PDA

View Full Version : Pampering weekend

juliana
02-16-2009, 07:30 PM
Last weekend was delightful. Everything started on friday since i had my regular bi weekly mani/pedi
at 6:00pm, i got there 5 minutes and Sue was waiting for me, she started with the pedicure and she asked
me if i have any nail polish color in mind and told her that i didn't and i would appreciate if she can choose
the color for me since i always have a hard time choosing the color.

-she said; sure i can do that, do you want dark or a light color
-i said; whatever you think it will look pretty on me
-she came back with 2 nail polish bottles,a dark red and reddish orange and said i brought those 2
but i think the dark red will look better on you.
-i said; ok then, dark red it is.
Toward the end of the manicure she asked me if i wanted my eyebrows done too, and i said sure why not.
She asked if she could give a suggestion on the shape and explained me that a certain shape
would look better than the other we agree on the shape and i am very happy about it.
About 7:30pm i left the nail place all doll up with a french manicure, dark red toenails and eyebrows waxed
and off course felling wonderful.
Next morning i woke up around 9:00am got dressed up in a pair of woman's jeans, woman's polo shirt and
pair of purple all star sneaker's and decided to go to the mall.
After walking in the mall for almost 2 hours i decided to stop at the Clinique counter and i started to
asking to the sales rep a couple of questions about eye shadows and stuff(trying to make conversation) 5 minutes
into the conversation i asked her how do they charge for a full makeup? and if she was comfortable doing on me?
She said that there was a $75.00 minimum purchase and i reply; no problem!!
She started the session and little by little she was felling more comfortable and started asking questions
about crossdressing i off course took my time explaining to her and we kind of became friends. In the
end she said that i didn't have to buy anything if i didn't want too, and as a matter fact gave me some samples
and told me to come back whenever i needed. After that i left the mall and headed home thinking to my self what
weekend!!

Sorry, but i am a horrible writer.

PaulaSF
02-16-2009, 08:24 PM
I think the makeup counter makeovers are a great resource, for us fairly out t-gals. Far better result, and value than the TG-specific makeover services/boutiques offer, in my experience.

FYI MAC only has a $50 product purchase minimum (tho given their prices, easy to go over that). I took a coupla fairly out gals in tow to the local MAC counter at Macy's, just prior to our big, annual Bay Area "Cotillion" on the 9th, and all 3 of us got "the works." I was already dressed casually femme, but a coupla of us took pix of our dresses, etc. with us, to give the MA an idea of the coloring we were seeking, and the results turned out great.

My nearby nail salon doesn't do waxing, so I also took advantage of the Benefit Brow Bar, there at the same Macy's, about 20 yards from MAC, and will be utilizing it in the future, much easier communication than at most nail places, too, tho perhaps a bit spendier, at $20, vs. the more common $15.

Tho nearly white/translucent brows, they are "thick as caterpillars," requiring frequent "thinning" along with more femme, arched, shaping, and likely will take her advice and get 'em tinted, going forward, as esp. in summer, the sun really bleaches 'em out.

cheers,
Paula

Danni Kay
02-16-2009, 09:20 PM
Wow, what a great weekend! Your toenails looks especially nice. Your brows look really good, too. I also love going to the nail salon and have a good relationship with my nail tech; I get my manicure, pedicure, and brows done every three weeks if I can.

I recently had my make-up done professionally for the first time and it was a great experience.

Holly
02-16-2009, 09:51 PM
I hope you did more than thank the MA, especially if you did not purchase any product.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 12:54 PM
God, you lucky girl ! You just want to make the rest of us dying with envy - you succeeded !

JoAnne Wheeler