PDA

View Full Version : Just paid through my nose for the Venus razor.

Daniel
06-18-2005, 10:04 PM
And some Skintimate shaving gel as well. And I played Russian roulette with my secret by daring to buy it in the first place. It was NERVE-WRACKING purchasing that stuff in its frilly packaging. I ended up getting some Cheetos too, to try to make it less obvious. I paid as quickly as I could before the cashier could socialize with me and possibly ask me who it is for. And it ran me over thirteen dollars. For someone who just got a job and needs to save up money, this is a lot.

After all that trouble, my legs BETTER be baby-smooth when this is done. I'm going to go do it right now. And I'll report the result when I'm done.

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-18-2005, 10:10 PM
I've found that people generally don't care what you buy because they just want to get you away from their register.

Or, if they are blabbermouths they will look at everything and try to talk to you about things :D but I don't know how to act interested in people so they don't really talk to me much, and I can live with that. (:

Tamara Croft
06-18-2005, 10:39 PM
13 dollars for venus razor, shaving gel AND cheetos?? and you think thats expensive?? Thats like £6.50.... it costs that for just the venus blades here....... you should think yourself lucky how cheap things over there are!!!!!!! :evilbegon

<edit> Thats only for 4 blades here :(

Daniel
06-18-2005, 11:05 PM
It does cost more than that for a package of eight blades - about $16.00. I just got the razor(which came with one extra blade) to see how it would work. And here are the results:

Definitely a better job than I ever got with a cheapo razor that was not embarrassing to buy. Rubbed together, it feels good - quite unlike all the other times. Enough to give me a spike of interest in crossdressing. A few areas of very slight stubborn stubble if felt carefully, but not even enough to feel without really trying. A few cuts - perhaps owing to impatience and residual poison ivy - but they're dry already. I can't feel them now.

If I took my time a little more, I'm sure I can get absolutely ALL the hair. And no cuts at all. I would say worth it.

liteswtchrave
06-19-2005, 01:59 AM
I bought a venus razor at publix before and when checking out the lady didnt say anythign untill she told me my total. Then she said wow thats alot for so little stuff...and then she was like oh shaving stuff and she saw it was a girls razor...she gave me a funny look and i just paid and left

Kimberly
06-19-2005, 03:41 AM
A few areas of very slight stubborn stubble if felt carefully, but not even enough to feel without really trying.
*Grumble*... tell me about it... *grumble*

I use my mum's venus razor. One of her more intelligent purchases, me thinks! ;)

Imogen_Mann
06-19-2005, 04:14 AM
13 dollars for venus razor, shaving gel AND cheetos?? and you think thats expensive?? Thats like £6.50.... it costs that for just the venus blades here....... you should think yourself lucky how cheap things over there are!!!!!!! :evilbegon

After several years of having my Ex use my razor, not her venus, or other females razors.... I just assume that from her point of view my Wilkinson quatro (or gilletes) were better than her venus was. I just asked her to buy the blades, and it saved me a fortune !

I think prices in the UK are a monsterous extortion ! Sepcially razors, petrol, nappes and sanitary products. (all VAT paying purchases... because obviously, all those things are luxury items.... I smell a RIP OFF !! )

XX

Jayme

Ashlyn
06-19-2005, 06:28 AM
I have used the venus for 6 months now.I find it does an amzing job on my legs.Well worth the price.Never had any problems with the cashier,the most I get is good purchase it really does a great job.

JoAnnDallas
06-19-2005, 08:50 AM
Try this little trick, next time you buy some fem items. Take a piece of paper with you with scribbling on it. When you get to the check out and the fem items are in view, hold up the piece of paper and petent to check out the list. Say something like "Ok that's hers, that's mine, that's mine, that's hers, yep wife will be pleased, I got everything she wanted." Works everytime for me. Even better if you hold up the piece of paper with your left hand, so the gold wedding ring shows. The thought that comes to their mind is , "Ah he's married and his wife sent him to the store."

Ibuki_Warpetal
06-19-2005, 09:19 AM
Or you can do like me and just buy the stuff without pretending it's not yours with a little smile and plenty of eye contact. (:

Subsequent trips will be much easier especially if you see the same person.

Imogen_Mann
06-19-2005, 09:24 AM
Give 'em the look that dares them to say anything, sort of saying ? "yes ? you had something clever to say ?.... well..... Let hear it then ?"

Works for me, and makes them go pink. :o

XX

Jayme.

mand
06-19-2005, 09:35 AM
Don't worry what they think Daniel, honestly love they don't care ;) I always use the Venus razor and yes it is very good :)
Tell you what Daniel if you can get some Johnsons hair minimalising cream to go with it. It's a bit gloopy,but it works a treat.

love mand xxx

herricksux
06-19-2005, 10:05 AM
there just cashier people...y do u care bout them...they cant get u in trouble

Nisha
06-19-2005, 10:43 AM

Yeah. Cheetos are not cheap here, you know.

-Nisha

Kimberly
06-19-2005, 11:15 AM
Give 'em the look that dares them to say anything, sort of saying ? "yes ? you had something clever to say ?.... well..... Let hear it then ?"

