PDA

View Full Version : Ankle length dresses and skirts

Jilmac
02-19-2009, 11:18 PM
Here is a question for the GGs because they probably have had more experience with the situation. When wearing an ankle length skirt or dress and using the ladies room, how do you raise the hem and hold it above the waist, undo your lower packaging, do your business, and redo your packaging?

There doesn't seem to be an easy way to do it unless you have three hands. Thank goodness I have never had to use the facility while out and about in a long skirt. any tips or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

XxKatyxX
02-19-2009, 11:28 PM
I'm not a GG but have you tried pulling your skirt down instead of up? Seems easier that way ;)

Ralph
02-20-2009, 02:55 AM
I'm not a GG but have you tried pulling your skirt down instead of up?

And let it drag on the dirty floor? I suppose that's OK at home, but considering what's on the floor of public restrooms I'd rather eat rusty nails than let anything other than the soles of my shoes touch that floor.

Don't know what GGs do but at home I just bunch everything up around my waist and hold it in place with an elbow while I maneuver Little Ralphie into position to do the job. I should clarify that my dresses and skirts are all ankle length, so I deal with this every day.

I'm also so used to sitting down all the time at home, it takes me a minute to remember what to do at a standup urinal in public restrooms (in guy clothes, of course).

ralph

Senban
02-20-2009, 05:07 AM
Well I'm not a GG but here's some thoughts that might help.

I remember wondering this same thing a few years back. I asked my then-girlfriend to demonstrate (though without doing the actual act ewwwww! :eek: ) as I wear a lot of longer skirts myself and wanted to do it right so to speak.

Anyway, here's what I do. Stand facing away from the toilet. Reach down and under the skirt to pull down your panties to your knees (some say ankles, I say whatever works better for you). Then pull the skirt up at the sides and drape it over your left arm (I'm assuming you're right handed there). Sit down and do whatever it is you need to do. The skirt is held away from the floor and the toilet itself this way. Having wiped etc, stand up and making sure you're clear of the toilet, allow the skirt to fall back down into place (and not into or onto the toilet of course). Then reach down and replace your panties underneath your skirt. Wash hands then away you go :D

Always try and remember the key word is "modesty". Dropping everything round your ankles is a very male thing.

OMG did I just really give instructions on how to go to the toilet on an internet forum? :eek:

Keely
02-20-2009, 06:08 AM
OMG did I just really give instructions on how to go to the toilet on an internet forum? :eek:

And you did a pretty good job too!

bethw
02-20-2009, 07:45 AM
Sounds perfect to me Senban. Thanks.
Beth

JoAnne Wheeler
02-20-2009, 08:09 AM
I have learned to understand WHY it takes GGs so long to go to the restroom - it is a MAJOR undertaking to get to the point where you can tinkle and then you have to try to reconstruct your outfit - maybe a better solution would be not to drink much fluid and eat a lot of salty food.

JoAnne Wheeler

"If you sprinkle, when you tinkle, be a sweety, and lift the seaty."

Gisele
02-20-2009, 10:00 AM
I lift my skirts if they are ankle length. My skirts are not touching the plublic restroom floor..............:puke:

charlie
02-20-2009, 03:22 PM
Good Job Senban! Holding the cloth in the left arm is a good key, not just the elbows that often drop it. I keep telling the new forum people what good stuff they will learn here, hope they are paying attention!

Jilmac
02-20-2009, 08:15 PM
Thanks for all the replys girlfriends, I have tried several of the suggested methods (except letting my skirt drag on the floor eeeww!), and most work fine if I'm only wearing panties. However some CDs such as myself wear other garments such as pantyhose, girdles, body briefers, and I'm supposing that GGs wear those same undergarments from time to time. The advantage GGs have over us is that they don't have to redo their tuck.

I think it might be easier to achieve with a skirt than a dress, and then the inner layers including a slip. Anyway thanks again but I'd still like to get a GG's point of view, perhaps they could shed some light on the restroom ritual.

By the way: I'm left handed so I would have to use mt right elbow.

