PDA

View Full Version : Coming Out

Tori
06-18-2005, 06:01 PM
Hi,

My name is Tori and I'm seriously conseidering coming out and living life dressed the way I feel most comfortable. However, I'm serious nervous about the reaction of family and friends. I would be greatful for any advise from someone who's been there. thank you.

Julie
06-18-2005, 06:05 PM
Hi and welcome Tori, I hope you enjoy it here.

I've taken the liberty to copy this to the M/F section where more people will see it.

~Julie~

chezie
06-19-2005, 08:30 AM
it can be a very lonly place hiding in the closit( as you know) do you have a close female friend?find out her opinions first. she may help even give you some tips. most of my closest friends know, but not all have seen!

welcome to the forum tori :welcom:

Kimberly
06-19-2005, 11:13 AM
yeh, I'd say: check a few people's reactions first, and build up a group of friends who know about your CDing.

Then you can think about coming out seriously...and if you get abuse of any kind because of it, you'll have that group of friends to back you up! :)

Rachel_740
06-19-2005, 12:37 PM
Hi,

My name is Tori and I'm seriously conseidering coming out and living life dressed the way I feel most comfortable. However, I'm serious nervous about the reaction of family and friends. I would be greatful for any advise from someone who's been there. thank you.

Hi Tori,

Welcome here and I just love your name.

I transitioned back at the beginning of this year and I'm so happy with my new life. For me (and I stress FOR ME) the transition was fairly straight forward and I felt at the time I had no issues, but looking back to my first 2 of 3 months en-femme I did have problems, mainly with just carrying on with life. I was tending not to talk to people (who I had always talked with) and was continually looking round to see who was looking at me (probably more so in the familiar environment of work).

Having said that, I have sorted those issues out now, my family is happy and supportive of my transition. Most people at work (at least on the surface) accept it, and I'm happier than I've been for many years - possibly for ever.

Have a look at my postings.

Anne

Tori
06-20-2005, 02:36 PM
Hi Chezie,

Yes Tori has a very supportive SO who loves her very much. I'd like to ask for a little advise if I may. How can I make her feel more comfortable and confident about her coming out. Thank you for any words of wisdom.

Virginia

AllThingsPretty
06-20-2005, 02:47 PM
Hi Tori, Since you already have a supportive SO, you have half the battle won. As far as telling the rest of your family. thats something that the both of you should be comfortable doing as it does effect both of your lives. If you both feel good about it, I am sure it will work out for you.

Priscilla1018
06-20-2005, 02:54 PM
A good point to begin is in the archives of the forum look for all posts about coming out.You will see what has worked for some as well as some of the downside of coming out.In my case I was very fortunate,not everyone is At least with all the information you can make a decision about how to do it.Best of luck.

Kimberly
06-20-2005, 02:59 PM
I know I've already replied... but:

I've come out to two of my friends in the past 4 days, and they've both been amazing about it. One has said she would go shopping with me, and one has only had a few hours of knowing, but is still supportive!! :D

It's easier than you think, girl... easier than shopping! :) (for me, anyway ;))