PDA

View Full Version : Are There Mountains Left To Climb?

Persephone
02-20-2009, 03:35 AM
It looks like a lot of our sisters here have been heading out lately. Congratulations!

And some of us are getting manicures and pedicures and spa treatments, attending Bridal Showers, serving as Bridesmaids, working en femme, clubbing, working out in "all women" excercise centers, and on and on and on.

So I began to wonder, while I realize that each individual woman here has her own achievements and challenges, as a group, are there still things we haven't done? Are there still hills to be climbed, mountains to be summited, awards to be won?

JoAnne Wheeler
02-20-2009, 08:17 AM
Well yes - NOT ALL of us have had the opportunity to experience those activities that you have mentioned

JoAnne Wheeler

battybattybats
02-20-2009, 09:19 AM
There's a USA Mayor. New Zealand and Italy have had TS Members of Parliament but I don't know if any out CDs have been.

So there's plenty of levels of elected offical up for grabs (wanna be the worlds first out CD President or Prime Minister?) and what about the first out CD business tycoon or billionare?

We've also had the first CD Mafia Boss arrested lately so organised crime is taken.. and if a CD can manage not just to survive in the violent world of organised crime but to actually hold a high rank then surely the rest of us can do so in ordinary careeers!

So who is going to be the first out CD Astronaut? Fighter Pilot? Poet Laureate? Pulitzer Prise Winner? Nobel Prise Winner? U.N. Secretary General?

There's already been TS priests but i'm not sure about CD ones. What about Mega-church Pastor? Televangelist?

Pic a field and the chances are there has not been an out CD to reach high let alone the highest levels in it!

So there really is heaps of opportunity for us to make our mark, to get our names into the history books, to make a change for the lives of others.

We are fooling ourselves if we say these things are not achievable. An out CD mob boss! Elected TS officials in Italy and New Zealand! Gay senators and more in the USA! And in Iceland the countries Head of State is a lesbian! So even the highest office in a country is achievable to us too!

So then there are opportunities yet for CDs in almost every field hobby and career to make our mark!

Kate Simmons
02-20-2009, 09:41 AM
Anything is achievable, we just have to figure out what we want as both an individual and community. I get mixed signals from the folks on this site. The issues go from one extreme to the other it seems. From clinging to the closet door to blatently declaring we are TG, TS, CD or whatever and want "equal rights." The thing is we all have equal rights in principle already but many of us fail to utilize them. The focus should be on who we are as a person not WHAT we are. That may work out in theory but not in the real world and there is no free ride. Only we ourselves can prove to others who we are, no herd of cows, gaggle of geese or army of activists can do it for us.:)

StephanieT
02-20-2009, 09:47 AM
When you quit having mountains to climb, you are satisfied with your status quo. As we summit the crest of each hill there will be a new mountain you will see presenting new challenges. You can either sit at the top of the mountain you just conquored and look at the next one or you can go to the next mountain to see if you can get to the top and see what is on the other side.

MJ
02-20-2009, 09:53 AM
if your talking on a personal level then yes there are many hills to climbed, mountains to summited, and awards to be won?. and there will be until the day we leave this earth. so much to do so little time :hugs:

cq,cq,cd

Karren H
02-20-2009, 10:47 AM
Well some college student was just elected homecoming queen!!

Personally, I'm happy with just doing more of the same.. Nothing bigger.. Though I have been up on Solder Pass in February in a leather skirt at 20 below!! Mountain climbing in a skirt is tough!! Lol.

AKAMichelle
02-20-2009, 11:34 AM
There is only one mountain that I am wanting to hike. Pikes Peak in July en femme. The mountain is a little over 14,000 feet and even in July it will be cold at the top. That will be about a 7000 foot climb in elevation and the trail is 26 miles long.

I am currently working up my stamina to climb the mountain in the first place. It won't be easy either way (drab or en femme), but it is something that I want to do.

Beth785
02-20-2009, 12:20 PM
There is only one mountain that I am wanting to hike. Pikes Peak in July en femme. The mountain is a little over 14,000 feet and even in July it will be cold at the top. That will be about a 7000 foot climb in elevation and the trail is 26 miles long.

I am currently working up my stamina to climb the mountain in the first place. It won't be easy either way (drab or en femme), but it is something that I want to do.

I think that the OP was referring to literal mountains, not actual mountains! Do they make hiking boots with 4" stiletto heels? Just kidding. I wish you luck in your journey! I know I couldn't do it.

Lora Olivia
02-20-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh yes I think there are plenty of mountains left to climb, I think there always will be, at least in my lifetime.

Being a lowlander it was quite amazing to leave Co. Springs at a balmy 83*F. and find 28* F and snowing at the summit. Also amazing to find the half full plastic bottle of oil under the hood had swelled to a large grapefruit size, due to the pressure drop. Now this makes me wonder about the effect this has on breasts and forms:heehee:

Sarah Doepner
02-20-2009, 01:22 PM
The achievments of individuals as CDs are worth celebrating. However in Utah we can be evicted or be fired just because we are known to be any one in the GLBT community. There are places where we can wander around without trouble, but they are still limited for most of us. I'm afraid that the kind of criticism I would receive in most places wouldn't be fashion advice, but directed at my character. I think we have a long way to go still.

renee k
02-20-2009, 04:55 PM
For me there will always be mountains to climb and challenges to be met. To bring out the person who I am. I've come along way and realize there's more things to be done. One of my GG friends, who has helped me become Renee. Gave me a compliment awhile ago. Saying, she "admired me for how much effort I put into developing my image, and was happy she could help." I'm very grateful for her help, and hope she sees the end result as I do.That being, very proud of the fruits of our labor. In everything I do and have done in my life. I always look back at where it all started, and where I'm at today, and count my blessings.

Huggs, Renee

AKAMichelle
02-21-2009, 02:01 AM
Also amazing to find the half full plastic bottle of oil under the hood had swelled to a large grapefruit size, due to the pressure drop. Now this makes me wonder about the effect this has on breasts and forms:heehee:

When I make the climb, then I can find out the effect. :D It might improve my womanly shape if the same swelling occurred in the hips as well.

Hiking to the top of Pikes Peak has been a desire of mine for almost 3 years now. Eventually I will make the hike even if I have to hike it in drab.

Kristen Marie
02-21-2009, 07:17 AM
But climbing mountains also has its time for rest as well. Push to a new height...think you've reached the top, only to find out there's another peak you did not know about....sit.....rest...and start off again.