TxKimberly
02-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Senban just described the method I use, I'd lay odds that I were long skirts more often than most GG's. LOL

TommiTN
02-20-2009, 09:20 PM
"However some CDs such as myself wear other garments such as pantyhose, girdles, body briefers, and I'm supposing that GGs wear those same undergarments from time to time. The advantage GGs have over us is that they don't have to redo their tuck."

I have seen body briefers with a snap crotch. Should make the whole process a lot simpler.

Paulette
02-20-2009, 09:43 PM
Once you have everything up and away all of the other under things can be dealt with. I have not had a problem except you have to remember to make sure everything that went up in now down.

Ralph
02-21-2009, 11:41 AM
However some CDs such as myself wear other garments such as pantyhose, girdles, body briefers, and I'm supposing that GGs wear those same undergarments from time to time.

When I'm underdressed out in public with a leotard and I get a call of nature, addressing that call is a major project - shirt/sweater off and hopefully find a hook on the door to hang them on, pants, leo, and tights down (in that order), take care of business, then pull everything back up again. As others have noted, a snap crotch can make all the difference in the world.

Even at home, a leotard under my dress makes a bathroom stop a long term affair, but at least I don't have to worry so much about privacy. I won't even go into the time I developed a major case of the trots and it took forever to get all those layers off...

TMI ralph

abundantly_me
02-22-2009, 07:26 PM
ok here's a thought from a gg, lately I don't find myself wearing skirts or dresses like I used to, but basically when I did just bring your skirt high enough up on you (over your breasts) and you can either hold it under your chin, if you need two hands to lower your body shaper garment or related type of under garments this will free them. I have tried sort of tucking it under the arm pits but depending on how long, or full the skirt is just using your chin should work. Otherwise using the opposite hand to hold your garment up is used most frequently if your hose and panties slip down easily.

Rachel Morley
02-22-2009, 07:48 PM
Lately I have been going to a few CDing events where I'm wearing a full length, full skirted ballgown with all the petticoats underneath too and I use Senban's method. I scoop all of the skirt and petticoats up and pull it/them behind me and over left arm and then use my free right hand to do what I need to do.

Persephone
02-23-2009, 12:26 AM
I have learned to understand WHY it takes GGs so long to go to the restroom - it is a MAJOR undertaking to get to the point where you can tinkle and then you have to try to reconstruct your outfit - maybe a better solution would be not to drink much fluid and eat a lot of salty food. JoAnne Wheeler

I think JoAnne's version is one that is quite common. Women who are wearing HWLLPG's (high waisted long-leg panty girdles) and any other items that result in complicated restroom scenarios avoid drinking too much and just plain avoid going to the potty.

It is way too complex, especially if you have long manicured nails, to deal with a girdle that goes up under a belted waist, etc. so you just "hold it in" unless you get to the point where you seriously can't.

It isn't just the time it takes to take everything apart, what is more important to most women is that in the confines of a public restroom you just cannot get it all back in place, ending up with wrinkles, buldges, and the like. Better to not go at all than to risk your appearance.

Normally, say if out on a date, a girdled girl/woman with complex lingerie will not use the potty from the time she leaves home until she returns. She may go to the Ladies' Room to talk with her friends, check her hair and makeup, and so on, and not use the actual facilities.

I once did a survey, back in the 70's, and found that most men would go to the potty when they reached the peak of their first urge, seldom delaying past that point, whereas most women (particularly in the days of complicated lingerie) would almost always wait until at least the second peak, and often until the third.

Some women have told me that it is simply "mind over matter."

So, if you are going to wear a HWLLPG under a long skirt, plan ahead, don't drink too much, and just keep your knees together.

Senban
02-23-2009, 06:35 AM
Rachel Morley said - "I use Senban's method"

Oh god, I always wanted to be famous but now I'm going to be famous as an efficient method of using the toilet! :eek:

:battingeyelashes: "I need to pop to the toilet dear, won't be long"
:heehee: "Oh, major undertaking given that long skirt and everything!"
:battingeyelashes: "Not in the least dear, I'll use the Senban Method"

:doh:

Seriously, I'll end up on Oprah or something! :o

Ralph
02-23-2009, 04:17 PM
Oh god, I always wanted to be famous but now I'm going to be famous as an efficient method of using the toilet!

