PDA

View Full Version : Air Travel Option

Barb123
02-21-2009, 03:29 AM
I have been too afraid to go thru security dressed as a woman.

A number of times, I have pack purse, boots, implants and skirt and jacket in my carry on. Wear male clothes with a sweater. My base makeup is on and everything femme underneath. I even got patted down once but nothing was said or done when he felt the bra.

Once past security, I change my shoes to high heeled boots in the gate area. I have found low traffic areas to put the wig on and walked into a womans washroom and finished my makeup. I have also used a family washroom. There I change to a knee length skirt and then went out, took my boarding pass and got on the plane.

After getting my luggage, I just hand the rental car ounter the print out of my reservation, hand them my license and credit card and I have never had a problem.

Challenge is where to put the wig on. Once done, you are on your way.
Barb

Senban
02-21-2009, 05:21 AM
For some reason I'd be worried not so much that I'd been seen getting changed or whatever but that I'd gone through as a man and put on a female disguise once past security. Of course we know it's not a "disguise" per se but security aren't likely to ask for a debate on crossdressing issues and are more likely interested in a potential security issue.

Hell, last time I flew to the States I was wearing knee high boots that clicked as I walked across the floor of the airport - a lot more than I expected actually! I paused a moment in embarassment and then thought "screw it!" and just strode through like I owned the place.

If you're not worried about being seen in your female clothing once past security, why are you worried about being seen as such as you go through security? Seems like you're taking far more risk by going through male and then "disguising" yourself as female once through. If someone saw you and raised a red flag, you could soon find yourself wearing a lovely pair of unisex orange overalls and I don't think they allow high heels at Guantanamo :eek:

sarahNZ
02-21-2009, 07:34 AM
:iagree:

this sounds like more of a worry than walking through security

Barb123
02-21-2009, 09:46 AM
I see your point. I was concerned about being seen by those who know me outbound. Especialy if there was a problem.
Once away from town...
Next time I will check dressed and back the man stuff in the carry on as a plan B. I will leave more time should there be a problem.

Tell me again that going thru airline check in and TSA in femme is going to be OK!!

Barb

TxKimberly
02-21-2009, 10:08 AM
I see your point. I was concerned about being seen by those who know me outbound. Especialy if there was a problem.
Once away from town...
Next time I will check dressed and back the man stuff in the carry on as a plan B. I will leave more time should there be a problem.

Tell me again that going thru airline check in and TSA in femme is going to be OK!!

Barb

I can promise you it will be OK as long as you follow the usual rules about what you can carry on with you. They will NOT hassle you based just on your being "dressed". I've now flown dozens of times, and in all that time, the only problems I've had was that I was once asked for two forms of ID, and I once had a TSA guy clearly look down his nose (but he STILL put me through).

If your concern is being seen by someone you know, I think you have been making a mistake. If your best friend happens to be in the airport, would you rather he see someone who is clearly you, but wearing makeup and a bra, or would you rather you had the benefit of more or less being in an entire disguise, with hair and makeup, and almost certainly not recognizable?

Eileen
02-21-2009, 10:42 AM
Barb get a non drivers license picture ID. The picture will match you and it will have your male info. I have flown that way with no problem. It is an easy way to go.

Eileen

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-21-2009, 11:40 AM
I have flown en femme quite a lot and have not had any problems. I do understand your concern of not letting people you know see you but if that is going to happen it will, there is nothing you can do about it. I know that some day I will be caught, base on the number of chances that I take so I am prepared for that day.

Barb123
02-24-2009, 02:56 AM
I have flown en femme quite a lot and have not had any problems. I do understand your concern of not letting people you know see you but if that is going to happen it will, there is nothing you can do about it. I know that some day I will be caught, base on the number of chances that I take so I am prepared for that day.

I just came through TSA yeaterday and asked the ticket TSA person and asked him what would happen if I were dressed as a woman. His reponse was that as long as the name matched and he could tell I was the person on the ID, he would just send me thru. I was pursuaded that I would be ok nexttime dressed as a woman,
Barb

JoAnne Wheeler
02-24-2009, 10:13 AM
I would love to travel entirely enfemme with absolutely no male clothing around. That would mean air travel, ship travel and everything else.

JoAnne Wheeler

linnea
02-24-2009, 10:36 AM
I would really love to do this--travel en femme--too, but I get the whole treatment (pat-down, etc.) every time because I have an artificial hip that ALWAYS sets the sensors off. Of course, I could ask for a "private" pat down. I could endure that, but the gawking eyes make me very uncomfortable even in my male outer-wear.
I think that I will get some non-drivers ID with my femme picture on it.