PDA

View Full Version : No silky smooth legs for Kristin :(

KristinSkye
02-21-2009, 11:39 AM
Well after reading a few threads here and seeing a few pictures of you girls' smoothly shaved legs I decided it was time for me to do the same!

Unfortunately for me, I was shot down my my wife as I casually slipped it into conversation earlier this morning. Conversation went like this:

Me: Hey hun, do you like my hairy legs?
SO: Yeah....(confused look on her face). You were thinking about shaving them were you?
Me: Well actually yeah. The other day I almost did, but I wasn't sure what you would think.
SO: (almost grossed out look on her face) No, I like them hairy. Plus I think you would regret it.

Then she went on why I would regret it: I would have to continue to shave them, the hair would grow back rough, etc.

I guess it wasn't a total loss though. I learned that I am a very long way from letting her know about my other side.

Oh well, maybe someday :daydreaming:

SANDRA MICHELLE
02-21-2009, 11:43 AM
My wife likes the hairy look on me as well but has come to live with the silky smooth look. I shave my legs and chest all the time, she says my legs are always smoother than hers.

2b.Lauren
02-21-2009, 12:23 PM
I was kind of lucky on that one. I shaved my legs before we started dating. I was a semi-pro bike racer and shaved my legs as early as about 15 or so. I had more problems with my father on this issue than any of the girls I dated. I am not a hairy person anyway. So it really was not something that she would miss.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-21-2009, 12:42 PM
KRISTEN - welcome to my world - your spouse and mine must be related

JoAnne Wheeler

jennCD
02-21-2009, 12:51 PM
Oh yeah, I know that feeling.... MY wife did NOT take too well to seeing my bare legs last year. I learned my lesson with that. Sheesh..

:)
jenn

StaceyJane
02-21-2009, 01:27 PM
I guess you could point out that if you had electrolysis or laser treatment you wouldn't have to shave every day.
My wife has been fine with me shaving my arms and legs.

Jacky Aikou
02-21-2009, 01:33 PM
Maybe you could compromise and just "manscape" a bit? I'd say using clippers to trim down your leg hair length a little wouldn't set off any alarms. Works for me keeping my arms from looking like Robin Williams'!

My wife knew about my CDing from the start and though she was resistant to me shaving my legs and chest for a while, I was patient and understanding and she eventually humored me. Or maybe I should say gave up on me? In a loving way, of course. :heehee:

So now I clip my arms, shave my chest and tummy, and epilate my legs. I hope over time you and your wife find a happy medium, too.

Sharon B.
02-21-2009, 01:44 PM
It is kind of funny, even though I live alone there are times when I will stop shaving my legs, underarms and chest area and allow the hair to grow back. It usually last about two weeks, the most I have gone was about six weeks but after the six weeks I couldn't stand it anymore and it had to come off. Even now it has been two weeks and I am ready to remove it all. I guess you could say I have a phobia of having body hair. I hate it at most times but the male side of me says I have to have it, the female sides says get rid of it. I'm glad the female side is the most dominate.

Jess_cd32
02-21-2009, 03:40 PM
If your not going to shave you can try tan opaque tights and they will give you great looking legs at the drop of a hat, how do I know?:) (see avatar to the left)
If any hair still shows thru just add one pair of stockings over that and wa-lah. Its at least second best when you can't shave them.

Cristi
02-21-2009, 04:13 PM
The 'fact' that hair will grow in courser or thicker after you shave is an urban myth.

Shaving has no effect on hair growth. So there goes THAT excuse. :)

From snopes.com:
http://www.snopes.com/oldwives/hairgrow.asp

Karren H
02-21-2009, 04:23 PM
Awww... I have always found it's easier to ask forgivness than permission!! lol

Too late for that now.....

Look what I just did!!!

