PDA

View Full Version : Overly Emotional

Paula Siemen
02-20-2009, 09:05 AM
I've noticed over the past few years (actually about four) that I have become overly emotional when in guy mode. This comes out in several ways:
I get tearry in sad scenes of movies or tv shows (even at happy times).
I can hardly sing through a favorite hymn in church without getting choked up.
When I feel hurt by others I get choked up and almost tearry with wavering and softening voice.
I actually broke down in tears in a manager's office a year ago when I felt overwhelmed and non-supported be my employeer in my office/work.
I get very suspicious of other employees, who I feel are out out to belittle my work efforts and abilities.

Let but some background to this. To my knowledge no one in my office is aware of my CD'ing. Nothing has ever been said straight out or in innuindo associationg me as a CD'er. I am not taking hormones or herbals for feminization (although I did do some herbals about nine years ago for about six months). I do go out fully dressed regularly, but have never seen anyone whom I know so have not knowingly been seen by other who know me. I have been told by above mentioned manager that my professional skills are highly regarded by the owner of the firm for which I work.

I am totally baffeled by my emotions and feel that I am indirectly outting myself at work by becoming a complete sissy/pussey about everything??? In most other situations my emotions are not too much of an issue because I'm not that concerned about others opinion (except at church...I do like to sing the hymns).

Has anyone else had similar experiences??? Do I need to see a counselor??

StaceyJane
02-20-2009, 09:16 AM
Paula, I can totally relate. I cry at movies and I can get emotional over little things. I have never taken any hormones or herbals. I'm mostly in guy mode although I almost always have something female on somewhere. I think it just the girl brain that I've been bleesed with.

Kate Simmons
02-20-2009, 09:21 AM
Truly getting in touch with the feelings is part and parcel of the whole experience my friend.:)

Denise01
02-20-2009, 09:32 AM
I can totally relate to what you are saying too Paula.

At times for no real reason, i will get weepy, and i will also breakdown if i am watching a programme that has some sad scenes in it.

Guess just our femme side coming out more and more

Denise
:):):)

StephanieT
02-20-2009, 09:40 AM
As a guy, we are taught that showing of emotions is not manly. This is beat into us from an early age. How many times have you heard, men don't cry or suck it up and be a man. It is becoming more acceptable for men to show feelings but many of us feel we are being overly emotional. We are not. We are just outwardly showing emotions that any human being feels. It just does not feel right since it has not been acceptable for a man to show emotions.:2c:

jruiz
02-20-2009, 09:59 AM
I feel identified with what you just described.

I'm less emotional lately, specially in professional situations. But I guess it's the girl inside me...

Hali
02-20-2009, 10:44 AM
As a guy, we are taught that showing of emotions is not manly. This is beat into us from an early age. How many times have you heard, men don't cry or suck it up and be a man. It is becoming more acceptable for men to show feelings but many of us feel we are being overly emotional. We are not. We are just outwardly showing emotions that any human being feels. It just does not feel right since it has not been acceptable for a man to show emotions.:2c:

We are not all the same, i mean in the whole world pple are different.........there are "Hard" women they hardly cry, they hardly show any emotions, so there should be "soft" men who show emotions alot and should be allowed to cry but the society for wat eva reason want men not to cry thinking that all men should go to war or something.

The same set of pple stereotype women to be "soft" or overly caring etc. If a woman is not caring or emotional they worry may be cos they dont have much to worry about or cos they dont have exposure i cant say.

The world still has some residual behaviour from the early days of survival of the fittest or from our evolutionary struggles.

Men can cry, men can show emotions so that they can practice empathy, it goes without saying that because men are nt allowed to show emotion at the early stage of their development they tend to become handycap on handling emotional issues hence denying them the ability to practice empathy there by making it hard for men to be sensitive hence overlooking other pples feelings hence the world wars etc etc, thats my take on the matter.

Karren H
02-20-2009, 11:03 AM
I choke up bad watching the reveal on Extreme Home Makeover!! Always have!!! Tissue please!!

Kathleen Grace
02-20-2009, 11:09 AM
I shed tears when happy or sad as a guy. Always have, always will. I think its normal for both sexes.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-20-2009, 03:09 PM
I only seem to get really emotionally distraught and teary eyed is when I try

to talk to my Spouse about why I have this NEED to dress up.

JoAnne Wheeler

Hali
02-20-2009, 04:57 PM
I only seem to get really emotionally distraught and teary eyed is when I try

to talk to my Spouse about why I have this NEED to dress up.

JoAnne Wheeler

Ohh its so touching, wow!

Jilmac
02-20-2009, 08:58 PM
You're not alone Paula,I've had a sensative side all my life. Sometimes I bawl over reading an obituary for a complete stranger. Like you I've gotten choked up in church singing hymns, but also during the community prayer offering where we would ask for the church community to pray for people or things dear to us, and yes I've even gotten choked up on my job as a rough tough carpenter.

sarahNZ
02-21-2009, 06:58 AM
I have broken down in tears in the office with my old boss, He had never seen this side of me and I think it somewhat surprised him that I am actually human, not the machine that he had seen for the past 4 years on the workfloor of the sawmill. Never had anyone there seen the fem side of me.

But I suppose with stress etc we all have a breaking point.

Paula Siemen
02-21-2009, 10:16 AM
Thank you my dear sisters. I truely appreciate your responses and support. Also to know that many of you share my same emotional issues.

I LOVE you ALL
Paula

Lora Olivia
02-21-2009, 11:53 AM
I have always been more emotional than I considered most men to be. Now that I have come to terms with my gender dysphoria I consider it to be further evidence of my womaness.

2b.Lauren
02-21-2009, 12:12 PM
I also tend to be an extremely emotional person. I get it honest, from my mother. She is they type of person that will cry very easy, so it just always seemed to feel normal for me.

Rachel Morley
02-21-2009, 12:38 PM
Hi Paula,

How interesting! ... what you wrote (almost) describes me exactly! I don't know what it is about me but I too am very sensitive and weepy in guy mode also. I have done almost all the things you mention.

I often get all weepy at sad scenes in movies, I can feel hurt by others (quite easily) and I also get choked up with a wavering and softening voice. I didn't actually break down in tears in my (female) manager's office but my eyes were watering really bad and my voice was shaking when I heard that she was leaving the company. I also am not taking hormones or herbals for feminization and like you I am also totally baffled why I am so emotional. I have no problem with being a sissy but I just wish I was able to control it more.

I don't think we need to see a counselor but I too would like to know why I am like this. I've always been like it to some degree in the past (when I was in the closet) but the more I've embraced my feminine side (and more importantly) let myself be me and not repress my gender expression, the more this emotional vulnerability seems to come out in me. I think it's because I don't put up walls and barriers up in my head anymore when it comes to my emotions. As others have shared, there are many of us like this, but why does it seem to happen at the most inappropriate times and in front of others?

Teri Jean
02-21-2009, 01:16 PM
I have always been emotional with movies and experiances. For a time I though it was because of my femme side but then realized it is just who I am. Oh well, pass the tissues. Huggs Keli

BekiJ
02-21-2009, 01:43 PM
I’m with Karren H on Extreme Home Makeover. Simple things like that. Real tragedies, not so much so.

I have noticed that I have been more susceptible the last 10 years or so. Happy or sad, get a bit choked up.

Hugs
BekiJ

Susan Dee
02-21-2009, 05:48 PM
Hi Paula

I can relate too, and can be tearful at the sad bits of movies, with real acts of kindness, and at church too (there's one worship song that really gets me).

Like others as I grew up I was taught that boys don't cry, certainly don't show emotion, and a sensitive nature is not the right thing.

I have always been emotional with movies and experiances. For a time I though it was because of my femme side but then realized it is just who I am.

One big thing - I am much more openly emotional since I came out to my SO. Has anyone else been the same? Is it because of who I am, like Keli says, or is it because I am accepting who I am and don't feel that I need to hide that side of me any more?

Susan