PDA

View Full Version : A Question about makeup

JudyCDTV
06-18-2005, 05:45 PM
I was wondering how much should I set aside for buying a good makeup kit and all the accessories I need ? And any suggestions for the eyes or lips or foundations etc...?

DanaJ
06-18-2005, 06:47 PM
It depends on what you mean by "good", but I would at the minimum set aside about $60. We have many threads in the beauty Club about foundation, eyeliner, false eyelashes and more.... we would like to see you there :)

DanaJ

Gina Lima
06-18-2005, 06:50 PM
I was wondering how much should I set aside for buying a good makeup kit and all the accessories I need ? And any suggestions for the eyes or lips or foundations etc...?

I love the makeup from Victoria Secrets. A good make kit cost around $80.00. Their makeup and accessories are awesome!

Jodeeuk
06-18-2005, 07:17 PM
Makeup , is long drawn out process, and takes along time to learn,and is expensive, buying womens magazines and cutting out eyes and faces and making a scrap book is helpful, allso some kinds of mascara, eyeshadow, and liqiud eyeliner, could cause some alergic reactions....never use make up that has been opened for more than a few months....buy decent set of real hair brushes wash your brushes often, and buy stuff that has quility, alot of stores like sears will give away gifts of high quality brands when you purchase a cirtain amount of dollars, quality cosmetics makes a world of diferance. it may cost more, but really you dont need 35 difernt colours of eyeshadow,
day time natural browns and highlights and evenings you can use the same as your daytime colours and flash it up wth some dark brown or reds with some shimmer on your brow bone,
plucking your eyebrows makes a diferance, do a little at a time, and just tidy them up at first, a monobrow will make any perfect makeup job, make you look like a neandethal in drag

use lip liner, a shade darker than your lipstick, soft ones that dont lose there tip when drawn on the back of your hand,they have testers use um
same with eyeliner pencils
i used liquid liner, but that takes alot of practice, but is awesome to create the cat like eyes
when I was Crossdressing I was using Dermablend, some people hate it becouse it can look thick and nasty, its harsh stuff but applied thinly in the areas that dont need coverage and a little more generously on the hairy bits, works wonders, dont use the dermablend face powder as its white and when you are having pictures taken it refects and makes you look like a clown without the red nose, again a quality loose powder and a good brush works best

another thing that is really really importent is learning to shave really well, this may sound obvious, but I can have a 1pm in the after noon shadow, shave in the bath allways heat your face up with a hot face clothe, and shave Very carefully, once your done doit again warm face clothe and try to pull your skin tight against the razor

its a learning curve most GGs dont spend enough time on. practice practice practice

spaskinstyle
06-18-2005, 07:28 PM
You can see a direct result of my makeup line in the Beauty Section under the post: " Here are the Results".

For our basic collection, Mascara, Eyeliner, Foundation, Stage Quality Concealer Foundation (Beard Cover) , and Powder Compact the total would come to about $84.00.

Theresa