Works for me, and makes them go pink. :o
Hmm... I need more explanation on the look... eyebrows raised? How about one eyebrow raised. hmmm... nah, you'll have to go into some detail so I can use this :p

KewTnCurvy GG
06-19-2005, 12:36 PM
You grrlz fret about this when NO ONE NEEDS TO WORRY ONE BIT! For example, you could have been buying it for you g/f or your sister or your mom. Someone could have sent you to the store or asked that you picked it up for them. You grrlz think you're transparent to the world when you're not! Ppl would never, ever, ever, never, ever, never, never, never, NEVER, N-E-V-E-R give it a second thought whatsoever! Seriously! I'm being honest with you here!

Jodeeuk
06-19-2005, 12:58 PM
I think you blew it with the cheetos, you should of bought beer and a copy play boy :)

Wendy me
06-19-2005, 01:02 PM
i would have put back the cheetoes .....and one with the shaver...........

Zoey
06-19-2005, 09:54 PM
When the Venus razor first came out, my Mom aksed me to buy one for her while I was doing her grocery shopping. This was before I started crossdressing and I wasn't very nervous about buying it. When I was at the checkout counter, the man who was bagging the groceries noticed it and asked me if it was a new kind of razor. I just replied that it was, and he seemed to be kind of excited about it. I've wondered whether or not he noticed that it was a women's razor.

I haven't tried the Venus one myself. Most of the women I know prefer to use the Mach3 or other men's razors instead. I was given a Gillette M3 power razor as a gift a while ago. This is one those new models with a vibrating handle. There's a women's version too that I think is called Vibrance. It didn't seem to shave any closer than the regular Mach3, but there was less irritation. I think that may have been because I used a lighter touch than usual, since the vibrations just made me more afraid that I would cut myself badly.

AnnaMaria
06-20-2005, 12:09 AM
I just love the venus razor. It is the best thing that I have tried on my legs so far. In fact I got my wife using it as well and she likes it just as much.

As far as the sales person goes, I don't really worry about it to much. The places where I shop have seen me enough times with my wife that they just probably think that it is for her and go about their business. Though I must say that last week end while at the Be All in Chicago I made a trip to walmart with my wife while I was dressed to get a new pair of sandles for the Party that night and I did notice a few looks. But when we went to check out my wife paid for the stuff we baught and nothing was actually said by anyone about me at all. It was ner4ve racking but I got through it with no real problems and went back to the hotel for the rest of the festivities.

Bernadina
06-20-2005, 09:46 AM
Just picked up one of the new Venus Vibrance. Its a bit like the Mach3 Power which I also have. I like them both. I find the Venus does a great job on legs, arms and body. The mach3 for the face and underarms.

I also tried the Schick Quattro a few month ago and found that I didn't like it at all.

Bernadina
06-20-2005, 09:52 AM
After several years of having my Ex use my razor, not her venus, or other females razors.... I just assume that from her point of view my Wilkinson quatro (or gilletes) were better than her venus was. I just asked her to buy the blades, and it saved me a fortune !

I think prices in the UK are a monsterous extortion ! Sepcially razors, petrol, nappes and sanitary products. (all VAT paying purchases... because obviously, all those things are luxury items.... I smell a RIP OFF !! )

XX

Jayme

Ah yes but the chocolate and clothes have great prices. We usually come back with a suitcase full of Cadbury's Turkish Delight and both guy and girl clothes.

I did check out he introductory price of the Mach 3 Power in London a while back and almost fell over at what they were asking.

Jessica_six
06-20-2005, 10:04 AM
I love the Venus razor. They are fairly expensive, but it's the best I've found for all over body shaving. It works really well on facial hair too.

I've found that most cashiers don't even bother to really look at the items you're buying unless they have to, like to do a price check or something. All they want is for you to get through it as fast as possible. Buying a razor and some shaving gel wouldn't get most of them to even bat an eye, let alone make a comment about it.

jo_ann
06-20-2005, 07:07 PM
u know what else works great for anonymity? I don't know about other areas, but in chicago nearly every home depot, Mjiers, walmart, target have self-checkout (scan your items, press some buttons on a computer screen, pay, leave). It only becomes embarassing if for some reason razors come up as (must be 18, please show ID to register), but I don't think that would come up.. though I did get stopped twice, once for buying an R-rated DVD and once for buying diet pills.

Daniel
06-20-2005, 08:40 PM
Those self-checkouts can screw up fairly easily. So I would suggest, in that case, getting ONLY the razor and gel. The fewer items you scan, the less chance it has to freeze up and require someone to come over and help. Still less nerve-wracking than talking to a cashier.

stefanie
06-20-2005, 09:24 PM
Hey Girls...Gillette Mach3 power. It does an amazing job on my legs. It is effortless and keeps my legs unbelievably smooth. I know many women who use this versus the Vibranz and swear it gives them a closer shave. The vibrating head actually helps to reduce cuts as it makes it easier to 'saw' the hair away.

this is worth the money!

stefanie