW shoe store....then over to the Mall to venture out there....

This will be a good test to see how well she's progressed into be the woman she's become....

danielle_from_cal
02-15-2009, 06:56 PM
Good for you and good luck! Let us all know how it went. My first time doing a similar thing was exhilerating. I hope it is for you too.

Andrea's Lynne
02-15-2009, 07:04 PM
Good luck, Hun! Cannot wait to hear of your adventure!!

Karen564
02-15-2009, 07:46 PM
That's just Great, Good for you, Good Luck and have fun, We'll be here waiting for your report..

Karen

Wendy me
02-15-2009, 07:52 PM
our little girl is all grown up and is going out ........

KarenS
02-15-2009, 08:36 PM
Have a great time Stephanie. I wish I could go with you. :hugs:

Imagine a girls day at the mall. :D

Anyone else want to go?

Intertwined
02-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Good Luck, have fun, would love to see pic of your outfit, proud of ya kiddo.

linnea
02-15-2009, 10:30 PM
great--good luck!

Patty
02-15-2009, 10:33 PM
Good luck and have FUN

PretzelGirl
02-15-2009, 10:40 PM
And take pictures!!!! :cheer:

Tracii G
02-15-2009, 11:21 PM
Go get em' GF.

beenherelongtime
02-16-2009, 12:42 AM
good luck, enjoy..

Beth785
02-16-2009, 01:33 AM
Don't forget to take the camera! One you leave the house for the first time and see that people don't care what you wear, nothing will stop you from going out anywhere!

vivianann
02-16-2009, 05:03 AM
Been there done that, I remember the first time out, what an adrenilen rush, now its no big deal. we are rooting for you. once you have been out you will want to go out again and again. we wish you luck:D

CharlotteW
02-16-2009, 05:45 AM
Looking forward to your report. :)

Keely
02-16-2009, 05:54 AM
Today's the day. Have a great time. :hugs:

RobynB
02-16-2009, 06:23 AM
You will have a great time!

kaitlin
02-16-2009, 06:34 AM
Hey Girlfriend, If I could I'd meet you there! I'm only an hour and a half away. But enjoy and be safe, let us see pics and tell us how things went! Kaitlin

gwen cd
02-16-2009, 07:07 AM
Enjoy every minute of it.
My turn is still a bit of a time away.

Sherry-Stephanie
02-16-2009, 07:43 AM
Thanks all....

I'm up and really looking forward to doing this...the time has come to spread the wings more or less....

Part of me feels like OK time to go out and my assumption is that it will be a non-event as far as people looking or staring or pointing...then again I think that when I step out and walk through the door the lights will start flashing and over the intercom they'll blast a message saling "crossdresser in Isle 3"....

I'm going to more than likely wear jeans, heels a top thinking sweater since it's a bit cold this morning and it's not suppose to be more than 40 degrees at noontime...

My makeup will be more or less basic...no over the top eyeshadow or anything like that. My purpsoe is to blend in and not present myself as overly femmed so that I stand out....

Now what happens after that who the hell knows....MY first stop is the shoe dtore to look around see what they have and go for the luxury of actually being able to try on shoes and to see how they fit...for me that will be "heaven" so I don't have to do the buying getting them home and then see that they don't fit and then taking them back....after that I'll go next door to Ross's and I'm really looking for a pencil skirt if I can find one....once I browse through and find some stuff to try on I'll take it to the dressing room and go in and try it on....and hopefully I'll find something that I like and buy it....

Once that's done and I'm looking around and seeing that I blend right in and there isn't any crowd folling me around and gawking at me as some 'strange thing" on the loose....I'm going to head down to the Mall and browse around. If things go really well to that point and everything is a "non event" to that point, I might go into one of the large anchor stores where I use to work several years ago and just walk in and look around and see if I see anyone who I use to work with and see what hapens there. I think no one would recognize me. Now I'm not going to walk up to them and engage in converstion but I just want to if they walk near me or whatever....that would be an outstanding test to see how I blend in.

I will say this....I am motivated to this point by all of your comments I've read for the past eyar from all of you...from the Karren Hutton's...oh wait...there's only ONE Karren...from Tracii, Rennee, Monique, and all of the others who have reach and pasted the "stepping out"...I've taken those comments and experiences and have thought why not me???? Now it's my turn and so today is the day that Stephanie goes out into the real world....to take her place as a woman. Exciting???? Scary???? yes to both....bu then again wasn't that the way it was with all of you the first time you did it? Maybe it's kind of having sex for the first time????? We all have these different thoughts and fears but then when we do do it we discover hey that was no big deal....

