PDA

View Full Version : popularity of crossdressing?

emmicd
02-22-2009, 11:55 PM
i feel crossdressing is a fun and enjoyable experience even though it took me a long time to get here!

i also believe it is a popular subject and a very cool thing to do!

do other crossdressers feel this way about crossdressing?

emmi

linnea
02-22-2009, 11:57 PM
I don't think that I would be here if I didn't think that it was worth talking about.

Celeste
02-23-2009, 12:34 AM
I definitely feel that way,for me many times it is like taking a trip where the final destination is unknown and the journey goes on and on.

CD Susan
02-23-2009, 02:14 AM
Emmi, I enjoy my crossdressing and do consider it a fun thing to do. However I do not consider this as a form of entertainment. I do this because it is a part of who I am and I feel the need to express this part of me by dressing. By doing this I am able to release that woman that lives inside of me. She is a part of me and needs her time to be out.

Tasha McIntyre
02-23-2009, 02:33 AM
Absolutely, I get enormous enjoyment out of seeing Tash appear in the mirror. Crossdressing to me is probably the most fun I have with my clothes on :eek:

In my opinion, it is a popular subject amongst us, but not so popular with non believers, and yes it's a very very cool thing to do. If only we could do it in public with no fear of ridicule.

I think although most crossdressers feel this way, some see it as a curse they could do without!

Cheers

Tash :)

Jazzmine
02-23-2009, 03:22 AM
Your question made me think that crossdressing in many ways is an enjoyable pastime and a lifestyle.

If we were discussing cycling or chess instead of cdng then someone would soon put forward an idea like 'let's form a cd club'. Then we would all get together and practice our hobby every week all round the globe, with a chairman(sorry woman), secretary (we'd all volunteer for that one), and a treasurer (for managing the shopping sprees of course!).:D

For many in hobbyist clubs, their hobby is a total pssion and hence a lifestyle because their whole life resolves around it. Their time involved and money spent far outweighs what most of us currently put into cdng.

CD is similar in that we each have our own varying commitment to the cd cause from occassional to fulltime. So there are the bones here for CD Clubs to spring up everywhere.

Even if there were only 1% of males and females interested, then that would still out-number those in say, camera clubs, or car clubs.

Then, at least, we could all enjoy our life's interest one day a week!

Hugs Jazzmine

Stephanie Stephens
02-23-2009, 07:45 AM
Emmi, I enjoy my crossdressing and do consider it a fun thing to do. However I do not consider this as a form of entertainment. I do this because it is a part of who I am and I feel the need to express this part of me by dressing. By doing this I am able to release that woman that lives inside of me. She is a part of me and needs her time to be out.

I couldn't have said it any better.

gwen cd
02-23-2009, 08:08 AM
That about sums it up for me as well.
Just wish we could be more accepted.

Teri Jean
02-23-2009, 08:14 AM
I have to agree that CDing has somewhat a fad with the general public but for those of us who long to do this it is more of a way of life and not as much as a hobby, sorry Karren. Keli

RickS52
02-23-2009, 08:25 AM
I think crossdressing is becomming more aciepted.
It seems to me that it is "The in thing to do " with more men now.
I have and will always love to crossdress.
:) :) :) :) :)

TommiTN
02-23-2009, 08:28 AM
"If we were discussing cycling or chess instead of cdng then someone would soon put forward an idea like 'let's form a cd club'."

There already are CDing "clubs" in the form of support groups such as Tri Ess and it's afilliates, plus regional/local independent groups. One only needs to google to find them.

Samantha43
02-23-2009, 08:34 AM
It is fun. I have never figured out why it is so much fun, I just go with it and enjoy myself.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-23-2009, 08:49 AM
I don't know how popular it is - I know that it is popular with all of us girls who frequent this website and participate in this FORUM - I guess that there is a really large number of other crosdressers out there who either have not found this website or have elected not to participate on this FORUM or are still in the closet. I have heard estimates ranging from 5-10% of the male population.

JoAnne Wheeler

Ralph
02-23-2009, 04:12 PM
I guess that there is a really large number of other crosdressers out there who either have not found this website or have elected not to participate on this FORUM or are still in the closet.

I was aware of this forum for years but only recently registered because I wanted to make triple-sure my identity was protected; I set up a cheap throwaway email address in a fake name with a fake location, then used THAT to establish a second fake email account with a different free company, and finally used that second layer of anonymity to set up an account here. I suppose any IP logs will still pinpoint my city to the admins, but nothing more personal beyond that.

