PDA

View Full Version : Chix Mix 5th Anniversary Party

Julie
06-18-2005, 07:54 PM
It was another of those kick-yourself-in-the-butt-and-get-dressed evenings. I think I was a bit nervous because I was going to a club I had never been to before and meeting people I had never met, alone. I was all over the place about what to wear. Then I figured it's a lesbian event so when in Rome... So I wore a black long sleeved cotton top, pink skorts and pink suede boots (no heel) with fuzzy tops. I think they call them Muggs. No problem with aching feet today. :D

I had planned on being there around 10PM but I dilly-dallied so long I didn't get out of the house until 9:15. Traffic was fine until I hit downtown Chicago and then it came to a standstill. I know the city like the back of my hand so I got off the expressway and decided to take main streets to get there. Bad idea! They were just as backed up as the expressway. I finally got back on and got to the near north side around 10:15. Parking is always a problem but I found a spot about three blocks away. But I had another problem - potty time and I didn't think I could make the three block walk. I stopped at a gas station - no bathroom, a hotel - sorry and finally found some bushes. :o Whew! I bet that made a pretty sight!

I walked into Circuit around 10:40 and looked around for any of the people I was planning on meeting. It was all GGs and no CDs! So I just kept walking around then I saw a guy who might be one of the people I was meeting. It was Bill. We said hi and talked a bit. Bill was with a friend, Chuck (neither were CDs). I mentioned I had left my camera in the car and Bill, who lives about a block from Circuit, offered to walk me back to get it. We had a nice talk there and back.

Two more CDs had arrived while we were gone and I took a picture of Bill, Chuck and Gina. The place was filled with fog and the flash whited out everything at a distance. There was a blonde girl sitting right in front of us and I asked her if I could take some pics of her to get a feel how close I had to be so the fog didn't lose the shot. She was agreeable and I soon realized I needed to be very close. She then asked if she could take some pics of me. Of course I said yes!

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/6-05/chixmix2.jpg

Then the shutter bug in me took over and I started going around taking pictures. All the girls were more than willing to pose. I told them I planned on sending them to the ChixMix website for them to put them up. I was so into it I was working up a sweat! I seem to have so much more fun taking pictures, don't know why.

I was pretty much done when some girls asked me if I'd take their picture. Then they said they wanted me to be in the shot with them. Cool. So one of the girls took my camera and took a couple of pictures of the three of us.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/6-05/chixmix1.jpg

I had a lot of fun and told one of the Chix Mix hostesses I would send them the pictures. All total I think there were about 50 pics. It will be interesting to see if they put them on their website.

I left around 1:15 and Bill walked me back to my car again. He was worried I would be an easy target with that big camera I was toting. He was a real gentleman.

I went to Escapades and met Laura. I saw a lot of people I hadn't seen in a while and of course closed the place. I just never want the night to end when I'm dressed.

No idiots all night, just a lot of great people and a lot of fun. One thing I realized is how at home I feel at lesbian events. As soon as I walked into the place I got this comfortable feeling inside me like this is where I belonged. It really makes me wonder about how the mind works. I pretty convinced mine is female.

And BTW, the nails are still holding strong but they sure makes for slow typing!

Priscilla1018
06-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Hi Julie,

Sounds like you had a wonderful night out and met some really cool people.You rock girl. :Power:

Julie
06-19-2005, 02:56 AM
I forgot to mention, after Escapades closed, Laura came back to the house with me and we did another one of our endless talk sessions. We went out on the deck and sat there for a while, mind you it's light out and human beings are just getting up. Later she asked to see how hot the hot tub was because I've been telling her you'll cook like a lobster if you get in now (it's around 105 degrees, too hot for summer!) So I pulled the top off and she wanted to take a pic of me sitting on it.

https://home.comcast.net/~julimarie/images/6-05/hottub.jpg

We went in after that and it was 11AM already! And I didn't even feel tired! And I'm sure more neighbors got to see another Julie showing. Oh well, they'll live.

About 1PM I'm laying on the couch and Laura's at the kitchen counter, talking, and it hits me. Nappy time! So I went into the study to that old couch I lived on for months and laid down. Laura took the couch in the family room. I woke up around 6PM and she was gone. Then I went to my room and slept 'til 11PM. Now it's 2:50AM and I can't sleep.

You know, I think I'm addicted to dressing. Even with having done an all nighter I still had to talk myself out of going out again tonight. I kept saying, "You live in a 54 year old body, girl! It's not nice to do that to yourself!" But I get so energized when dressed, it's like a drug.

How long before the government puts warning labels on women's clothes saying, "WARNING, MEN! This garment, combined with makeup, wig, other garments and heels can be hazardous to your health!" Then when you go to buy it, you get carded!

Now I'm tired...

:gnight:

Sweet Jeanette
06-19-2005, 03:05 AM
Very, Very pretty, Ladys! :)

spaskinstyle
06-19-2005, 03:53 AM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time. You look fantastic too. Nice here in the city with all the great places to go. Good for you girl!

Theresa

Deidra Cowen
06-19-2005, 07:44 AM
Then I figured it's a lesbian event so when in Rome.

Funny line!! Great post, sounds like a wonderful adventure. I like your pics, but you really look great in that first pic. It it fun sometimes to just try to dress to blend in....you pulled it off.

CharleneCD
06-19-2005, 10:19 AM
Julie, I can only hope I look half as good as you do when Im 54. Im so glad your getting out and having a great time.

Julie
06-20-2005, 08:58 AM
Father's day was somewhat disappointing. My son stopped by but didn't say much and left without even saying good bye, let alone wishing me a happy father's day. I called my daughter in Boston and thanked her for the father's day call (sarcasm appreciated). She apologized but said she was swamped with schoolwork and that's okay with me. But for the most part it was just me all day. So I came here looking for some human interaction and read what you girls wrote and it made my day.

Thanks so very much for your replies and kind words. I only hope someday we could all meet. You are such great people. :)

Di
06-20-2005, 11:32 AM
Julie sounds like you had alot of fun and the pics prove it......Great pics
And I love your smile even your eyes smile

MistyCD
06-22-2005, 04:13 PM
Julie, I don't know why but you look so much better in the first picture with the pink skort versus the one by the hot tub. I don't know why but you do. Maybe because the first picture flatters your face and concentrates on you versus the surroundings, ie hot tub, stairs, etc.

I do have one question for you, I just got my first skort and I have noticed that the front of the skirt separates a little to reveal the pants underneath, especially when walking or if its a little windy. I have tried pulling the built in belt on the waist tighter. have you experienced this? If so, what do you do?

Luv Misty

samanthajay
06-23-2005, 12:23 AM
how any times do i have to tell julie she looks great? all the time i guess :rolleyes: