PDA

View Full Version : In public view?

Rachaelgirl39
02-19-2009, 08:01 PM
OKay everyone here is my question how do you feel about kissing and holding hands with your SO in public dressed. I am pretty much fulltime and sometimes I feel akward, my girlfriend doenst mind and even gets mad at me when I kinda hesitate. I dont feel that way when I used to date men. I do love her very much and never thought I would find someone like her, and she doesnt care that we are seen as lesbians, so why does it bother me?

Tizabet
02-20-2009, 01:52 AM
Are you sure it does bother you? I get that, too, but I think it's more that I'm worried how she'll feel, or that I'm more worried about her image than she is. I know she never seems to mind. But I also suspect she doesn't really want to be thought of as a lesbian. It's like I'm only bothered on her behalf. Is it that sort of thing, maybe?

Jessinthesprings
02-20-2009, 03:56 PM
OKay everyone here is my question how do you feel about kissing and holding hands with your SO in public dressed. I am pretty much fulltime and sometimes I feel akward, my girlfriend doenst mind and even gets mad at me when I kinda hesitate. I dont feel that way when I used to date men. I do love her very much and never thought I would find someone like her, and she doesnt care that we are seen as lesbians, so why does it bother me?

I have the same reservations. Perhaps we are trying so hard to avoid drawing unessicary attention to ourselves that walking around with public displays of affection as lesbians would attract. No one gives a male/female relationship a second look. However, we should bear in mind that even straight girls will hold hands and hug their girlfriends in public.

Sarah...
02-20-2009, 04:40 PM
We seem to hold hands, hug, kiss etc in public automatically. I don't know - we love each other and have been together 19 years so it doesn't seem to much of an issue. In terms of our situation - well, Becky prefers me as I am (female) to the poor version of me she used to have (male). So I guess that helps.

Sarah...

Shikyo
02-22-2009, 08:57 AM
Since we first had started dating(can't really call it that as we've still never been on one yet) people have looked strange at us. It took us years to actually find out what was going on. Until one day, I started dressing and I also went outside like that - we got way less looks than before. The conclusion was that people already thought we'd be a lesbian couple before...

Despite this, she's still little hesitant about kissing etc. seen us a same sex couple outside, when we are inside talking about it. But when we are actually outside she has complained about me not holding her hand etc. I'm not quite sure how she sees this matter yet, but on my way to find it out.

Rachaelgirl39
02-23-2009, 03:49 AM
I think ur right maybe it is because I dont want to attrract attention to myself as be found out that I am transexual. Although I need to come out as more and more in guy mode I am mistaken for a girl or people see me as a butch lesbian when I am in guy mode. Thank you all for posting.