PDA

View Full Version : I need advice on several fronts....

BabsCoopr
02-18-2009, 09:51 PM
I'm 57 years young and hope to meet the REAL Capt. James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise... Okay, back to reality: I am 57 and have been in a wheelchair since, well, forever, because of a Birth Condition. I live with my Mom who is 91 and very spry, and a 7 year old rescued dog who keeps both Mom and me alert and young.

1) Mom knows about my crossdressing, but is in denial. She was raised in an era when dressing as fem was tantamount to admitting one was homosexual, and chooses not to acknowledge my crossdressing. My gut says not to say a thing and not to rock the boat, since nothing I could say would change her opinion.... And no, I'm not homosexual.

2) Because of my disability, I don't drive or travel because I need massive help dressing/going out. When dressed, I feel "whole", like my mind and external presentation "are on the same page."
I have no desire to change my sex in any way, but I do feel more comfortable dressed fem.

If anybody knows of a link to disabled crossdressers, please let me know this, too.

Best, Babs

gennee
02-18-2009, 10:52 PM
Hi, Babs. I googled a couple of websites that may be helpful.

www.transalliancesociety.org
www.lauras-playground.com

I'll keep looking for you.

Gennee

JoAnne Wheeler
02-19-2009, 09:55 AM
Thank you for your post. You are an inspiration. My heart goes out to you.

JoAnne Wheeler

Kathleen Grace
02-19-2009, 11:04 AM
Hi Babs,

I have cerebral palsy, so I understand completely how mobility limitations can effect you in life and in crossdressing. If you want to talk, just PM me. I'll check this thread as well. ;)

:hugs:

Kathleen

BabsCoopr
02-20-2009, 10:01 PM
Thank you for your post. You are an inspiration. My heart goes out to you.

JoAnne Wheeler

The fellow who takes care of our aquariums has accused me of having a "secret laboratory". Been thinking of "building" a SO, but can't find an "Igor" - or an Ee-ore for that matter! I'm no where near as depressed as Pooh's little donkey friend. Got an Acer Aspire One mini-computer and am writing about our k9 friend and everybody positive in my life, and though I sometimes depressed, I've been so blessed in my life that not to celebrate everybody who made me who I am would be to dishonor them. And I'm not focussing on my crossdressing -- that's only a portion of who I am.
Thanks to all who help me figure this out, and to all who are on this board.
May God bless you all to 1,000,000 times overflowing so we can teach others to be positive.
Best, Babs

Nicki B
02-20-2009, 10:36 PM
If anybody knows of a link to disabled crossdressers, please let me know this, too.

Drop Kieron Andrew (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=21070) a pm - he's wheelchair bound, but still gets out plenty?

A friend of mine is paralysed from above the waist down, after a motorcycle accident - she drives herself and gets herself in and out of her car/chair simply with her upper body.. She makes an awfully pretty girl, too? :)

Perhaps you might be able to find a dressing service near you who could help - or even a mobile beauty consultant? You never know, until you ask people.. :)

NancyFL
02-20-2009, 10:58 PM
Hi Babs,
I understand what you are going through, I to am disabled and confined to a wheelchair due to I suffer from a form of Muscular Dystrophy.
I do not dress as often as I would like to, but when I do I feel whole.

Peace
Nancy

Kathleen Grace
02-21-2009, 09:28 AM
There are quite a few disabled girls around here. ;)

BabsCoopr
02-22-2009, 09:31 PM

So I'm finding out! Wonder if we could petition this board to get our own place to post going here to be used by, but not excluding, able-bodied cross-dressers?
Personally, I feel I've learned just as much from able-bodied friends as disabled (I've learned to live and embrace my disability; from my able-bodied friends, I've learned how to live and embrace those aspects that are ME). And if we handle it right, we learn from each other.

Just a thought.

Best, Babs

kathrynjanos
02-22-2009, 10:34 PM
I'm 57 years young and hope to meet the REAL Capt. James T. Kirk of the Starship Enterprise... Okay, back to reality: I am 57 and have been in a wheelchair since, well, forever, because of a Birth Condition. I live with my Mom who is 91 and very spry, and a 7 year old rescued dog who keeps both Mom and me alert and young.