So today has come that I must do this all by myself...no crutches no freinds for support no thing other than Stephanie has to get herself together and step out into the real world just as she is...a woman and take her place in society for better or worse. I think she'll do fine, she'll be able to blend in where people will simply look at her as not a man dressed in woman's clothing but as a woman and with her over all apprearence people will look for that one or two seconds and see a woman there and move on..they won't stop and go hey that's not right and then in their eyes start peeling back the onion and check out the hands the adams's apple the shape of the bone structure of the face the butt and all those little discreptancies that might indicate she's not a she...all in all I think that they will look see a woman and then think nothing more of it....their minds won't trigger beyond "Female" and go about their business without a second thought...These will be what I am looking at today.....

Soooooooo I'll report back on her experience later today....

Wish her luck.....

Sara Jessica
02-16-2009, 08:45 AM
You have a great plan Sherry, have fun and good luck. Can't wait to read about your outing.

And one more thing, three plus hours in heels might be a bit trying. It's so different when you are out than at home. You might want to have some flats in the car, just in case!!!

Sue Too
02-16-2009, 08:50 AM
I think your sisters have already said good luck in every imaginable way. I just want to add my support to the list. Yes, I remember my first time. What a rush it was. Enjoy yourself and have a wonderful time. Remember, you belong! Feel that way and act that way. Contrary to common beliefs---the entire world is not looking at us. Most dont give a darn.

WARNING-------shopping en femme is addictive. Be prepared for massive spending sprees.

Susan in Phoenix

Sherry-Stephanie
02-16-2009, 10:05 AM
Just got my make up on and I'm pleased with it....looks as good as it's going to get from my hands...it's on the brownish side of hues with brown lipstick...it pops but it is outlandish....

Now it's time to get dressed and then head on out....but I'll say good bye as I leave to you girls....

Hmmmm now what shoes should I wear???? Choices choices choices....

OK got everything done....make-up, hair, dressed, nails, earrings....purse/pocketbook and now I have to say...not looking to bad at all....so girls wish me luck...Stephanie is on the road....

Later

TommiTN
02-16-2009, 10:57 AM
Good luck, Steph. I know you'll do just fine!:)

Lora Olivia
02-16-2009, 11:51 AM
I hope everything went wonderful for you. Can't wait to hear the stories you will bring home.

Nicole Erin
02-16-2009, 12:02 PM
I think Sherry might be a bit nervous but that is normal.
hahahah well, it will be interesting to see what happens, I would like to make a prediction though -

I bet she posts that no one noticed or gawked and the gender police never showed up.

Well let me shut up and let the woman speak for herself...

Sherry, how did it go sis?

Laura Evans
02-16-2009, 12:06 PM
Good luck and don't fret too much about it. The first time is exhilarating and nerve racking all at once. Looking forward to hearing about your experience.:hugs:

sarahNZ
02-16-2009, 12:45 PM
good on you Stephanie

I hope your day is filled with awe and wonderment.

can't wait to hear your reaction from it all.

Sherry-Stephanie
02-16-2009, 02:42 PM
I'm back!!!!! and unscaffed!!!!

Stephanie has stepped out into the real world and YAHOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!

It was very very good....BUT....there were some ackward moments...not from others, but by me....however, lets talk about the good things first...

I drove up to Franklin and I wasn't nervous or anything like that not really excited or nervous...jsut wanted to get going and get out into the real world...

Got to DSW Shoes and walked in...but between getting out of the car and going into the store I discovered wearing 4" pump stilletos wasn't a good idea...they became a bit unstable on the asphalt...a new expercience for me and my walk/strut was now off...but I made it in....I started walking around and and god do they have some nice shoes....abet not everyone in a size 11 but still I could have gone "W.G.W"...Woman Gone Wild on some of those shoes....a bit on the expensive side....$40- $80 range but oh so sweet....if your looking for good shoes and are willing to pay a bit more this is the place girls....

I was walking around mainly up toward the back of the store...maybe 5-8 women in the store and no one even flintched that this guy dress as a woman was in the store.. Some even came close to me by passing me in the next isle and didn't even notice me....BUT I did pass some mirrows and got to see the full me for the first time...I looked good and all and I'm pleased with my looks but I at least to me look like a guy...Now there are some GG's out there that have a more mascline look and all but still that's how I looked at me...