Jess_cd32
02-21-2009, 04:53 PM
......I have always found it's easier to ask forgivness than permission! :)

That would make a great bumper sticker on your Chevy truck Karren:heehee:. I mean Ford truck:doh:

(I saw what you said about us Chevy truck owners before):hugs:

Karren H
02-21-2009, 05:01 PM
That would make a great bumper sticker on your Chevy truck Karren:heehee:. I mean Ford truck:doh:

(I saw what you said about us Chevy truck owners before):hugs:

Well I forgive you!! NOT!!! lol

MsSamanthaErica
02-21-2009, 05:05 PM
What if you were to shave them and then show you didn't regret it at all? Hmmm...perhaps that's too close to admitting you are a CD'er and perhaps you shouldn't do that. Perhaps a set of trimmers can take a 'bit off the top' and then you can go carefully from there...

Hugs,
~Samantha

María José
02-21-2009, 05:09 PM
Awww... I have always found it's easier to ask forgivness than permission!! lol

Too late for that now.....

Look what I just did!!!

I agree! A did it and then we talk about it LOL

My wife likes the hairy look too, but we have a compromise. I can shave for one or two months and then she has her time for my hairy look. I dont know what happens in other persons, but in my case it is not true that when you start to shave you have to do it forever bacause your hair wil grow harder. I have not seen a change.

Tasha McIntyre
02-21-2009, 05:12 PM
There will never be smooth legs for Tash - ever. The wife is pretty good about things these days, but Tash has to be able to get back to 100% hubby in pretty quick time. Shaved smooth legs would leave her somewhat less than ecstatic.

I like the opaque tights that Jess has in her avatar. What a great compromise.

Good luck.

Tash :)

Ruth
02-21-2009, 06:20 PM
I keep my legs shaved all the time. My wife was turned off by the idea at first but came to realise that it didn't make a lot of difference in practice. I'm not very hairy anyway and I do it as much for the smooth feel as for the appearance.
I guess if you have a thick pelt on your legs it may be more of a big deal.

insearchofme
02-21-2009, 06:53 PM
I've mentioned this before but at age 45 many men lose the hair of their calves. It has happened to me, I used to have very hairy legs and now not so much.

I know a lot of men who are like this, my doc for one. It is natural and normal. My wife is naturaly ok with this, I can't help it can I? I am also noticing that the hair on my upper leg is starting to go away. Too bad it is taking so long, I'm 59 and wonder how long before all the hair is gone. After all it didn't take very long for the hair on the top of my head to go bye bye.

BrianaMarie
02-21-2009, 06:57 PM
I encouraged my SO to shave her legs. It was very interesting to watch, it was cute actually and it took me back to being that 13 year old adolescent girl doing it for the first time with Mom's razor in the shower. It was a neat experience. She loved it and will probably continue to do it now. I'm fine with the legs and the arm pits but not so sure about the chest yet? Hmmmm, I'm working on that one still, lol.

Hope
02-21-2009, 07:06 PM
Unfortunately for me, I was shot down my my wife as I casually slipped it into conversation earlier this morning. Conversation went like this:

Me: Hey hun, do you like my hairy legs?
SO: Yeah....(confused look on her face). You were thinking about shaving them were you?
Me: Well actually yeah. The other day I almost did, but I wasn't sure what you would think.
SO: (almost grossed out look on her face) No, I like them hairy. Plus I think you would regret it.

Then she went on why I would regret it: I would have to continue to shave them, the hair would grow back rough, etc.

No - silly - the battle is not lost - it hasn't even started yet! This was just the opening salvo. You are just softening up the beach-head with comments like these. If for no other reason, her first acculturated reaction to men doing anything girly is going to be disgust - even if it is only feigned disgust.

A few days from now you are going to be sitting on the sofa with her and you are going to admire her legs and comment on how silky smooth they are.

In a week you are going to complain about body hair in general. How much it grosses you out.

A few days after that you are going to complain again about your harry legs.

She is not stupid, she knows what is coming - but you are preparing her for it.

