PDA

View Full Version : New location bliss

aliceeliot
02-17-2009, 08:01 PM
I don't normally start a new thread, but I have to tell all about by recent change of location (to Birmingham UK). For many years I have been a 'lodger', so my opportunities to dress have been pretty limited. Now, thanks to a generous 'working away from home' allowance, I have my own apartment and the bliss referenced in the thread title means that when I get back from work each night I have a choice - either have some grub and go to the local bar, or stay in and dress the way I want to. Suffice to say, I tend to stay in and dress the way I want to. It's brilliant - I can actually wash my own clothes by myself rather than dispose of them (lets face it, I couldn't really put skirts and blouses (and underwear) in with my washing when I had a landlady) and when I get back from work each night, instead of changing into a pair of jeans and a t-shirt, I can change into a skirt and top and pantyhose with no risk of anybody walking in on me.

The title title included the word 'bliss' - that's where I am.

If anybody from OutSkirts is out there, I think I'm ready to finally face the world as Alice - pm me.

KristinSkye
02-17-2009, 08:07 PM
It's nice to have alone time :)

sarahNZ
02-18-2009, 04:14 AM
yes it is always good to have your place with no one telling you what you can and can't do.:)

PaulaSF
02-18-2009, 04:34 AM
Must be a huge delight for you, Alice.

Now, in a few weeks/months time, perhaps those walls be seem too confining, and start venturing out, in the greater world en femme?

Assume in an urban area the size of Birmingham, there must be several t-friendly/specific on certain nights, etc. venues. so that could be what draws you out? Guess I have a soft sport for British trannydom- got my first breast forms, cincher, and gaff, while on holiday, in London, in '89, at Euston Station location of Transformations...

Hope your femme journey, continues in a pleasant, positive direction, nonetheless!

cheers,
Paula

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 09:55 AM
CONGRATULATIONS !

JoAnne Wheeler

Katrina red nails
02-18-2009, 04:15 PM
Bliss sounds like the right word to me.

tricia_uktv
02-18-2009, 06:31 PM
Hi Alice, piccy would be good. When you are ready let me know and I'll take you round Manchester. What you are doing is brilliant though. I know how lovely it is to be oneself.

Hugs

aliceeliot
02-25-2009, 07:03 PM
Hi Alice, piccy would be good. When you are ready let me know and I'll take you round Manchester. What you are doing is brilliant though. I know how lovely it is to be oneself.

Hugs

Will post a pic when I get a new wig - at the moment the one I have is minging

Nicki B
02-25-2009, 07:25 PM
If anybody from OutSkirts is out there, I think I'm ready to finally face the world as Alice - pm me.

I'm a only an occasional Outskirts visitor, these days.. :) But tell Larna and the girls what you're planning, they'll definitely be able to help you?

Have you discovered Allison's guide to Birmingham (www.allison-smith.net), yet?

trannie T
02-25-2009, 07:42 PM
It is amusing to read the trend of the posts here. They started congratulating you on your ability to secretly dress then progressed into getting you to bounce out of the closet. You are going to enjoy your new situation!

CD Susan
02-25-2009, 10:04 PM
You are so right Alice. It is nice to have your own place where you can be alone when you want to be. I am fortunate to be in this situation too.