PDA

View Full Version : CD Law #38, Never "out" a sister

tamarav
02-21-2009, 10:58 AM
CD Law #38, Never "out" a sister in public.

I have to admit, I do this all the time, but I am not doing it to embarass a fellow sister. When I am dressed I am fairly gregarious and I will walk right up to any woman or apparent woman and compliment them on their choice of dress, hair style, makeup or whatever has caught my attention.

I do this for two reasons. The first is that a feature has truly caught my eye and I feel it is attractive, like a hot haircut or hair style. Secondly, if indeed it is a CD, then it is my opportunity to meet them and sit down and discuss CD life as we know it. If the CD I have met is so withdrawn and cannot communicate in public, I recognize it quickly and excuse myself, slinking off into the darkness.

My excuse-I am a hairstylist and I have been fascinated by feminine beauty forever! Deal with it...

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-21-2009, 11:17 AM
Tamarav, you can out me anytime, hope it happens some day. I for one do not think it would be harmful for a crossdresser to be complimented by another crossdresser or by a woman for that matter. I would just love the chance to meet others like me and would not think badly of it.

Karren H
02-21-2009, 11:27 AM
You must have a newer book than I do Tami! My #38 just says..

"Page intentionally left blank"

:)

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-21-2009, 11:34 AM
What are the first 37 laws? I never got the book so that's why I keep screwing up things. Hey I have no idea how to start a "poll" so why don't some one do a poll on "would you like to be confronted" while out en-femme
could be 1) yes for sure 2) no way 3) maybe Just a thought. You all know how I would answer, please do!

battybattybats
02-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Well there is a difference between going up to them when they are en femme where they may be 'read' as TG/CD and doing so to a CD you know when they are in drab revealing to the world they are a CD when people they know will find out which is how the word 'outting' has usually been used in the GLBT community

Peoples right to privacy and remaining in the closet ought to be respected Though I think there may be rare times when it may be appropriate. Such as when they publicly speak out against TGs while being one themselves in private, such as with Ted Haggard and some others.

But saying hi to someone dressed who you feel may be TG? While it may scare some it's not neccessarily wrong.

tamarav
02-21-2009, 12:12 PM
I also seem to have misplaced my CD Law book, I can't for the life of me remember many of the other laws. I just make them up as I go along..

Karren, that page was intentionally left blank for you to write in....

StevieTV
02-21-2009, 12:21 PM
Games have rules so if you're playing either play along or go home.
I do improv and would just love to have someone call me out. Imagine the clever reparte that would ensue.

Vieja
02-21-2009, 12:28 PM
Tamarav,

I think I like CD law #38 and probably any other laws that are on the books. I would probably have a heart attack if I were recognized. I have been so careful for so long that I just automatically shudder thinking about being recognized.

Vieja

JoAnne Wheeler
02-21-2009, 12:44 PM
TAMARA - That is not Rule 38 - THAT is RULE #1

JoAnne Wheeler

Jonianne
02-21-2009, 12:53 PM
I also seem to have misplaced my CD Law book.......

Tami, I sure wouldn't want to be in your shoes when you have to back to "Tamara Croft" to ask for another one.

Penny
02-21-2009, 01:07 PM
For all who are unfamiliar the law or have lost it, look in the US tax code. "It's there somewhere, everything else is":eek::heehee::doh::D:heehee::heehee:daydreaming::d oh::D :eek:

:hugs:

Penny

Kimberly Marie Kelly
02-21-2009, 06:12 PM
Might become a New York Times bestseller. If anyone is a good writer and we can get some stories to illustrate the rules, it could be a neat project to do. Any volunteer's? :battingeyelashes:

TxKimberly
02-21-2009, 06:15 PM
. . . Karren, that page was intentionally left blank for you to write in....

Yeah, like Karen's ever had a problem making her own rules! lol

Tamara,

I'd be delighted if you spoke to me were you to see me out. :-)

SusanMarie
02-21-2009, 06:30 PM
Aren't rules made to be broken?
bent?
forgotten?
ignored?

all the above!

Exception...the rules of this forum!

There are always exceptions.

SherriePall
02-21-2009, 06:56 PM
When I am out and about, few pay me any mind. So, I don't really know what I would do if another CD approached me. Of course, if she were dressed it would be a different story. And if one of you approached me, I would be thrilled. Especially, if it were Karren, but only if she didn't try to bodycheck me into the walls of a store and knock me off my heels!

Tracii G
02-21-2009, 07:44 PM
Karren is just a pussy cat with attitude!I like her style.

Hope
02-21-2009, 08:53 PM
TAMARA - That is not Rule 38 - THAT is RULE #1

JoAnne Wheeler

I have to agree that this would be rule #1 - but at the same time, approaching a woman and complimenting her earrings, or starting a conversation is a LOT different than outing.

tamarav
02-21-2009, 08:59 PM
Oh dear me! Of course I would never call out to a fellow sister and acknowledge her across the mall. "Yo babe, good look you've got going tonight"

What I am referring to is complimenting someone, something that every one of us would like to have done to us. I have met many CDs who were thrilled that they had someone to talk with while others almost broke down and cried, or ran, so it takes a bit of common sense to approach anybody...

Karren H
02-21-2009, 09:24 PM
I also seem to have misplaced my CD Law book, I can't for the life of me remember many of the other laws. I just make them up as I go along..

Karren, that page was intentionally left blank for you to write in....

Ohhh Well Engineer's can't write... so email me a copy of yours!! :)

Beth785
02-22-2009, 12:07 AM
There's a rules book? What the heck?!? I have to carry around a rule book for work that's 5 inches thick and now your telling me I have to carry around a CDing rule book in my purse! I'm calling foul on this one! We need to form a committee to get this straightened out PDQ!

deja true
02-22-2009, 09:37 AM
Ohhh Well Engineer's can't write... so email me a copy of yours!! :)

Can't write, huh?

Just fill it up with diagrams and squiggly, unreadable notes...

Ashlyee Paige
02-22-2009, 11:07 AM
I keep my copy in PDF format on my PDA, makes it fit in the purse alot easier :)