PDA

View Full Version : I Notice Much More

Barb123
02-18-2009, 11:51 PM
Have any of you discovered that women seem a lot prettier, the more you dress up and go out?
I recently received professional help with my makeup and really tried to learn how to do my own. Ever since then, I look at women's eyes and their make up so much more. They just seem prettier to me. I even noticed that I smile more. I really just appreciate the effort and self confidence it takes to be a women.
As a man we are not judged as much for our outer appearance and frankly there is very little I can do day to day to improve. It has been like a new discovery.
Barb

gwen cd
02-19-2009, 02:18 AM
Funny you should mention that........

vivianann
02-19-2009, 02:52 AM
I know what you mean, I notice all the details on womens makeup.

Lisa Golightly
02-19-2009, 03:23 AM
As a man we are not judged as much for our outer appearance and frankly there is very little I can do day to day to improve.

lol... Only by other men :) Oh there's lots a boy can do to improve his looks... They're just more subtle ;)

sarahNZ
02-19-2009, 03:30 AM
lol... Only by other men :) Oh there's lots a boy can do to improve his looks... They're just more subtle ;)

:eek:please do tell... Iss a ugly M***** F******

Satrana
02-19-2009, 03:41 AM
You just now appreciate the artistry involved. If you a painter you will appreciate the techniques of other artists when you visit an art gallery. If you are a layperson, you just see a pretty picture.

Angie G
02-19-2009, 05:38 AM
So true I do look closer now when I look at girls.
Angie

Barb123
02-19-2009, 07:46 AM
As I had lived my life as a male, when I looked at women and finally got to the eyes on a women, i was looking for acceptance or pleasure in them.

Now my first contact is to focus on their eyes and look out from there.
WOW I see so many more beautiful women everywhere, idrive throughs, work, airports, everywhere. These women are much friendlier and there is almost a mutual instant smile.

I also wonder is I could ever look that good to someone else

I sure wish I had learned this years ago. The dating years would have been very different becsuse I would have been differemt.

How about you?.
Barb

tamarav
02-19-2009, 08:31 AM
Every woman has virtues, some are just harder to see than others. Women come in so many shapes and sizes and attitudes that it is like being exposed to a new wonder when we start to enjoy more of there presence.

All of them are beautiful, some simply require more searching than others.

I work on women all day and love to hear their stories and look at their different attributes. Some are wonderous while others cause me to wonder..

BrianaMarie
02-19-2009, 08:36 AM
As a GG, I appreciate this post. It's hard work some days and there are so many pressures from society. It's nice to know that people out there notice and truly appreciate the effort, it makes it all worth while! :D

Kate Simmons
02-19-2009, 08:36 AM
Noticed this a long time ago Hon. Otherwise I wouldn't have wanted to look like one.:)

Want to be Lisa
02-19-2009, 08:44 AM
I have always been an eye person. I notice women's eyes right off the bat. Lately, however, I have been studying the eye makeup more. I want to learn to perfect that part of me.

2b.Lauren
02-19-2009, 08:50 AM
Ever since then, I look at women's eyes and their make up so much more. They just seem prettier to me. I even noticed that I smile more. I really just appreciate the effort and self confidence it takes to be a women.Barb

I was thinking that as well. Monday was a big day off from work for me and I had the house alone. After finally getting all my makeup on and getting dressed, I looked at the clock and said well in only a couple short hours I have to take all this off because I have to go out. It does take time to get all fixed up. I too notice the extra work and attention that women take to make sure they are beautiful. We also need to appreciate that effort and the little things that our ladies do to make sure they look good for us.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-19-2009, 09:38 AM
I don't think there is any question about that - and don't we all now appreciate what GGs go through to get ready to go out - I know I do

JoAnne Wheeler

Katrina red nails
02-19-2009, 03:51 PM
I look at women's clothes in far more detail than i ever did before i came out to the wife. I admire and take notice of their dress and makeup more rather than just looking at her as a nice looking woman

Want to be Lisa
02-19-2009, 05:21 PM
Funny, I just got back to the office and there was a GG here dressed in the most beautiful black and pink number. It was a cute pink top with a black vest over, a beautiful flowing pink flowered skirt and some sexy pink high heeled shoes. I can picture what she was wearing, but can't picture what she looks like.

Funny that as soon as I logged in this was the first thread that I saw.

Barb123
02-20-2009, 01:50 AM
This was my first thread. The reality of noticing women differently, for their beauty as seen first in their eyes was like sunrise of a new day.

I was concerned that no one would respond or think it was too self incrimninating, so I checked every few hours to see what they would say if anything.
I am glad that is over. A bit like going out the first time.

Now, to learn how to add other photos. How does that work.?

Barb

erickka
02-20-2009, 07:55 AM
Yeah, my radar is on too. I seem to sense a really beautiful woman before she is even in my line of sight!

Barb123
02-20-2009, 09:17 AM
Do you also notice what initially looks like a very plain woman, seem, a you look more carefully often have beautiful eyes?

And once they notice you are looking at them with a smile, they usually just beam with appreciation?
It has been fun to make people happy with such a simple look of appreciation.

Barb

jruiz
02-20-2009, 10:34 AM
Well, noticing women is conflicting for me. I'm straight, so sometimes is hard to me to know if I'm admiring their outfit or if I'm giving an eye to the gorgeous lady.

Hanging with friends, they sometime turn heads to very hot looking ladies. I'm normally turned off if their clothes don't combine, or if they have poor styles. My friends (guys) normally wont give a damn about what they are wearing as long as they have a great body.