A SA came over and talked to em for a bi...caught me off guard because I had to speak back to her....an obviously this ain't no woman your talking to but as I spoke to her she told me these shoes are on sale and over here are the enw arrivals...clearance shoes are in the back. I told her I would be looking for size 11 aqnd she said they were a number of shoes in 11's but not every shoe....I thanked her and she left me to be on my own....no shock not snear no nothing other than treating me like woman customer...so that was cool,,,,

I looked around and tried on a few pairs...it was so cool to be able to try and the shoes and not feel like "weird' it felt like I was a woman and trying to find my right shoes.....but still there were moments that I felt like a woman and then moments that I felt a bit "freakish" may I say....

I however, did find a pair of shoes to die for...they were something like a "Gladiator" shoe....$49 and i almsot bought them....size 11 and tried them on....I got up and walked over towards the SA who spoke to me before and she looked at me and I pulled up my pants to shoe the shoe and said well how do they look??? She said very nice...cute....how do they feel???? and i said they feel so comfortable....she then said they're a new arrival and they look very nice...and they did!!!!almsot got them but they would have broke the budget I had set aside for this trip....

Girls if you've got one of these shoe stores around you you've got to go there....

I got ready to elave and as I walked out the other SA asked me if I found everything OK and I said you've some great shoes here....I'm on a chat site and this place was suggested and I'm going to go and give it a very favorable reveiw to all the girls there....and she said oh that would be nice....and i said there's about 40 thousand members there...and she said oh reallY!!!!

I left but I'll be back again....I think if I went in there drab I would have drawn far more attention that Stephanie drew....really there wasn't any....

OK left there and next stop was Ross's...got otu of th car after I put in some lipstick and then walked in...again the asphalt was tricky with these shoes...but when I walked in oh lordie....I walked in on finished tile or concrete....right where one of the registers were an there was a line....all I heard as I walked in was click clack clickclack with me walking across the floor...talk about making an announcement "I'm here..."...I could feel the eyes all on me going "what the f**k is that"!!!!!!! I caught myself walking after about 6 or so teps and made a councious attempt to tone down my click clacking....I got in the store and wlking was very difficult in these shoes...extremely slick and the hells weren't grabbing so I was all over in my heels...NOTE TO SELF:...find something else to walk in the next time you go shopping....

I looked around and no one noticed me beyond my entrance...except oen woman who was staring....in the same row I was in and she was about 20 ft away and she was checking me out...I looked at her and she was staring t me and I smile and nodded and she turned away...she had been had....

Anyway,, I checked out some skirts seleted 3 and then one pair of slacks...1 size12 and 2 size 14 my normal size...the pants were 8's and sometime they work and sometime they don't...you know women sizing....

Took those to the fitting room and got a number and went in with the other girls...the attendant didn't even blink an eye....

I went in and took off my jeans and was standing there in my lace thong and sweater top and started trying on the skirts...the 14's fitted fine and one I selected looked very good....the 8's in the pant was just a tiny bit tight so I selected a 10 when I went out...

It was sooooooo much more enjoyable to select yoru clothes and go try them on....it's really the only way to go....the one skirt I tried that was fitting right I put my heels on and pulle dup on it a bit and was able to look in the mirror right then and there and say yup this one's for me....

I came out of the dressing room and gave the three items back and kept one...went back and selceted a size 10 slack...and click clacked my way towards the check out...got up there and there was a guy running the register...I know that he knew that I was and that he knew I knew that he knew that I knew I was...got that???? LOL...

I paid and then left the store clacked my way back to the car and took my leather coat of because I was hot...got in the car lite up a smoke and sat there for a few...all in all I felt good....no one was rude or snickered or anything like that....but I also felt like OK I'm out to strangers that he I'm a crossdresser...or more aptly jsut some weird guy walking around dressed like a female...

No one made me feel that way...just what I felt others would think....to the SA's they didn't seem to care but then again a sale is a sale..and green is green....Did they think I was some freak???? who knows but if they did that's OK....because right here I've got 40 thousands girls that say "Way to go Steph"!!!!!!!! The world's a little bit different because i stepped out into it today....

