PDA

View Full Version : Is there anything I've missed on doing before going out the first time?

PrettyFlowingGown
02-18-2009, 10:33 AM
I'm very confident in going out for the first time on feb 28th. I'm lucky to be at a gay/les/tv/cd nightclub on the night, but I want too look my best, and plus, I'm going ALONE. I wont know anyone else on the night. I'm going to be as feminine as I possibly can be. I have contacted management. He said saturdays are drag nights, and its packed.
I asked him "What do CD"s usually wear on the night". I was'nt sure to wear casual, dance wear or formal wear. He said "its about the indevidual". I can dress how I want.
My plan is to take 2 dresses/outfits. One semi formal, and one casual to see how I fit in on the night.
I've got my make-up, moisterizer, eyeliner, nice shoes, nice lace stockings. Is there anything else I'm missing? Is there anything else I need to do for the night? I do need advice on this, cause its my first night out? I've never worn a bra before either, so a bra is what I'm buying next week. I'm practicing my femme walk, and how I sit too. Is there anything else I have missed?

StaceyJane
02-18-2009, 10:39 AM
Don't forget to have fun!!!!! :)

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 10:45 AM
The only other thing that you need to do besides have a good time is -> TAKE YOUR CAMERA AND DOCUMENT YOUR NIGHT SO THAT WE CAN SHARE IT WITH YOU !
Good luck and have a great evening

JoAnne Wheeler

CharleneT
02-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Planning ahead is a very good thing to do !! I would caution you to be careful not to plan too much though. One outfit will be fine! Figure out for yourself whether you want more to "blend in" or "look fabulous". Chances are that the crowd will be more on the casual side of dress, likely just jeans and decent looking tops for the GG's. As others have said, be sure to have fun. Some things will work just as you have planned and others might not. Don't sweat those that don't, relax and enjoy the evening.

If you want to get an idea of the dress style at the club, go there between now and do a little "recon" - in drab. If that is hard/impossible, check out their web site (if...), normally there will be pictures and you can see the crowd that way too.

Sally2005
02-18-2009, 01:20 PM
Thinking about why you want to go to the club might help. If you know you won't blend, then go for expression and extreme look or if you want to blend then just dress as any female would. Then don't worry about it. Leave your second outfit at home. At a place like that, people will read you and not hassle you and when you meet people just ask them if you did a good job... I bet you will get a lot of advice and it will be the most fun if you arn't trying to fool anyone. Nothing wrong with trying to look the best you can though and have fun!

Rachael Ray
02-18-2009, 03:10 PM
Just remember to put the hotel room key in your purse!

Kate Simmons
02-18-2009, 03:34 PM
Sounds like you've done a lot of prep work Hon. My advice? Just be yourself, you'll enjoy it more and it will feel more natural.:)

JeneeDavis
02-18-2009, 04:22 PM
A far as the hotel room key: I would get 2 keys (usually they are the flat credit card type) - and keep one "on your person"(I hide one in my bra) and one in your purse. I keep my ID on me at all times too, NOT in my purse. I have had too many friends tell me they put their purse down and someone stole it...so keep an eye on it! I keep some cash (for a cab) and a room key on me at all times too. Don't put anything in your purse that you would be afraid of losing. An do not put your room number with the key either....for opbvoius reasons.

Ask for a straw in your in your drink (unless its beer or wine) That way your lipstick will not get smudged so easily. Also, do not leave your drink anywhere unattended. I had a friend who got drugged when she left her drink on the bar and went dancing. Lord knows how she managed not to have anything bad happen to her!

But as everyone else says... ENJOY!! Have FUN!! Do not be afraid to talk to people. Relax, and be yourself!

Hugs,
Jen

sterling12
02-18-2009, 05:47 PM
Just a small piece of advise, find yourself a T-Gurl Friend as quick as possible and kind of hang out with her the first night. She will be able to tell you what and whom to avoid, make you feel a lot more comfortable when you BOTH use the rest room, and she can introduce you to others.

DO NOT go out to The Parking Lot ALONE with any guy! Bad things can happen. Otherwise, have fun! About 99% of the people there will be friendly and outgoing and will go out of their way to meet a new Gurl. Just wanted to make sure that you understand to be a bit cautious.

Clothing is your choice, but I wouldn't go for an "Uber-**** Look," right off the bat. Sometimes that sends the wrong message to some of the "admirer's." You probably don't want to deal with that sort of thing on your first night out.

Peace and Love, Joanie

tricia_uktv
02-18-2009, 06:16 PM
Be you, you may wan't to be even more formal from what I am reading. Are you going to dance? watch the size of heels on your shoes. Remember your hips, everything flows from the hips.

But have fun!!! Its what its all about.

Oh one other thing. Remember to smile. That's more important than anything else.

Hope you have a brilliant time and suspect you will.

Go for it girl!

trannie T
02-18-2009, 06:27 PM
You will probably forget something or make a few mistakes, Big Farkling Deal! Just relax and have a good time.

PaulaSF
02-18-2009, 06:42 PM
You'll definitely be standing out, if in a long formal gown. Typcial "club wear" being short skirts/dresses, or dark, nice-fitting jeans, and a cute top, heels/stilettos fine with either- but if packed you may be standing a fair amount, so hope your shoes are tolerable for a few hours (and hobbling/going barefoot, esp. with long train dragging on dirty/sticky club floor- YEEWWWHH).

If you do opt for a short skirt, be vigilant about not sitting with knees agape- keep knees, or ankles, tightly together.

A lot depends on what presentation/persona you're seeking to convey, a long gown might make it seem as it you're apiring to be, or competing with, the drag queens that are peforming. Doubt any other patrons at a drag show will be similarly attired, so be prepared for looks/comments due to that, alone, and don't confuse that with aspertions re. your femme self.