So then when you finally DO "test" the water and shave your legs, just from knee to ankle, (get the foot and toes too you hobbit!) she will not be completely surprised. And for the love of all that is holy and good - don't ask permission - do it when she is not around (Don't use her razor either) just do it, and let her notice, and bring it up on her own terms. When she asks you about it - You say:

Yah - I have wanted to TRY IT OUT for a long time, and I really like it (you will - trust me). If she completely melts down at that point (She most likely won't) you say - WTF? (but be more sensitive than that) it's just hair - it will grow back in like 3 weeks... (WAY sooner than you want it to - trust me). When she doesn't melt down, you wait a week and finish the job, and never look back.

This way she can't pull the whole "You don't know what you are talking about and will hate it" line you got before.

The key is to prep her for it ahead of time - do it without asking (per Karen above - always better to beg forgiveness than ask permission) - then when she notices it - you frame the conversation in terms of a "test" or a "trial" and see how she reacts.

ALSO - avoid talking about it like you have cancer "Sweetie, there is something important I have to tell you..." No good reaction ever came from those words... Talk about it like it is FUN, maybe silly, but definitely FUN! Fun is as infectious as anything. "You SHAVED YOUR LEGS!!!" "Yah - it's that hilarious?..."

Now get back out there trooper - we have a war to win - and those panties aren't going to wear themselves!

KristinSkye
02-22-2009, 10:12 PM
Thanks for all the support and advice everyone :hugs:

I read everyones posts, and took a lot of the advice to heart, especially Karren's and Hope's. At first I kind of felt guilty about just doing it, then seeing her reaction, but I was reminded that it is easier to ask for forgiveness than permission!

I think I'm going to follow Hope's 10 point plan for sexy legs. Thanks again everyone!

linnea
02-23-2009, 12:18 AM
I like that smooth look and feel much better than the hairy, but my body hair is pretty light so that when I shave, which is pretty much all the time now, it is not dramatically noticeable.

Danica
02-23-2009, 01:32 AM
I've been thinking about shaving this hairy bod of mine and contemplating the fallout. There are some great ideas in this thread. Looked for some opague tights today but no luck finding any. Going to plan B - trimming and see where that goes. Thank you for the advice ladies!

Lisa Elaine
02-23-2009, 10:52 AM
I go back and forth between shaving my legs and letting it all grow back. It's wonderful when they're shaved, but I don't always feel like keeping up with the maintenance! My SO, who's slowly coming around to "accepting" my CDing, really enjoyed feeling the smoothness of my shaved legs the first time. After that she said she had no problem whatsoever with me shaving. I asked her which way she liked better, and she said either shaved or unshaved, just that she didn't want to cuddle up against scratchy stubble! :heehee:

I've been thinking about shaving this hairy bod of mine and contemplating the fallout. There are some great ideas in this thread. Looked for some opague tights today but no luck finding any. Going to plan B - trimming and see where that goes. Thank you for the advice ladies!

Danica, I buy a lot of my clothing from Torrid. They have some great tights that you might like.

Victoria StJohn
02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
I've mentioned this before but at age 45 many men lose the hair of their calves. It has happened to me, I used to have very hairy legs and now not so much.

I know a lot of men who are like this, my doc for one. It is natural and normal. My wife is naturaly ok with this, I can't help it can I? I am also noticing that the hair on my upper leg is starting to go away. Too bad it is taking so long, I'm 59 and wonder how long before all the hair is gone. After all it didn't take very long for the hair on the top of my head to go bye bye.

Dana, the trick here is get an elipator and skim it over the remaining hair and the natural thinning process is somewhat faster. It works for me. Cheers, VSJ. :battingeyelashes::battingeyelashes:

JulieC
02-23-2009, 01:17 PM

Having to continue to shave them is a problem....how?

Also, the notion that shaved hair grows back more rough is absolutely absurd. If that were the case, men would have trees for beard hair and women would have trees for armpit and leg hair.

It simply ISN'T TRUE!

