PDA

View Full Version : Second opinion and surgery assessment

Steph Butterfield
02-17-2009, 04:18 PM
Thought I would pop by with a little update, since I was last here, I have been physically assaulted twice and sexually assaulted once, still waiting for someone to refer to me as female too.

On a brighter note, I have my second opinion and surgery assessment appointments on April 23rd. If all goes well, surgery planned for August / September.

Stephanie

Annaliese
02-17-2009, 04:25 PM
Good luck I hope the second opinion goes well, let us know the out come.

Hugs Annaliese

Zenith
02-17-2009, 06:16 PM
Steph...I worry about you..are you OK...maybe you should move to a safer location...that sounds very bad...:sad:

~Kelly~
02-17-2009, 06:26 PM
I hate to hear that you are being singled out for these kinds of attacks. Are the police involved? Are there charges being brought against anyone? I don't know anything about the situation and I just hope that you are ok and stay safe. With that being said, congrats and good luck with your appointments!

Jenna1561
02-17-2009, 11:28 PM
Steph,

I'm worried for you also. Do you think these assaults are random or are you being targeted? Have they occurred in the same or nearby locations? Can you change your routine to avoid them/these areas?

I know you've most likely already considered these and other options, but is there anything you can do to avoid these situations? What do the police say on these matters? Are you able to identify your attackers?

Steph, please be careful and take care for your safety. Three assaults; I think you may be lucky to just be alive.

On the lighter side, good luck with your upcoming second opinion and surgery assessment.

Jen

Steph Butterfield
02-18-2009, 03:26 AM
Its because I am a transsexual and because I don't pass, I do have some plans to move, but would it be any better anywhere else for a non passable transwoman like me.

Steph

LaurenS.
02-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Steph, I can't imagine you will be assaulted everywhere you go. I have to believe it would be safer someplace else. The point is it isn't safe where you are now! I don't know how much the police are involved.You shouldn't have to move to be safe but it is what it is.
Lauren

Tizabet
02-19-2009, 05:57 AM
but would it be any better anywhere else for a non passable transwomanAbsolutely! I definitely don't pass yet, and the worst I've ever gotten was a disturbed frown (this is limited to rednecks sitting at the back of the bus). But for the most part, people either don't care, or give me sincere smiles (which they did NOT do before I started transitioning). So I know that my area (Bellingham, WA) is good about it, but I suspect the trick is just that it's a very liberal college town.

Carole Cross
02-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Sorry to hear about your being assaulted, Steph. I hope your second opinion goes well and you get the go ahead for surgery. After what you've been through, you deserve it.
Carole :hugs:

Steph Butterfield
02-25-2009, 05:56 PM
Thanks, Lauren, tizabet and carole

Absolutely! I definitely don't pass yet.

You actually look amazing in ya pic, I think you pass fine.

Stephanie

gagirl1
02-25-2009, 06:50 PM
oh god, Steph, I am so sorry those horrible things happened to you. Nobody should ever have to experience such trauma, especially someone as sweet as yourself. i sincerely hope things get better, and that you can find a safe environment in which to be yourself. have the police done anything to help?