PDA

View Full Version : My day out

megan163
02-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Yesterday, I had been expecting my wife to spend a few hours at the salon and was gearing up for a time at home to dress. So, as fate would have it, last minute she cancels her appt. Now I had this pent up desire to dress so strong I couldn't not. So I underdressed and went out with my travel bag in the middle of the day. I managed to complete my change in a mall parking lot. And then off I went to the stores. I was amazed at how I was able to mix and mingle and not get any didn't seem to get read. In fact, at one store an old lady asks me if I knew where the purses were. It felt great getting out. I wore simple understated jeans and top with heals. Nothing too out there. I wanted to blend in and I guess it worked. Only regret is I have no pics. I know it seems risky to dress but when I really think about it I wonder what's the big deal anyway. Why can't we dress however we want, whenever and wherever?

Tracii G
02-21-2009, 10:26 PM
Getting out dressed is such fun isn't it?
Most people don't really notice.Blending is the key.

Persephone
02-22-2009, 02:03 AM
So I underdressed and went out with my travel bag in the middle of the day.

Sounds like you had fun, Megan. Was this a first for you? If so, special congratulations!

JoAnne Wheeler
02-23-2009, 09:33 AM
I wish I knew what we just can't be who were are without worrying about Spouses, family, our jobs and public acceptance

JoAnne Wheeler

Chari
02-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Megan, Great to hear you got "dressed" and went out & about! Can never understand the "limits" of who has to wear what. When a GG wears guy attire, it becomes fashion, but if a CD is out and about in a cute outfit, it creates chaos and everyone wants to run the CD out of town! IMO, not fair standards at all!

Sally2005
02-23-2009, 01:54 PM
Your avitar looks good, so based on that I think you could blend in. Getting out is a lot of fun. Too bad about having to keep it from your wife. Just make sure you get all the makeup off... Also, try to find a way to include her if possible. My wife knows just a little bit...so if she questions me, I'll have to admit that I've experimented with going out, but I'm not really out to anyone...little by little though.