PDA

View Full Version : Sisterly intuition

sandra-leigh
02-19-2009, 07:27 PM
Biological sister, that is.

I visited my sister at Christmas, not staying at her place but visiting several days. Some of the days I wore my "stealth" tops -- women's tops that were in the "plausibly deniability" range. She complimented me on a couple of them.

Last night, she happened to call me on her my cell phone just as I was getting my boots on to leave a dress store I'd been picking out nice multi-purpose casual dresses at. Naturally I didn't admit that I was shopping for dresses, so when she asked me what I'd been shopping for, I mentioned that I'd picked up a couple of new shirts that I'd had to get the sleeves shortened on. Now it just so happens that they were good-quality mens shirts (the first I've bought in years!), so I could even mention the brand. She wanted a description... well, they have a faint paisley and one is a sort of a sea-foam green, and the other is a faint pink.

"Hah!", said she, "I knew one of them would be pink!"

We kept talking, and for various reasons I had some time to kill, but the nearby mall was closing its stores. But Shopper's Drug Mart was open, so I joked that I could go waste an hour in there -- my niece loves S.D.M. and wouldn't have any problem spending an hour in one. My sister agreed, and said that I could go try on all the samples, and that I could try lipsticks to go along with my new pink shirt, and continued on to say that I should try the eye-shadows so that with my new shirts I could look sort of like a rocker. I didn't say anything about the samples or the lipstick, but I did reply, "Uhh... eye-shadow is hard." To which she agreed, and said that if you don't get the right kind then it smudges really easily and looks bad. What I'd actually meant was that since I'm very short sighted and have poor small muscle coordination, that it is hard for me to draw the eye-shadow in a straight line... but I didn't elaborate. :heehee:

We talked for (a fair bit) longer, about other things and didn't return to those earlier topics.

So... anyone want to give betting odds, that if I had said originally that I was in picking out a dress for myself, that her first question would not have been "Huh?" or "Why the heck would you want to do that?" -- that it would instead have been to ask me to describe the ones I had had my eye on? :D

Kim_Bitzflick
02-19-2009, 09:35 PM
Until you actually talk with her about it, you'll never know. But I suspect she thinks you are CD was fishing to confirm it.

Teri Jean
02-19-2009, 10:59 PM
She knows and now waiting for the confirmation. Way to go sis and your sister too. Keli

Jilmac
02-19-2009, 11:26 PM
You never know, she might turn out to be your best shopping buddy.:thumbsup:

sandra-leigh
02-20-2009, 12:03 AM
You never know, she might turn out to be your best shopping buddy.:thumbsup:

Alas, she's around 1000 miles away. :thumbsdn:

I'm not worried about her finding out or figuring it out: she has dealt with intersex in her studies, and has spent at least one evening having an interesting talk with a FTM she encountered at her workplace (she's a social worker). I don't think she object to my crossdressing -- e.g., it is my belief that she'd be fine to have me go over for an evening with me all dressed up.

I just haven't told her yet, as she is going through some hard personal times and I don't want to add to her worries.

gwen cd
02-20-2009, 02:11 AM
Out with it...
You'r busted..

JoAnne Wheeler
02-20-2009, 08:20 AM
I think she knows

JoAnne Wheeler

sarahNZ
02-20-2009, 02:33 PM
Until you actually talk with her about it, you'll never know. But I suspect she thinks you are CD was fishing to confirm it.

:iagree:

StevieTV
02-20-2009, 04:23 PM
You are soo busted! She knows and now waits for you to make the next move. Just tell her and you'll be amazed on how you'll feel once you share.

Alicia_lynn419
02-20-2009, 05:30 PM
My youngest sister knows about Allie and is very cool about it... she has "borrowed" a purse of mine (had to steal it back after a while) and has even gone out with me as Allie. Sometimes having a sibling that knows is as important as friends who know...