So yeah, there are WAY more closet CDs out there than any survey will ever turn up. Some of us like being safe and comfortable here at the back of the closet :o

ralph

Ruth
02-23-2009, 04:22 PM
Ralph, I can't imagine who or what you are hiding from, but if They want to get you, they will. Fortunately CDing is not a crime in USA or Europe so I don't think they are devoting much resources to tracking you down.
I sincerely wish you could do this without fear, like many of us.
As for popularity, well, there's as many statistics as there are CDers. I would go for 1 in 40 adult males.

Kate Simmons
02-23-2009, 04:33 PM
Well Ralph, the Cray computers at NSA won't hone in on us unless we use certain key words or phrases. That notwithstanding, the Intel agencies don't consider us a threat evidently(even if they consider us a bunch of harmless kooks) as they know who we all are anyway.:)

NicoleScott
02-23-2009, 08:39 PM
Whatever compels me to crossdress doesn't lessen the entertainment value. It's FUN. It's way more fun to spend alone time making up and dressing than playing solitaire.

Karren H
02-23-2009, 09:30 PM
On the makeup forum I mod the subject comes up all the time... I make sure of that and most all the women are pretty cool with it... and discuss it openly... I figure the more I discuss it out there online the more people get used to it and become comfortable with us as normal people....

StephanieT
02-23-2009, 09:34 PM

:iagree:

crazybiker
03-01-2009, 06:57 AM
Definitely worth getting out to. Now idont know that this was for real, must have been, but a casual guy just was on here, i think he was CD too.. but he was cool with it (obviously) but also had the support of all of his friends and i think that its good becaise i'm 19, 20 super soon, to see that young people can accept it. I've read other posts about how back in the day you'd have just been called a guy in a dress or something, but now certain guys, and appearetnly most girs will accept it, and as reasonalbe questions if your dressed and they figure it out, and are nice about it and just want to know... so eventually i want to get out and be the other me!

Kate Simmons
03-01-2009, 08:36 AM
I wouldn't be surprised if there are quite a few TGs at NSA and other gov't agencies. :drink:Oh, I know there are actually.;):)

TSchapes
03-01-2009, 08:59 AM
i feel crossdressing is a fun and enjoyable experience even though it took me a long time to get here!

It took me a long time too. I find it is necessary to express the feminine side of me. Without it I would go mad.

I don't know about cool, even though a lot of people know I cross-dress, not all want to hear about it.

But I will say that compared to 10-20 years ago, people are curious about it and respectful of my cross-dressing. I've been surprised at how many know that we aren't crazy and that it is an integral part of our personality.

-Tracy

PaulaSF
03-01-2009, 10:30 AM
As some have mentioned, don't feel that the basis/drive of my femme side is entertainment/fun, rather an innate part of myself, but, that said, do think that the "upping the ante" and making that extra effort on presentation, as well as constantly "pushing the envelope" as to activities, outings and venues, might fall into the hedonistic, craving/seeking ever more fun, even excitement type of "classification"

Mebbe my silly grinning visage tells the story- I'm sure one happy gal, when dolled up, and heading out on the town!

cheers,
Paula

KateSpade83
03-01-2009, 03:53 PM
I think it's popular to be unpopular because of crossdressing!

Cary
03-01-2009, 04:10 PM
I have to agree that CDing has somewhat a fad with the general public but for those of us who long to do this it is more of a way of life and not as much as a hobby, sorry Karren. Keli:iagree:

Gabrielle Hermosa
03-01-2009, 04:21 PM

do other crossdressers feel this way about crossdressing?

emmi

Crossdressing is enormously popular in my opinion. Not just to me and other crossdressers, but I believe it is popular well beyond that.

This is a very active site and I bet there are a good number of non-crossdressing eyes peering in on us than just members and non-member cd's. I think there is a lot of fascination about crossdressing and I'm not saying that just because I am one.

Crossdressing is a social taboo and something that most people still make fun of. Because of the stigma attached to it, people will generally NOT express any interest or curiosity about it in conversation. After all, they don't want to be ridiculed. Without the fear of ridicule though, I bet we'd find that there are a LOT more crossdressers walking among us than any statistics currently show. I also bet that a lot of non-cd's who have some kind of interest in the subject would surface. There'll always be haters, but I think we'd find a lot fewer laughers without the social stigma.

I work in a small company with few employees. I know a couple of people who seem to bring up crossdressing from time to time while at work. One likes to poke fun of it and express his amusement about it (because crossdressing is funny to him). One seems to just bring it up off the cuff at times and talks about cd's that he's met or films with cding in them. I think it's safe to say both have some interest and curiosity in it. The guy who makes fun of it is in his mid 20's. The guy who seems to just bring it up in conversation is in his late 50's Perhaps one of them is even a cd. But I don't dare feel out the subject with either, or else I put my neck on the ridicule block at work.

See? Popular, but can't be brought up except among other cd's or known open-minded people.

Anyone agree with this assessment? Anyone disagree? Why?