Joanne Curl
02-23-2009, 07:01 PM
I just removed my leg fur this morning. My wife helped me remove my back fur yesterday. She doesn't mind me taking off the back and chest fur although she doesn't like the stubble. She asked me if I wanted to keep it off all summer too! I was cleaning up the stubble and decided to shave my legs too. Now I'm smooth from nose to toes. I've shaved my legs before and she really doesn't care for it. She doesn't know about my CDing. But she knows I don't like being furry.
Joanne

Carly D.
02-23-2009, 08:50 PM
The hair grows back just as it was before you shave them.. the only thing is once you feel how pantyhose or tights feel with shaved legs it really sucks to wear pantyhose again with hair on your legs.. but what you could say (this is me being brave) is hey the hair will grow back when she freaks out about your now mowed hair on your legs.. and, of course you can say that you wanted to see how it felt to have shaved legs.. no big deal.. hey let me wear your pantyhose, I think I might like that too!!..

foxyjj111
02-23-2009, 09:14 PM
my wife doesnt know about my cding but she doesnt care that i shave my legs, arms, armpits, and chest. as a triathlete i shave before races and then just got sick of think hair so i keep them shaved. she picks on me about being a women but like i said, doesnt know.

Sally2005
02-23-2009, 09:19 PM
Once my wife told me, she was glad I didn't do it because I would never be able to go back...

not sure exactly what she was saying, but I guess it feels good? I wear something that always covers my legs, so no shaving is required. Some day in a moment of weakness I'll probably do it. And ask forgiveness later.

Tora
02-23-2009, 09:39 PM
For those like me who have not been cleared for the smoooth legs mission, Berkshire has a very good Opaque Panty hose. Being in the heafty range I use a plus size. TRY,, " eberkshire.com for Matte Opaque tights, the Creme Crepe is a good natural color. One pair is passable under dresses or a skirt. If you like them, they have sales, on line a couple of times a year, thru e.A.

JaytoJillian
02-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Awww... I have always found it's easier to ask forgivness than permission!! lol :)

Ditto!

Janet Bern
02-24-2009, 12:05 PM
As I am getting older I am losing some of the hair on my legs. Enough so that I can slowly shave from the ankle up. I still havent gotten fully to the knees yet but I am able to wear a mid calf skirt and wear regular pantyhose. Someday I will be able to wear a just below the knee skirt if I keep inching up.
Janet

oliviarub
02-25-2009, 02:36 AM
waxing is the only way,
who has time to shave every other day or so.
go to salon and get pampered i say.:)

noeleena
02-25-2009, 03:45 AM
hi.... A .??? . here why do women like males with hair. like you say arms legs & chest .
as a lad i rode horses . & the hairs on the inside of my legs were knotted . i just hated it
now as a women i use a epalator about every 3 weeks mind you being 61 & on h r t has helped so much . i now have to look for them very fine & light coloured . oh the pity it did not happen 40 odd years ago. i would be set now. oh well . hey i.m a women & i dont like being hairy yucky......no way ..... he he .. cant say much about whats on top ...... oh ... nothing there ........

...noeleena...

Areyan
02-25-2009, 04:56 AM
My advice to all CDers here hiding this from your partners is to read MarlaGG's post about telling your wife/SO about your CDing.... I know this is no easy task but if you want to be having an honest relationship and even get support from your wife/SO then this is the way to go.....popping in hints to guage her reactions is NOT going to go down well if she ever catches you in the act or finds out later on. My advice as a GG - tell your wife.

Even though it didn't go well at first when my man told me about his CDing (aye, there were many tears, demands to know what I wasn't doing right and all the other questions, lol :o), I appreciated his honesty and the fact that he never "tried on" stuff with me to see if I liked it or would handle it first. I also came to a point where I understood just how hard this had been for him to share with me and how unaccepted he felt by the world in general... this was a great way to gain my acceptance as I now understand why I've always been so impressed by his caring and sensitive attitude and I would give my right arm to protect him if anyone tried to hurt him.

It does take awhile for a lot of GGs to accept when first told, but it is totally worth it. I now enjoy giving him beauty tips, taking him shopping and even taking sexy pics of him dressed, though it took a little bit of time to get used to seeing him fully en femme.... Btw, I've only known about this for 6 months after being in the dark for 3 years so this wasn't a very easy process and I still have days where it is hard. Also, I recommend reading MarlaGG's other post about now I like it, now I don't..... It can be a long road to full acceptance but once you get there it is so worth it. I hope you can find acceptance with your wives/SO's because if you do it can totally change your world and I really feel like it has for my honey, he's much happier now than he's ever been in the 3 years we were together before he came out to me. More sex for me has also been a bonus! :D:battingeyelashes:

:hugs:

Akira

melissacd
02-25-2009, 07:20 AM
I agree with Akira and I also want to add that the other point to take in to consideration is that your spouse does not ask you for permission to shave her legs.

Even if you were not a cross dresser, shaving your arms and/or legs and/or anything else is a personal grooming choice. A spouse may not appreciate it anymore than you may not appreciate some other personal choice that she makes, but in the end it is each of us that gets to choose for ourselves.

If a relationship ends or becomes severlely challenged and rocky because of shaving your legs or arms or chest then you have much more serious relationship problems than cross dressing to deal with.

My 2 cents

Huggs
Melissa

Kathy4ever
02-25-2009, 09:54 AM
I shaved my legs right after christmas. my wife never noticed because with it being so cold my legs did not show. If she would of noticed she would of flipped and called me names so I figured I let them grow back before it gets warmer. They are at a point that the hairs are short but not stubbly. I only wish she would be supporting because I love them shaved. My armpits have been shaved for 8 months and she has not noticed them either. Since she saw me dressed one day she and I aren't as intimate enough anymore. She got mad at me for not getting a real short haircut two weeks ago. She went off saying her sisters hair is shorter than mine. It's my hair and I don't tell her how to wear her hair. What's the big deal?

celeste88
02-25-2009, 09:59 AM
I learned that I am a very long way from letting her know about my other side.

Oh well, maybe someday :daydreaming:

Hey I know what you mean about letting your SO know. I have trawled through this site, and combined with my own experiences, letting our partners know by dropping hints does not work.

One golden rule I have learned which doesn't only apply to crossdressing, is that when our partner is actively involved, as much as we are, then it aids with acceptance. If it is seen as just some fetish that we have on the side, they are unlikely to accept.

Final point, you can be a little economical with the truth and try to make your progression to crossdressing take place with your partner. Just an idea.

Celeste

Sarah_GG
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
Before my SO told me about his CDing I would've thought it 'odd' that he wanted to shave his legs. Now I know and I understand I'm perfectly happy for him to shave his legs, under arms and chest.

If your SO knew the whole story and understood why you wanted to shave your legs you might get a different reaction.

Good luck!

SaraTV
02-25-2009, 04:11 PM
No - silly - the battle is not lost - it hasn't even started yet! This was just the opening salvo. You are just softening up the beach-head with comments like these. If for no other reason, her first acculturated reaction to men doing anything girly is going to be disgust - even if it is only feigned disgust.

I agree. If she doesn't already know about your alternative side, you should consider yourself fortunate to get that reaction. She seems like the kind of woman who wouldn't hate you for it, but has also never really considered it either and would rather keep you just as you are. There is definitely still hope.

LeslieBird
02-25-2009, 04:39 PM
My wife knows I shave my legs before I go out en femme. She isn't thrilled, and says she prefers me hairy, but tolerates it.

Angie G
02-25-2009, 04:40 PM
Well that's a bummer Kristin, I shave my legs I keep them shaved year round and love it.with no hassle from my wife. :hugs:
Angie

KristinSkye
02-25-2009, 08:17 PM
Well that's a bummer Kristin, I shave my legs I keep them shaved year round and love it.with no hassle from my wife. :hugs:
Angie

Lucky! :P

I'm still planning on shaving them when shes not around. I figure once she sees/feels them she might feel differently. We'll see.