Look out now world...the Genie'[s out of the bottle!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Will I do this again??? damm right I will and each time it will get better and better and I know I need to work on my appearence and all, but I'm going to work on making some new friends from the SA's....

Steph.....

Yahooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darla in Pa.
02-16-2009, 03:08 PM
It really only hits you when your in your car and tell yourself well that wasn't to bad! I'm sure your on a major high right now congrats! Darla

Persephone
02-16-2009, 05:10 PM
Like you said, "Way to go Steph!!!" Welcome to the big girl world!

It looks like you not only had fun, but that you learned a lot -- you have to plan your shoes, the world (and it's pavement) is designed mostly by guys; you have to smile and talk, you can't get by with silence; but the main thing is that you're over the line now, girl! Betcha there's no turning back!

Hugs,

Sherry-Stephanie
02-16-2009, 05:28 PM
Persaphone...your so right....

My butts got a bit my sway in it tonight!!!!!

One of the best thigns I enjoyed today was having and using a purse....wonder why that is????? But getting things out of it and making change when I bought stuff it just seemed to make things a bit more "girly" or was the frosting on the cake....

But yeah I learned a lot....next time we'll tune it up some.....I think I need a professional make up to see if I can get a more femme look in my face.....

We'll see.....but yeah no going back now.....the girl's out and about!!!!!

Ashley_1962
02-16-2009, 05:37 PM
ditto on the 'Way To Go'!!! Thanks for sharing all of the fun details.

Laura Evans
02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
Congratulations Stephanie.:) It gets better each time you do it. You learned some things about being out in public and about yourself. What a fantastic feeling. Go girl.:hugs:

SusanMarie
02-16-2009, 06:45 PM
Oooh...shopping therapy...doesn't get any better!

Nicole Erin
02-16-2009, 11:33 PM
See it ain't so bad it is?
And with any shoes you always have to ask "what is it going to be like to try to walk graceful in these things?"

That guy at Ross who "knew", I wonder if he is on his favorite forum telling a story of a CD who came into the store? :heehee:

Tracii G
02-16-2009, 11:48 PM
I'm proud of you SS way to go.
Fun wasn't it?

StephanieT
02-16-2009, 11:50 PM
You look great. Go have a good time. Just have confidence and hold your head high. Looking forward to the full report. Please have pics.

docrobbysherry
02-17-2009, 12:01 AM
Look for bargains, and don't break the budget!:heehee:

Thanks for your trip details, Sherry S. Now, I can stay in the closet and STILL know what it feels like to go out!:D

Karen564
02-17-2009, 01:05 AM
One of the best thigns I enjoyed today was having and using a purse....wonder why that is????? But getting things out of it and making change when I bought stuff it just seemed to make things a bit more "girly" or was the frosting on the cake....

Congrat's Stephanie, You made it and sounds like you had fun doing it, so that's just great, and next time it'll be even easier and you'll have more fun.

Funny you mention the purse thing. because I'd feel naked without my newest bag, and then opening my new soft leather checkbook wallet with 20,000 credit card slots LOL, well, it's the icing on the cake as you say, it just finishes off the look..definitely all girly girl..

Karen

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 01:01 PM
Good for you - I hope you have a great time
Your Kentucky Sister,
JoAnne Wheeler

Catherine99
02-18-2009, 01:58 PM
Don't forget your credit cards.

Kaz
02-18-2009, 02:42 PM
Hi, I'm Kaz from the UK, just got back to the ranch after being out all day and have just caught Steph's thread. Steph, well done! Today I had a milestone too, but I am not in your league yet! I am so awe-inspired by yours! Not sure how, and or if the differences between US and UK play out... but I am still treading cautious! All I did was take advice from yesterday, shopped in drab and took blatantly obvious girl jeans in to try and buy - no problem at all - the "SA" as you call them (ie the girl monitoring the fitting room (mixed sex)) was totally non-plussed and carried on her conversation with whoever she was as if nothing happened!

Building up to yours still but your experience has inspired me!!

Thanks for sharing! xx:battingeyelashes:

boardpuppy
02-18-2009, 03:06 PM
Sherry, the next time will include lunch/dinner, not a drive through but a sit down affair. This will be almost as excelerating (well in a different way) and the things you will learn from watching the other GG's will literly floor you. I'm so happy your outing was such a success, it reenforces the desire to go out again. Have fun finding your way out of the Pink Fog and getting down from cloub 9.
Hugs,
Alice