PDA

View Full Version : A UK newbie's view: knowning where to start?

Kaz
02-18-2009, 03:29 PM
Sorry girls, not a newbie CD (though there is a mega-lot I don't know) so much as a newbie to the site. I want to express myself, ask things, then find a thread from a year or two ago that is discussing the very issue! But I then I can't really respond because it is so old.. Kind of feel that I am not sure where to pitch in (but that could be that I've had a hard day and am tired and as Az Azeel says... brain not engaged!).

Apologies if this already exists and I haven't found it, but is there like a fast track for us very enthusiatic but new to the site girls to get up to speed without boring the pants off those who've been there, done it, got the cami-knickers?

Maybe I'm just showing my naievity here... if so please accept my apologies...!! :o

I just had what to me was an eye opener/milestone of a day in many ways, and now feel like I missed the bus by a few years!?

Just read the GG thread, where they expressed their brilliant thoughts on telling or not telling, which is what kicked it off. I was about to burst forth then realised how old it was!!!

There probably isn't a good way to get round this I know..., and maybe it is just to be blazen and start a new thread... but there is so much knowledge and experience here... awesome! And many thanks to everyone for sharing... hope I can soon share something useful too!

So what is the thread about?... how to handle newcomers to the site I guess, once the intros are over... maybe a drink in the Ark Angel!!!:hugs::drink::tongueout

Love Kaz xx

Samantha_2008
02-18-2009, 04:04 PM
Hi, let me as another newbie to the site welcome you, we are after all near neighbors, I am living in the south of County Durham.:hugs:

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 04:07 PM
Welcome to the SISTERHOOD - you need to read as many articles [THREADS] as you can and then read all the responses [POSTS] There is an awful lot of wonderful experienced information here - then you need to respond by adding your two cents worth [A POST]

You should learn a lot and share a lot

JoAnne Wheeler

Kaz
02-18-2009, 05:08 PM
Thanks "sisters"! Been reading the threads for a while and yes it's a brilliant source of help, guidance and overall encouragement... has kind of changed things for me somewhat... trying to get my head round that!:straightface:

trisha59
02-18-2009, 05:11 PM
So what is the thread about?... how to handle newcomers to the site I guess, once the intros are over... maybe a drink in the Ark Angel!!!:hugs::drink::tongueoutLove Kaz xx
Not a bad way to start if you ask me.

Kaz
02-18-2009, 05:15 PM
Thanks Samantha, I'm North Yorks so very much neighbours!:hugs:

Hi, let me as another newbie to the site welcome you, we are after all near neighbors, I am living in the south of County Durham.:hugs: