PDA

View Full Version : Second life

Lisa X
02-20-2009, 07:10 PM
This is not about the website that people live a virtual second life but I would like to find out if anyone has lived a second life as a cross dresser?

Here is my situation. I have been cross dressing for over 20 years and I am comfortable going out and doing things, such as shopping, running errands, going to the movies etc. All of my excursions are short and seem like just a sampling of life as Lisa. I would like to spend more time as Lisa and allow Lisa to grow and experience life.

However, I enjoy being a male and do not want to give up that part of my life with my career, wife, family, friends and hobbies.

So how do I create a second life as Lisa? Some ideas are going on extended vacation as Lisa, attending classes, working on short jobs or projects etc. If any of you have done something like this, I would love to hear your story.

Take care,
Lisa

Karren H
02-20-2009, 07:44 PM
I already have a real second life... lol Get a job where you travel some is the best way....

dilane
02-20-2009, 08:11 PM
Hi Lisa,

I have gradually over the years developed a second life. That is, I have a wide circle of friends and acquaintances who know only my femme side. As I became more comfortable going out and about and interacting with people, eventually I would go to straight venues -- after being dragged kicking and screaming by bolder friends.

T's spend an inordinate amount of time focusing on the visual, but the biggest hurdle, is speaking, moving, and just "vibing" as a woman. Once you get to the point where you can effortlessly channel the inner woman, the world is your oyster, at least in a tolerant big city like L.A. I've taken dance lessons, clubbed about, and even served on a jury in my favorite mode.

I have posted a couple of diary entries in our "out and about" section, they're fairly detailed an self-obsessed :).

I see you're in Southern Cal, too. Message me on my profile if you'd like to talk more or meet up.

-- Diane

Lisa X
02-21-2009, 10:32 PM
I thought about going to my jurry duty cross dressed, but chickened out. I am sure that was an interesting experience.

Take care,
Lisa

tricia_uktv
02-22-2009, 04:23 AM
Yes, I have a second life. From Monday morning to Friday evening I work as Iain and am a Father. At weekends though Tricia comes out to play. I d it away from home (so as not to affect the children) and have a whole new set of friends. I share a flat with nother t-girl which keeps the costs down.

Sheila
02-22-2009, 06:27 AM
are you "out" to your wife and if so does she accept, or is it a know but don't want to see relationship ?

StaceyJane
02-22-2009, 09:30 AM
I feel like I have a second life because I'm not out to my wife and we work different schedules so I can be Stacey during the day.

Angie G
02-22-2009, 09:42 AM
I'm hot sure what you can do. But I wish you luck hun.:hugs:
Angie

Robertacd
02-22-2009, 01:51 PM
I have been playing Second Life off and on for years. I don't play it as a "crossdresser" I play it as a female character.

Where goes everyone hang out? Does anyone own any property?

I have met so many people but only to lose track of them as I or they take a break.

I occasionally hang at the Transgendered Resource Center, lots of nice people but the discussions are mostly serous and rarely fun.

Teri Jean
02-22-2009, 10:29 PM
As my wife use to say I reinvent myself over and over. This maybe why it took me so long to realize I love my femme side so much. Living more than one life at the same time is where we all are to some degree. Having fun. Keli

Nicole Erin
02-22-2009, 11:22 PM
yeah just having a social life as your femme self is probably the best way for this second life. It doesn't necessarily even have to be TG people either. My best friend and my big sister know of my femme side and are totally cool with it.

linnea
02-22-2009, 11:56 PM
Last summer I took a short vacation by myself and dressed the entire time. I had a great time, and I intend to do the same thing again this year. I'm hoping to take more time on this excursion. It's not easy to do, but it seems so worth it.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-23-2009, 09:18 AM
It is VERY HARD to do unless you have a very understanding and supportive Spouse and family and career

JoAnne Wheeler