PDA

View Full Version : Life Update!!

Ashlie Marie
02-21-2009, 12:30 AM
Hey Girls,

Well It's Friday night and I am sitting here wanting to figure out this feeling. It could be that Fog we all talk about who knows. This past week was the first full entire week I have gotten up out of bed on time stayed out of my Wife's way and was able to get ready on time and go enfemme to work everyday. The Girls on my team all dared me I couldnt keep it going. (most of you know how lazy I am about shaving lol) hence why I start Laser in a week. anyways they told me they promised to start remebering to call me Ashlie if dressed for a whole week. Well this morning I am heading to my Cube and of all people my manager passes by and say good morning Ashlie :-) well I was smiles all day. I mean I have no intenesions on name changes or transision or drugs or whatever. but I have been in this wierd "haze" all week like a first week at a new job. very odd.. well at least I know I can dress whenever I want now :-) happy Friday sisters :-)

Hugs,
Ashlie.

Legs
02-21-2009, 12:39 AM
Ashlie,

Way to go girl, and I am sooooooooooo happy for you.

As for the fog thingy, just get a fan and set it on your desk, that should help some..giggles

Huggggggggggggs
Samantha

Tina B.
02-21-2009, 12:50 AM
Sounds like a good way yo get lost in the fog sweetie!Tina

Shannon
02-21-2009, 01:42 AM
Ashlie, that is so wonderful, fog or no fog! I am happy for you and thanks for sharing your joy!

sarahNZ
02-21-2009, 07:28 AM
whoop whoop

Drinks on Ashlie

good on ya girl.

RobynB
02-21-2009, 07:39 AM
Sounds like an amazing week.

Angie G
02-21-2009, 08:02 AM
Good for you Ashlie must have been a real dream week fou you. I'm glad you enjoyed it so much. You go girl.:hugs:
Angie

beenherelongtime
02-21-2009, 08:54 AM
very nice that you can work dressed, good for you.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-21-2009, 09:51 AM
WAY TO GO - you are very courageous - how great it is for you to have co-workers to help you

JoAnne Wheeler

Kimberly Marie Kelly
02-21-2009, 11:52 AM
did you have HR's approval on dressing? What is the companies dress code? Reason I ask is in my company I believe that you need to make known that you are transitioning if you wish to present as a women fulltime (wig and forms etc.), but I believe the dress code is gender neutral meaning I can wear approved clothing style's whether they are male or feminine.

For me I dress with feminine styled clothes now almost all the time, I just don't wear dresses, skirts, forms or wigs right now, If I decide to transition and present as female, I would wear forms, wigs and skirts to complete the presentation.

What was your companies overall reaction to your dressing femme for the week? How far was the dressing, did you wear forms, wigs etc? :battingeyelashes:

Teri Jean
02-21-2009, 01:22 PM
Hi Ashlie,
Sounds like you took a week of vacation time at work. You must have had fun and for the co-workers they must be very supportive and friendly. Have fun and yes get a fan to help reduce the fog. Huggs Keli

Ashlie Marie
02-22-2009, 01:59 AM
did you have HR's approval on dressing? What is the companies dress code? Reason I ask is in my company I believe that you need to make known that you are transitioning if you wish to present as a women fulltime (wig and forms etc.), but I believe the dress code is gender neutral meaning I can wear approved clothing style's whether they are male or feminine.

For me I dress with feminine styled clothes now almost all the time, I just don't wear dresses, skirts, forms or wigs right now, If I decide to transition and present as female, I would wear forms, wigs and skirts to complete the presentation.

What was your companies overall reaction to your dressing femme for the week? How far was the dressing, did you wear forms, wigs etc? :battingeyelashes:

Well I work for a very Large Health Insurance Company, who is currently listed as number 4 on the most Diverse 250 companies in the US, we are also listed in the middle on the top 100 GLBT companies, so too be honest no one would even ask. I am currently a Diversity Ambassdor right now and a memeber of our LGBT assocoicte resource and help group, so I think most people including MY local HR know about me, one is a very good firend. I have a colection f co workers that use my fem name when I am dressed, and some that have known me for so long its hard for them lol. as far as the dress code 3 years ago my company surveyed 300 major companies and created 1 unisex, gender neutral Dress code. It is however all still based on the unit you are in. if I worked in Fiance and dressed I would have to wear skirts and dresses or business suits everyday I work in customer care so we are very business casual. most of the GG's wear jeans and tops all week long so that is what I wear to blend better.. But I pull a jean skirt or a ruffle skirt out when I feel like it.

On a seperate note I found that after wearing my forms for 8 hours strait I went out today and had my wife help me find some more comfy all day bras LOL and I think someone asked about WIgs. the number one trick to passing in my opion is grow out your hair and add some highlights. I love all the complements I get on my hair and I am proud of it. I love how my wife and the girls at the salon always say they would kill for me hair.

have a good one :-)

Ashlie

SherriePall
02-22-2009, 02:49 PM
Good for you, Ashlie. Is this something you worked up to or did you just show up one day business casual dressed femme? BTW, I think you look great in your avatar.

Ashlie Marie
02-23-2009, 05:41 PM
Transisioning at work has been a project over the last year or so. I mean when i got hired i already had my acrylic nails and long hair and wore makeup from time to time. so that was no big deal at all. then it turned into girl clothes last summer I started wearing Capris everyday. we can't wear shorts. then at some point i realized that my womens tops that I wore out on the weeekends as Ashlie didnt look right at work flat chested so I went out and bought a couple little padded a bras. then I guess came skirts once and while and then a few weeks ago (the pic in avatar) I tried the breastforms for the first time (even though at least half my team knows the real me so it wanted a big thng for them) but going around the biulding now to the other 300 some odd people has been interesting so lady asked me if my brother worked upstairs and I said yes lol.. now I just can't wait till I get my laser started so I can have no make lazy days with t-shirts and jeans :-)

ash

Alessandra
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
wow you sure are lucky if only everyone had people around them that were so accepting.

Tina B.
02-23-2009, 06:29 PM
To bad all companies aren't as forward thinking as yours, hang on that job, those can't be easy to find!LOL
Tina

Karen564
02-23-2009, 06:53 PM
Ashlie, do you think they would hire an entry level trans trainee ?

Karen

vikki2020
02-24-2009, 12:00 AM
Now, that is one very cool company,with some very cool employees!:thumbsup: Congrats,Ashlie!Wow, talk about good company benefits!

Alana65
02-24-2009, 07:19 AM
Ashlie, it obviously took some work on your part (to get to the point you are at now), but it seems to me it all paid-off...........you've got dream job, girl !! Congrats on it working for you......and keep us updated on how the laser treatments go. :hugs: