PDA

View Full Version : Post-Op...um...Stimulation?

tori-e
02-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I am about 4 mos. post-op and just wondering if others that are post-op are able to enjoy their new "parts". I am well healed and very happy with my decision, but sexually, well, there's nothing there.

Anyone else having similar experiences?

Terri

GypsyKaren
02-21-2009, 02:57 PM
It just takes time and everyone's different, I had some pretty good feelings at 3 months but it took a few months more to nail it down...practice is the key to success.

Karen :g2:

Priss
02-22-2009, 12:38 PM
It happened for me too, right around the three month time. I wasn't really trying, just getting busy doing the dilations. When suddenly I noticed a feeling that I hadn't had for about three months... I gave it a little bit of concentration and wham, my first post-op "O"... It wasn't the biggest one I'd ever had, but it sure felt good and was a huge relief for the question of, would I be able to afterward. From there, it's just been relearning how to make it happen.

Someone who went through all of this back when I first set my foot on the path once warned me, that you can't just toss one off anymore. I suspect that maybe she was having some trouble... Due to financial issues it was ten years later that I had the SRS. I will say that after SRS, while I can't go just toss one off like I did in the past, I do not seem to have any trouble getting the job done when the mood strikes me.

This is definately one of those things that works out differently for everyone. We all know the risks beforehand, but it can be a bit disappointing afterward, if it's not happening like we expect it to. Don't give up, just give it time and self exploration. Most of all, don't stress over it. It is afterall a lot of trauma to happen in the area, it may just take a lot of time for those feelings to return. I went for SRS at the end of 2000, and sometimes it's still quite difficult to tell just where an odd itch is occuring...

Of course as always on these things, YMMV...