1) Mom knows about my crossdressing, but is in denial. She was raised in an era when dressing as fem was tantamount to admitting one was homosexual, and chooses not to acknowledge my crossdressing. My gut says not to say a thing and not to rock the boat, since nothing I could say would change her opinion.... And no, I'm not homosexual.

2) Because of my disability, I don't drive or travel because I need massive help dressing/going out. When dressed, I feel "whole", like my mind and external presentation "are on the same page."
I have no desire to change my sex in any way, but I do feel more comfortable dressed fem.

Best, Babs

Babs,

First off, I'm sorry that I cannot help you directly with your inquiry about your disabilities and dressing. I wish I could help. :hugs:

More relevant, though, and in response to your more important question, I think instead of Kirk, you'd be better off meeting Captain Pike and some of his friends, the Talosians. They could be of use to you. If you want help with that, blink once for yes or twice for no. :heehee:

Kathleen Grace
02-23-2009, 02:55 AM
Hi Babs,

Well, If we all link up as forum friends we could chat on our profile pages with the visitor message feature. Here, I'll get us started.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/member.php?u=61491

Anyone interested in a "Transgendered folks with disabilities Club." please leave me a message on my profile page. This way we'll find how many people are interested. :) If there's enough interest, we can make a case for our own group on the forum.

I'll post this idea as a thread as well.

Nicki B
02-23-2009, 06:53 PM

In the UK, I also know of two girls with MS (one has fully transitioned), plus three who are registered as blind (all of which makes putting the slap on a lot harder).

Unfortunately they're not on this forum.. :sad:

BabsCoopr
02-24-2009, 09:26 PM
Babs,

First off, I'm sorry that I cannot help you directly with your inquiry about your disabilities and dressing. I wish I could help. :hugs:

More relevant, though, and in response to your more important question, I think instead of Kirk, you'd be better off meeting Captain Pike and some of his friends, the Talosians. They could be of use to you. If you want help with that, blink once for yes or twice for no. :heehee:

I saw "Menagerie [sp?]" numerous times, and although I'm wheelchaired, I've never thought of myself as disabled, or even not being able to walk.
I went to a "regular" Jr. High, High School, and College. In Jr. and Senior High School, I was the only wheelchaired person there - You could say I pioneered mainstreaming (putting disabled among able-bodied kids) I have a BA in Psychology (which only means I'm a complete nut-job and know it... [sigh])
When I was a Teen, my Dad bought a 2-year-old used Cessna 205, later renamed and upgraded to the Cessna 206 or 206P. Dad was a bomber pilot assigned to New Gunea during WW II, and later a flight instructor and taught me to fly!
I am no Captain Pike. If anything, I'm more like Captains Kirk or Janeway! I SHOUT TO THE HEAVENS AND TO MY God A RESOUNDING "NO" TO YOUR REMARK!
I say to you now, may God bless you and open your eyes to The Truth.
Best, Babs

beenherelongtime
02-24-2009, 10:20 PM
sorry about your troubles, i admire you for putting up ( gently ) with your mother and for having a rescue dog. i don't know how you manage, you must have intestinal fortitude as i heard while i was growing up. i hope you find help and also get your forum started.

Tashee
02-25-2009, 03:35 AM
I'm one changed my whole life---My Problem is now I do not even have the stregnth to dress.

when I mentioned me--And my injury that started it all--It just got glossed over---Oh well,

Lisa Golightly
02-25-2009, 03:47 AM
I hope you are allowed to have your own personal space on the site, we all need our 'safe haven'.

Love & Best Wishes

Lisa xxxx

Kathleen Grace
02-25-2009, 04:47 AM
Hi again,

I'm trying to get an idea of how many disabled folks are interested in a forum of our own. Please post here if you're interested in the possibility.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101485

:hugs:

Kathleen

noeleena
02-25-2009, 05:21 AM
hi .....all....... i all so know two in the u k .& two here in new zealand . as to my self i relate to having disabilitys . i dont say much about it as i can get around & do things yet i know what its like one day i may talk with you.s that would be nice to have a place for that .......
...noeleena...