PDA

View Full Version : Hair Removal

JenniRose
06-19-2005, 07:15 PM
Hi, I'm new at this (forum not cross-dressing) so this may have been something already addressed, but I didn't see it in the first few pages.

I'm pretty content with my appearance, except for losing a few more pounds, but I have a terrible problem with my body hair. I have tried every thing I know to remove it, but I am never satisfied with the results, or the longevity of the results. The worst results seem to be on my legs.

Here's a quick rundown of what I've tried and the results:

Nair: at five minutes nothing, at seven minutes it removes most of the long hair with a little scrubbing, which you are not supposed to do. The same is true of ten minute, but I also get some skin irritation then. When it does remove hair, the hair is back in two to three days. This does remove my underarm hair for up to five days.

Electric shaver: I have tried three. They never get me a smooth as I would like and most fail within a month or two. At fifty dollars each, this is too expensive and the results aren't very good. (Two were women's shavers, one was a man's.)

Men's bladed razor: From the amount of blood I lost, I knew this was a one time event. I had to wait three weeks before I could try anything else. I used hot towels to prepare my legs, then a gel to coat them before I ever started shaving. Lasted about five days before the stubble became easily visible.

Women's moderate priced razor: Twin blade, cutie kind. Less bleeding, but still not with out some flow of red. Again I used the hot towels and gel. Unfortunately three days later the stubble was clearly visible.

Expensive priced razor: Fancy three blade style. Much less bleeding for half of the first leg. I had to change blade cartridges three times (total of four cartridges) for one shaving with minimal bleeding. I still used the hot towels and gel. I will admit that it was six days before the stubble was objectional.

I tried a couple of those electronic things as well. The home electrolysis is basically useless. Thing that pulls the hairs out seems to work for almost three weeks, but it took me that long to cover both legs, and it WAS painful. The one with the two spinning disks is also a joke. Not only does it take two years to do a leg, I had the inner disk fail in less than two hours. The manufacturer replaced the unit only to have the outer disk fail in the next two hours of use. I quit then.

Is there anything else I can try? I really would like smooth legs, and I have yet to find a way to get them.

Any and all advice is openly accepted.

Thanks,

JenniRose

DanaJ
06-19-2005, 08:15 PM
You left out perhaps the best alternative - waxing. Go to a slaon and get waxed, don't try it yourself. Don't be shy, more and more men are getting waxed every day.

There is also laser treatments, but they are very expensive and sometimes don't work completely, depending on many factors.

DanaJ

Kera_Efflorescence
06-19-2005, 08:17 PM
You could also try professional electrolysis... which is bound to be much more expensive (and painful), and takes a longer time as you have to schedule repeated sessions... however, it takes a rather long time for the hair to grow back, and eventually it stops growing permenantly (or so I hear).

Incidentally, I've never really had much of a problem cutting myself with a men's razor. Ironically, the one time I've tried using a woman's razor I cut myself much, much more... though the blade was somewhat dull and I was in a hurry. The problems I have with shaving are in regards to the stubble and razor burn it leaves.

gender_blender
06-20-2005, 01:15 AM
Laser is probably more expensive versus electrolysis without thick hair growth on the area in question. I have done 10+ hours of electrolysis (on my face, neck and chest) and it kills the targeted hair folicle, however many nearby folicles are dormant and must be destroyed when they become active.

I get the best results on my legs with my Sheik Intuition leg razor. No shaving creme needed: it lathers and shaves in the same step. It's kinda expensive, but totally worth the money I think.

Charlie

girlintouch
06-20-2005, 01:53 AM
nair burn me so I tried veet and I am much happier with the results

Cassandera GG
06-20-2005, 02:28 AM
I've tried all kinds of hair removal creams/waxes/raors etc. I tried a new nads hair removal cream on one of my legs and veet rasera on the other. The winner is veet rasera (in a can with a bladeless razor that doesn't hurt!!). The nads burnt my leg while the veet had no effect except of removal of the hair. Veet tends to last about 5 or more days and is very resonably priced.

Good luck :)

norbie
06-20-2005, 02:39 AM
I can recommend to anyone the Philips Satinelle 2in1, Eppilator. It's a little painful the first time, but he, what are you a Woman or a mouse? :D
Regrow getting softer every time and Hair in my armholes stopped growing.
Norbie :p

JenniRose
06-23-2005, 05:43 PM
Sorry, I got sent out of town, but I want to thank all that shared their ideas. I will be trying them until I find one that works.

By the way, has anyone noticed that with the baggage checks and searches it is almost impossible to travel these days! I was even asked why there was a pair of pantyhose in my luggage!

Thanks again, and try to stay out of the unfriendly skies!

JenniRose