PDA

View Full Version : Shopping with uncomfort...

Shikyo
02-17-2009, 01:11 PM
First of all some basis information on what happened before. My grand father died, so me and my wife had to go shopping. For my luck, I did have a suit already, because I attended a funeral last summer. The problem was, I'd lost so much weight that I really had to get a new belt.

We were wondering through the shops with my wife, getting her fitting funeral outfit, that would be warm enough to be used in over -10 celsius. I was dressed just the way I usually am, though I was not wearing a bra as I had to visit my grandmother earlier and she insists on hugging when we come and when we leave, so she'd notice the bra with ease.
I could not find any nice belts, so I went to the store where I had gotten my old belt, hoping to find the same one or something similar. The problem: It was all male store...

We entered the store just like anyone enters a store. However, the moment I entered the store I somehow started to feel unwell. Soon I realized how all of the shop clerks were looking at us, like we'd be lost. Ignoring them I just got up a floor, where the belts and suits were located. Again, the same kind of look. The location for the belts have slipped through my mind, so I asked a shop clerk where to find them. She had a short speechless moment before replying. I got the belt and left the store.

Never in my life have I felt so uncomfortable in a shop before, if I would not have needed the belt for the funeral, I really would have left the store faster than one can say it. In all the stores we went before, no one seemed to care(maybe because we were only going around the womens section.

So I was wondering if anyone else had a similar experience. Shopping in a store meant for the sex you physically are, but it feeling uncomfortable in anyway.

kimmy p
02-17-2009, 01:21 PM
Hang in there honey, funerals and weddings tend to be few and far between. You won't have to do this often.

Karren H
02-17-2009, 02:28 PM
Personally... If it has to do with shopping, I don't feel uncomfortable in any store, buying anything, now mater what I wearing.. Lol.

Tina B.
02-17-2009, 03:07 PM
Personally... If it has to do with shopping, I don't feel uncomfortable in any store, buying anything, now mater what I wearing.. Lol.

:iagree:
Tina

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-17-2009, 04:28 PM
I'm with karen on this one, I shop till you drop quite often and am never uncomfortable, my wife is though. I try on bras at VS all the time just for the kicks of it. I go to Dress Barn to try on outfits all the time, the sales clerks are always very helpful. I can't tell you how many times I have tried on heels while en drab or enfemme. Dis -comfort is a state of mind, don't go there and you'll be just fine.

sarahNZ
02-18-2009, 04:02 AM
Shopping aside I tink it was rude of the SA to stare and make the customer feel unwelcome, no matter how you were dressed.

Shikyo
02-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Hang in there honey, funerals and weddings tend to be few and far between. You won't have to do this often.

In my case, I'm afraid funerals are still coming ahead of me. Lots of them. I should have more older relatives than younger ones.

Shopping aside I tink it was rude of the SA to stare and make the customer feel unwelcome, no matter how you were dressed.

It was not even just one SA, but all of them. Sadly, I had been walking way too much for not to just go in there and stay that five minutes there to get the belt. I was not really feeling like looking for more places for a belt neither, just wanted to get it done so that I could finally rest my body.
This is coming from a person that has gotten stared at him the whole life(okey, a big part of it) as I never really fitted the standards of the society, no matter where I lived I always stood out in one way or another.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 10:48 AM
I would not shop where I was made to feel unwelcome !

JoAnne Wheeler