Karren H
02-20-2009, 11:28 AM
Well you only pay attention to those things you are interested to!! But you still probably miss a lot!! Like what colored she's did you secretary wear today? Or what colors was her necklace? Did her earring match? Did she get her hair cut? And I don't really think that women in general look better because I notice more or crossdress? On the contrary... I tend to find more faults with their clothes or makeup than the regular guy who just sees a hot babe!!

And I totally disagree about men not expected to look good!!... I have always prided myself on looking good in male mode and I've set the bar so high that if I show up somewhere wearing anything the least bit cassual.. People are shocked and amazed!! I get compliments from men and women on what I wear all the time!! So being well dressed, confident and having a good self esteme is independent of which ever gender I portrait!! In my humble opinion. So society may not expect that I have to look good but I expect it and I've imparted those expectations on everyone around me...

Barb123
02-20-2009, 01:28 PM
Karren your comment: "And I totally disagree about men not expected to look good!!... "

To be clear that I did not say "not expected to look good" but was pointing out that men cannot change their appearance as much as women.
From make up, to having genrally more hair to style and accessories to bring attention to their best features, women can have a greater impact on their appearance.

It sure seems there is a bigger differnce between the "best" and "wost" with women. Now maybe we attach too much value on that but there in lies some of the attraction.

I do appreciate your angle on the topic. It added great insight to all the readers.

Barb

xAnne_Mariex
02-20-2009, 01:44 PM
Definitely, I notice their eyes and make up straight away now and admire their outfits probably more than their looks/figure at the moment

Marissa
02-28-2009, 04:47 PM
About 8 years ago, I began looking more closely at what my GF was wearing since she was a big fan of Victoria's Secret (yes all guys are fans too..lol). Soon after and especially after we married, we shopped together so i would be involved in what she selected. Think that is when that part of me that was 'tucked' away (no pun intened..lol) began to surface. So yes i was looking at what would be nice on her, but i could not help thinking what it would feel like on me..

A coworker began bringing her VC ad to work and would chat about bra's (she didn't know about me) so i had to give my views in respects to my wife at the time.

Nowadays (divorced), i'm not as hesitent to let a woman know what is eye catching about her outfit, makeup, or smile..whatever it is that lights her up.

Only concern i have is them not thinking I'm hitting on them or that i'm gay.. confusing times.. :)

You just now appreciate the artistry involved. If you a painter you will appreciate the techniques of other artists when you visit an art gallery. If you are a layperson, you just see a pretty picture.

As a GG, I appreciate this post. It's hard work some days and there are so many pressures from society. It's nice to know that people out there notice and truly appreciate the effort, it makes it all worth while! :D

very nice comparison on the artistry.. yes as i strain to apply makeup, put an outfit together (and i'm at the very beginning stage), i can feel the pains GGs go through..and then to have a MAN not even comment..lol ok j/k. Well i have developed a sense of more respect for those that 'put it all together' each day to complete the painting.

Funny, I just got back to the office and there was a GG here dressed in the most beautiful black and pink number. It was a cute pink top with a black vest over, a beautiful flowing pink flowered skirt and some sexy pink high heeled shoes. I can picture what she was wearing, but can't picture what she looks like.

That is funny, think most of us do that at times. Seeing it on a GG and just wish you had it to wear.. course for some of us, leaving it on the manaqine would have been the better choice :)

Do you also notice what initially looks like a very plain woman, seem, a you look more carefully often have beautiful eyes?

And once they notice you are looking at them with a smile, they usually just beam with appreciation?
It has been fun to make people happy with such a simple look of appreciation.

Barb

When anyone asks me about a woman's looks, I always reply with "I usually can see the beauty of a person..whether its in or out..and hope for both.."

Not saying they HAVE to have both, but i'm saying that whether its at first glance or a moment of study, I begin to see something attractive about a person..and size has nothing to do with it all the time.

But unfortunately sometimes that exterior beauty can offset the interior uglyness..lol

Barb, this is a good thread, thank you for starting it..

Cary
02-28-2009, 06:49 PM
I've always paid attention to the details of women. I've only recently realized it, because of the lack of effort in the details these days. I remember not to long ago most women wouldn't leave the house without makeup in place. Now it seems to be roll out of bed and run.

sophie69
02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
i notice loads about the detail..... make up, nails, what they are wearing.... its on my mind all the time..... i just love girls and the stuff they do and wear! lol x

Kimberly Marie Kelly
02-28-2009, 07:34 PM
Knowing how much work it is to do make-up right and the necessary fashion sense to dress right, I take notice now of other women and how they dress. And I make sure to compliment them as well and they appreciate the compliment immensely. :battingeyelashes:

Yvettegrl
03-01-2009, 04:06 PM
I work as a registered nurse, so most of my coworkers are women. I learned a long time ago that it was important to notice and compliment their appearance whenever possible. I grew up in the '50's and '60's, so some of that could be generational. We were taught to admire and compliment women.

I only recently started experimenting with makeup and the things I notice have changed. Some very positive, some not. Some of the girls who seemed to have perfect skin no longer seem to. I now can see through some of the illusion and it's disappointing.

OTOH, I'm very impressed at some of the makeup I see every day. What I used to think just looked nice now amazes me when I consider the technique and detail. It's the same group of women being considered from an entirely new perspective. It makes me wonder how much time they spend doing their makeup.

Clothing is mostly a non issue... we all wear the same scrubs.

FWIW,

Yvette

Tora
03-01-2009, 10:38 PM
Yvette is right, I look at the amount of time a girl-woman needs to do something special. Guys have had a much lower bar. It seems that alot of the special LOOK for both genders has taken a hit. Coat and tie was the norm for my group for years. A Preist was offended when he felt compelled to request, No scruffy shorts and tubetop for the members of our church.

Yes, looking closer does seem more enjoyable for me and the eye contact with a smile, sets you up for a better reaction.