Also, drinks get tipped over, folks bumped into, etc., so if that's an expensive/tough to clean gown, consider that, as well. Watch others stepping on the train, or getting caught in your own heels, too. Tripping, or ripping, isn't pleasant, or pretty!

You look reasonably cute & desirable in your pix, so do mentally prepare yourself for the "months to a flame" attraction to admirers, that a single t-gal out at such clubs can represent. Any "deer in the headlights," or scared/self consciousness in your demeanor will merely serve to inspire the lads to consider you an easy mark, or more gullible.

Once you're in the door, do breathe easy, and try not to be overly stiff, but also stay aware of your surroundings, and avoid drinking too much, as its quite easy to get wrapped up in the fun/thrill of it all, and lose most of your sense of caution & decorum.

The goal should be to have a positive experience, if something doesn't look, or feel "right," follow your intuition.

Basic, general words of advice: don't mistake the attentions & flattery of an admirer as affirming your femininity, or desirability; far too many guys are simply looking for the cheapest, easiest, quickest lay attainable, and know the right buttons to push, esp. with a neophyte, that hasn't heard the same lines, over & over, before. To keep a sense of self about you, if someone's that smitten by you, he should be willing to wait, and take you on a proper date, or he's likely not much of a gentleman.

If you do get smitten, and follow thru with anything, by all means, play safe!!!

No doubt, it'll be a night to remember, and each positive experience out, en femme, makes the next time easier, and begins to build poise and self-confidence.

And don't forget a small mirror/compact for re-touching your lipstick.

dilane
02-18-2009, 06:53 PM
If this is your first time out, you might want to spring for a makeover at a T-friendly place. They can do your makeup (if you're not good at it yet) and nails, adjust your hair, and give you added confidence.

Regardless, remember to have fun.

victoriamwilliams1
02-18-2009, 06:55 PM
First have fun, I would suggest a nice perfume.

Carly D.
02-18-2009, 07:09 PM
Make sure your shoes are good for a nights wearing.. it's one thing to walk in them for a short bit.. but you should wear them like for the amount of time you will be wearing them that night.. and stand in them, not just walk.. it shocked me how much my feet hurt from standing in my shoes let alone walking in them... the manager said the bar is full on "drag" night so be prepared to stand in your shoes..

jillleanne
02-18-2009, 07:21 PM
Don't forget your smile!!!!!!!!!

CharleneT
02-19-2009, 03:23 PM
OH, and do come back and tell us what happened !!!

C

Debie
02-26-2009, 01:32 PM
Have a great time
Let us know about the evening
I am sure you will be on a high

Debie

Nicki B
02-26-2009, 02:38 PM
Is there anything else I have missed?

You will probably forget something or make a few mistakes, Big Farkling Deal! Just relax and have a good time.

If you obssess about it all too much, you'll make it much harder for it to feel right? Just let yourself go with the flow, accept that GGs sometimes forget their makeup, ladder their hose, don't look as they wanted.. It's all a part of life as a woman? :)

I guess I'm saying 'don't aim for total perfection, or you will never be satisfied'? ;)

charlie
02-26-2009, 06:35 PM
Hello Pretty Flowing Gown!
The hardest part will be getting out of the car. When you go in, people will come up to you and talk. Some will come up to you and buy you a drink. Just try not to act scared, have fun, and feel like a young lady in a meat market that is getting hit on! Tranny chasers will be out in force. Go with it! You will not have a place to change so wear your casual outfit and put on your best face. It will be fun and you will feel accepted, pretty and natural by the end of the night. Have fun!

TSchapes
02-26-2009, 06:56 PM
Relax and make sure that whatever you wear you are comfortable. Also, make sure you can go to the bathroom easily. I can't emphasize that enough! And remember, you will be amongst friends.

Love, Tracy

Nicole Erin
02-26-2009, 07:33 PM
All will be fine.
Thing is, you might get flirted with by a couple guys or maybe even a GG.

Don't worry, no one is going to be judging you at a drag club.

There is one thing - make sure and have water-based lube and some condoms ready to go just in case you do get lucky.

PrettyFlowingGown
02-27-2009, 07:14 AM
I'm all ready. I tried my "look" for the night, last night. I've decided not to wear skirts. I'm taking a long dress to wear, which is full length, but its not formal, its more of a loose summer dress, and a denim jacket.
I'm ready as much as I can be, and I'm not nervous one bit. I've shaved a bit of my arms (not totally), I have a gorgous perfumed body lotion which makes me smell nice. I'm learning to walk in my ladies shoes, and I'm walking femme too.

Kayla Shadows
02-27-2009, 09:02 AM
Have fun :) Just be yourself and try to be comfortable.being nervous wasnt that bad to me until it was like,this is it.The hotel door had to be opened and I had to walk out.Sometimes things get forgotten but you just have to make the best of it.All you do is learn from it.

Ive forgotten stuff,needed more time,didnt get things perfect and learned while I was out there with things but it was fun.Things happened quick and the first times I had time to walk in heels was when I was out.They were a chunky heel so I guess it was a little easier then a spike but its still what I did.The first time,we had to rush so I ended up putting on a lighter shade of foundation then I was supposed to.I had just got new makeup and it was only the first couple times that I used it.Then I saw in pictures that I missed under my eyes a little and remembered I didnt powder as good as I should of after.Didnt have time to put my nails on either..but,that was both times.I really wanted them.I guess I was upset at the time that things didnt go perfect but the most important thing was that I was out there and not in my house.

When your out there,just act like there is nothing to it and be confident.Whatever comes up that you didnt plan for,work around it and keep going.Enjoy yourself :) :hugs: