PDA

View Full Version : Mission accomplished

Katie Boundary
02-18-2009, 04:05 PM
Hi everyone

(I know this is several weeks after the event, but I've only just got back on the internet after moving house.)

Some of you may remember from the 'Bra Advice' thread that I was going to my friends' mediæval fancy dress wedding en femme. I just wanted to let you know how it went:

It was great! :)

We only just made it to the wedding on time (traffic) and had to walk into a hall full of something like 200 people, but I didn't feel self-conscious at all - I just felt so happy to be there in my beautiful dress.

People did ask me after the ceremony what my boobs were made of - I just told them the truth - that they were proper forms (a couple of people just had to squeeze, didn't they?). I'm sure this may have set some thinking "Hmm, now why would he go to all that trouble...?" but I don't mind - Clarissa is part of me and she needs to get out once in a while. At least now people know - or at least suspect.

A lot of my long-standing friends were suprised at my attire (but not critical), but my friend's wife said that as soon as she found out what I was wearing she wasn't at all surprised, heh heh! Very perceptive lass.

The groom's mother also thought I carried the look off naturally. I'm happy with that. :D

Clarissa

JoAnne Wheeler
02-18-2009, 05:43 PM
Great story - now where are the pictures ? We want to share in your experience - show us the pictures and ELABORATE on what all took place

JoAnne Wheeler

Tina B.
02-18-2009, 09:44 PM
Sounds like fun, and the dress is pretty. Glad to hear they all excepted you so well.
Tina

sarahNZ
02-19-2009, 01:19 AM
Great to hear that you had fun, and got positive feedback from so many people that know and care for you.

Katie Boundary
02-21-2009, 06:31 PM
Great story - now where are the pictures ? We want to share in your experience - show us the pictures and ELABORATE on what all took place

JoAnne Wheeler

LOL, I think my profile picture is the only really good one! I don't actually have many pictures of me on the day, as I was reliant on other people taking them and, quite rightly, I wasn't the centre of attention (the bride and groom were).

C

SherriePall
02-21-2009, 06:48 PM
You look lovely in that avatar pic. Glad that everything went ok for you. Thanks for sharing the story.

boardpuppy
02-21-2009, 07:42 PM
I love the avatar pic. I'm so happy you had a great time and everything went well. With so many complements, I'd be suprised if you ever come down off cloub 9.

Alice

beenherelongtime
02-21-2009, 08:22 PM
am i missing something here? this is not the first post i have read about one of us going to a fancy (party/wedding) dressed enfemme. were there other people there dressed enfemme or was the poster the only one. why would someone that wasn'g "out" dress in a gown and go to the event. please enlighten me.

Beth785
02-22-2009, 12:02 AM
She said it was for a mediæval themed wedding. That's why she wore the gown.

BTW, you look fantastic! Can I borrow it?

Ashlyee Paige
02-22-2009, 11:12 AM
Pictures!!!!!!! :)

Teri Jean
02-22-2009, 11:52 AM
Although I love my minis and LBD I dressed in a renaissance skirt and chemise for halloween and pulled it off so well I fooled many of the people I work with everyday. The long flowing dresses and skirts with the petticoats feel so wonderful one wonders why we don't see it more often. You look exquisit and I would like to have a simular dress. The bride and groom must have been surprised. And what is it with people and squeezing your breasts when you are dressed, I mean you wouldn't go up to a woman who had breast surgery and touch her forms.

Huggs Keli

Katie Boundary
03-14-2009, 03:45 AM
Well, the bride and groom and a few others knew I was going to do it, but they were surprised at how good I looked. (Mind you, so was I!). As for squeezing my breasts, well, the mind boggles! The most bizarre was this middle-aged man who did it in front of his wife:straightface:. As for my friends, well, I expect that kind of thing from them...

Clarissa
x

"Mary"
03-14-2009, 07:12 AM
That's great Clarissa. Do you do much Renaissance fair stuff / medieval events?

Where did you get your dress?

Thanks for sharing.

Teri Jean
03-14-2009, 11:52 PM
Diana,
When I bought my dress and assorted items I just googled Renaisance clothing and there is many sites that you can pick and choose. i would like to know which site you went to Katie as the dress you wore is very sweet. Huggs Keli

Katie Boundary
03-19-2009, 05:12 PM
Hi Diana and Keli

No, I've never done any renaissance fair stuff, though I'd love to as that dress needs to see the light of day again! :D

I got it off an Ebay seller called bozzyuk. I think she makes them herself. The design is usually like mine, but the colours and fabrics vary.

Clarissa
x

Ronni Seymour
03-19-2009, 05:24 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Katie. I love your dress. I love browsing online at the various historical clothing sites and all I can say is, I wish I had the money, honey!!
:battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes: