PDA

View Full Version : Hormones

jruiz
02-23-2009, 04:32 PM
It's amazing how some of you look like. I love to watch and visit the photos and videos section.

In my opinion, photos tell the truth. Sometimes, the pink fog makes me think I look great, but when I take a picture and see myself, a very powerful fan dissipates all the pink fog away and shows me a guy in a dress (or more often, a muscled guy in a too tight top).

The worst thing is that most people would not consider me a huge or muscular guy. I guess that the women's tops highlight my manly arms, or maybe arms is a feature I pay too much attention to (I love girls with nice slim arms)

No matter how much effort I make in my make up, I think I will never pass unless I cover a lot.

My weakest points are my face (specially 5pm shadow that as I said before, shows up at 10am), and my arms-shoulders-back.

Sometimes, I'm so disappointed about my look that the urge is scared away for weeks.

I really think that for having such beautiful arms and girl face as many of you have is impossible without hormones. For me, this is out of question (just my personal choice), but just wanted to know. How many of you are into hormones? Is it impossible to look that good without hormones?

Lisa Golightly
02-23-2009, 04:37 PM
I'm on hormones but the photos in my gallery are all pre-hormone. I'm doing my first batch of 'hormone' photos soon.

Kate Simmons
02-23-2009, 04:41 PM
Nah, I'm all guy Hon.:heehee: It mostly has to do with lighting and angling when taking the pics. On some of my older risque shots, you'd swear I was taking hormones but nope, never have.:)

JoAnne Wheeler
02-23-2009, 05:03 PM
I sympathize with you - I look like a tackle on a football team - no amount of hormaones or weight reduction is going to change that very much.

The Solution - just enjoy being who you are - yes, we would all like to look like some of our sisters on this FORUM - but you know, so would a lot of GGs

Just enjoy being the best girl you can with what you have to work with - I actually feel that more credit should go to those of us who are burdened with too masculine bodies, who can transform ourselves into reasonably good females - will we ever get to be in the beauty queen level, no, but that is all right - just be the best looking lady that you can with what you have to work with

JoAnne Wheeler

Ashlie Marie
02-23-2009, 05:34 PM
no hormones for me yet either.. maybe a million years from now but I love both parts of me lol.. I am however going to start progestreone cream this week. both my doctor and laser treatment place have told me that it will help soften my skin and shrink my pores. I might end up with little puffy titties. but oh well more for my wife to love lol. we will see how I feel in 21 days though lol., ?At least I know it wont mess with the male side of me.

hugs,
AShlie

Persephone
02-23-2009, 05:52 PM
No hormones here . . . at least not yet. Personally, I'd go for hormones and/or breast implants, but my spouse doesn't want me to go there.

I do take Proscar (finasteride). I started a thread [click here] about it (http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=101473). It isn't a hormone, but it decreases the change of testosterone into the form that causes male pattern hair loss. Teddie told me that finasteride can also help slow beard and body hair growth. It may also result in some breast development.

I've had electrolysis and laser on my beard and believe that was one of the best things I've ever done for my girlself. The other two were to join Weight Watchers and an "all-women" 30-minute exercise center.

And age seems to have been good for me. I've definitely lost my pretty, but the world pays less attention to old ladies, and I seem to have developed a common age-related "male" condition in which some cells begin to lose their Y (male) chromosome. About 15% of my body cells are now XO instead of XY.

Nicki B
02-23-2009, 06:00 PM
In my opinion, photos tell the truth.

It's not that hard for people to make photos tell lies, or at least enhance the truth? Meeting people IRL is surely the real test - but some folk are born lucky... :sad:

BUT - I don't think taking hormones is a wise idea if all you want is to look good?

For a start, you only have what you've got to work with - they're not a magic wand - but if all you worry about is looks, hormones have many other effects..

Visit a good makeover artist, used to working with transgirls, and see what they can do for you - see what is possible, first?

Kelli Michelle
02-23-2009, 06:07 PM
Beard shadow isn't too much of problem for me. What I have is covered pretty well, by most foundations. There are products out there that can really help with that. Just do a little research on some of the transgender sites. Considering that I have, mostly anyway, a guy face, I can look what I think is "reasonable".

I am tall, about 6'1". But people have always considered me to look slim (even though, really, I am pretty normal. I would say try to lose a little of the love handles and tummy, and you'd be amazed how well you'd look.

In re. to clothes, there are also guides (think women's guides) that show you how to minimize shoulders, tummy, legs, etc. Those would work for us too. Further some of the tg clothes sites, make clothes especially for men, which helps immensely.

I know that it would be difficult for me to pass in the light of day, like in a mall. But if I dress appropriately, don't act like I am hiding something, and go about my business, I find i get very few looks or comments. I have seen very many women that look pretty masculine (no disrespect intended) and manly, even with long hair.

I am not all that worried about passing completely to be honest. It has taken me a while to work myself around that, but here I am, and I am happier for it. People that I have met in tg friendly places, don't seem to mind either. They like me for me, and crossdressing is just something i do.

Keep trying and just do the best you can do. You will get better at everything, and probably feel better about yourself as time goes on.

myfanwy
02-23-2009, 06:11 PM
I too have been on finasteride and also tabphyn, which I am told is similar, for about three years. My beard growth is a lot slower than it used to be, I could easily shave about once in three days without it noticing and as far as body hair is concerned, I have never really been hairy but now it has virtually disappeared. I find I have to remove about three hairs from my chest about twice or three times a year. Likewise my arms and legs. I have had enough bust to need a bra since I was a teenager, but it has definitely increased in recent months. Incidentally, I am on amlopidine as well, it all helps. Unfortunately, I do not think I pass any where near as well as I did some years ago, so I do not go out dressed as often as I used to. Perhaps I should get a grandmotherly looking wig so that I could look my age.

Kate Simmons
02-23-2009, 06:17 PM
As I've said many times, being a CD is like being a magician. We employ illusion and use the art of misdirection sometimes to pull off the look. No hormones are required for that, just imagination.:)

Kitty Sue
02-23-2009, 06:24 PM
I totally commiserate with you. I am the same way! Just yesterday I was sighing over when I was little and people always confused me with being "such a pretty little girl." Boy have I changed. Big manly hands, big flat ,manly feet, busy eyebrows. I just shout man now. OH well that's nothing that a few drinks can't cure I suppose.:drink::drink::drink:

Intertwined
02-23-2009, 06:50 PM
A very wise person once told me

" Its not getting what you want, its wanting what you got "

Make the most of what you have and enjoy it.

And as far as the photos go, as the saying goes, a photo is worth a 1,000 words, but, those words can be lies, trust me, I edit photos for a hobby.

In the follow 3 photos, 2 are the real me, one is doctored.
http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=9650&albumid=927&dl=1232199706&thumb=1http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=11188&albumid=927&dl=1234748158&thumb=1http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/picture.php?pictureid=9987&albumid=927&dl=1232602284&thumb=1