PDA

View Full Version : Interesting reaction

Niya W
02-23-2009, 01:18 PM
I was asked how often do I interact with other trans folks. I'd say with E-mail almost daily, face to face weekly. The person that asked me this question was kind of shocked. I guess were they are at the trans community is not that large .

JoAnne Wheeler
02-23-2009, 01:23 PM
If participating in this FORUM counts then I interact on a daily basis

JoAnne Wheeler

Ralph
02-23-2009, 03:55 PM
I guess were they are at the trans community is not that large .

Post his/her email address here and we'll set 'em straight!

KIDDING! If somebody did that to me I'd kill them first and then demand an explanation. But do send your friend over this way for an eye-opening look at just how many we are.

ralph ("I am tranny, hear me roar... in numbers too big to ignore")

Tina B.
02-23-2009, 04:03 PM
Niya, when I found my first web site I was surprised at how many of there are. No way an outsider would have any reason to think there is so many of us, or how connected we have become!
Tina

Karen564
02-23-2009, 04:40 PM
If he only knew...LOL

Send him on over here, it will change his entire view on it..

Karen

Niya W
02-23-2009, 05:21 PM
It was a she , and she kind of stumbled upon the CD chat in AOL. I got the feeling she was interested by scared . God bless the net. Allowing those that are closeted to explore them selfs . Now only if she was over 21 :(

Nicki B
02-23-2009, 05:42 PM
I guess were they are at the trans community is not that large .

Or just not that visible? ;)

Niya W
02-23-2009, 05:49 PM
Well thats true. You do have to go looking some times .

Teri Jean
02-23-2009, 09:24 PM
When I found the site here I was suprized that there are so many and fairly close by. But then I was looking for support, for those who stumble on to a site like this it could be sensory over load. Got to love the internet. Keli LOL

Beth785
02-23-2009, 11:12 PM
Some times people only see what they want to see. If they don't know how to wrap their minds around something different, they don't know what to think.

I live in a pretty conservative area, so I have only ever seen one other CD'er. And that was many years ago. But, thinking about it, what if I have seen another one, but it passed through my mind as a GG.

StephanieT
02-23-2009, 11:28 PM
I am guessing that less than 10% of us are on this site. Then there are another 10% on Craigslist looking for something more. That leaves another 80% on other sites or not online at all.

PretzelGirl
02-24-2009, 10:39 PM
I look at it a different way. I don't think many in the general population go on-line to chat on message boards. Add that to there being many message boards on this topic, and I don't think anywhere near 1% of the CD/TS/Whatever are here on this board. If you just take our numbers against the worldwide population, then this is a miniscule percent. And if 10% of the crossdressers posted here, there is no way I could keep up with reading all the posts. :D

tamarav
02-25-2009, 09:21 AM
I have had over 50 transformation clients that had never heard of this site or some that don't even have computers! I am amazed at the diversity of our community and the lengths we do to to maintain our own sphere of protection.

(Of course I turn everyone on to this site, hopefully some of them will actually take a look)

Tami

Hali
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Not many CDers know about this site and for those who know about the site not many CDs appreciate the ristrictions on this site, even though it is the restrictions that bring integrity and maturity to this forum.