Well, it IS a good method. I'd question the choice of bringing your underwear just down to your knees, though. You just can't open your legs enough that way, and when you have a, uh, major delivery of toxic waste you don't want those thighs pressed close together.

Hey, if I really wanted to make this thread disgusting I'd tie it in with the other thread about long nails...

ralph

Senban
02-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Good point! That's sort of what I was hinting at in my description but trying to be ladylike and omitting the details ;)

A lot of this stuff really does just come down to working things out from experience and talking to others. I mean, GGs don't get issued with some kind of manual of how to do these things (so they say; I reckon they do and just enjoy watching us struggle :p )

It's the same for sitting in a long skirt or anything similar. I mean literally as I type I'm wearing a long brown corduroy skirt that comes down to the middle of my calves. It's not my longest skirt; that goes down to my ankles. But practice helped me understand that you don't just sit down because that leaves bunches of material under you which is uncomfortable and causes creases. So by watching GGs and by experimenting, I worked out how to add that sweep as I sit down so that the skirt lies well and provides modesty etc. I also get the legs-crossed-at-the-knees thing just right so the whole image looks right. I've watched a few sisters in real life and they lurch around like men who aren't familiar with the clothes they're wearing and it sticks out a mile. But then I'd also say that a lot of GGs couldn't walk in heels to save their life and I've given a few on-the-spot lessons before now ;) It all comes down to familiarity with the particular clothing, don't you think? Practice, practice and practice some more :)

Alessandra
02-23-2009, 04:42 PM
i cant really help u on this matter since all my skirts and dresses are around the knee and up i prefer that because it feels a lot more feminine

PretzelGirl
02-24-2009, 10:18 PM
Rachel Morley said - "I use Senban's method"

Oh god, I always wanted to be famous but now I'm going to be famous as an efficient method of using the toilet! :eek:

:battingeyelashes: "I need to pop to the toilet dear, won't be long"
:heehee: "Oh, major undertaking given that long skirt and everything!"
:battingeyelashes: "Not in the least dear, I'll use the Senban Method"

:doh:

Seriously, I'll end up on Oprah or something! :o

Well, Google at least. If you Google "Senban's Method" you can now learn how to use to toi-tee. :GD:

Senban
02-25-2009, 04:11 AM
Son of a ....

The Senban Method can indeed be found with Google now :doh:

Maybe I should write a book? I could buy even more knee high boots with the proceeds! :daydreaming:

noeleena
02-25-2009, 06:07 AM
hi... as a point of interest. think about us girls who wear edwarding clothes 1900 to 1910 time frame .... he he.. like as has been said is right on . except on detail we have steel rings about the botom of our dresses .... plus trails as well ... so its right .... no drinking .... oh did you say food . oh yes very dainty at the very lest... boned corsets ..... hmmm ....oh well youll learn very fast ........
...noeleena...

Persephone
02-25-2009, 01:10 PM
hi... as a point of interest. think about us girls who wear edwarding clothes 1900 to 1910 time frame .... he he.. like as has been said is right on . except on detail we have steel rings about the botom of our dresses .... plus trails as well ... so its right .... no drinking .... oh did you say food . oh yes very dainty at the very lest... boned corsets ..... hmmm ....oh well youll learn very fast ........
...noeleena...

Sounds like fun! I was always more of a Victorian myself.

For over a decade Marcia Sampson (RIP) and I ran the annual Lacing Table in San Francisco, a gathering centered on corsets, tight lacing, and fashion.

Being tightly laced and fashionably dressed is an amazing (and delightful!) experience!

Are you a full-time Edwardian?

Sarah_GG
02-25-2009, 01:33 PM
Gather it all in front and tuck it under your left arm whilst hovering two inches above the seat. This leaves the right arm free for whateer it's needed for. If you need two hands and the skirt is long enough you can tuck it under your chin.

What was the question again?!