PDA

View Full Version : The finished article

Stephanie Mancini
06-20-2005, 03:14 PM
How much thought do we girls put into choosing the right accessories such as jewellery, bags and shoes to compliment our chosen outfit, it does seem some of us girls are guilty at times of letting ourselves down in this area (and i hold up my own hand here) and only in afterthought do we wish we had chosen a bit more wisely, no doubt about it the accessories we select can make or break the look we are trying to acheive and are every bit as important as the clothes we wear, jewellery for instance is like a perfume, it says so much about the individual, sometimes fate or even luck plays a part when a certain piece of jewellery just seems to work miracles with most of our wardrobe as indeed does a favourite pair of shoes, my own favourite piece being a silver chain with a teardrop stone in a silver mount, much better the package tied with ribbons and bows than the package with paper and string!

Steph

Julie York
06-20-2005, 04:53 PM
Accessories?

Must get some. Soon. Possibly.

I think (seriously) accessories are for the very seriously minded CD. Or worrying about them is anyway. It's like the TG equivalent of having a personally handmade snooker cue. It's a different league. But I do admit I am a rather primitive in my finished look. Probably because the only person who gets to look is me. If I was going out then maybe I'd care more.

MonaSmith
06-20-2005, 05:08 PM
I never really used to be into accessories, I had a few bits that I would use no matter what the outfit. But since getting friendly with, and coming out to, my manager at work, I have a new outlook on things. She dresses fantastically well, she always looks amazing, no matter if she is dressing up or down. she puts together outfits and accessorises so well and has been imparting her wisdom to me :)

Mona xx.

Jerry
06-20-2005, 05:23 PM
Whether it's eating cake or dressing, I love the icing. Because my wife allows me to dress (when all alone) at home, I have a whole jewelry box, rack of purses, hair clips & bows, etc.

Last week I sat in envy in my favorite coffee shoppe (drab) over a woman about my size with this lovely pair of black pumps with white stitching and a purse to match. I'd all but given up on most ladies today with that style.

The more you get, the more you want! Aweful, isn't it. ;)

Hog hugs. Jerry

Jen_TGCD
06-20-2005, 05:47 PM
Before I ever bought any lingerie... dresses... shoes... I was purchasing jewelry!!! I have over a hundred pair of clip-on earrings, about 40 necklaces and a bunch of bracelets, watches and rings. There is also about 50 scarves, 30something pair of shoes, assorted colognes, hair clips, purses and clutches... Oh! ...and sunglasses! :D

Funny thing is... I tend to wear a simple gold necklace or pearls, gold earrings and one of three pairs of heels, most of the time.

But... if I ever need something different... I'm prepared!!! :smug:

Holly
06-20-2005, 06:12 PM
Stephanie, I agree 100%. Nothing finishes off an outfit like accessories, be it bracelets, a necklace, rings, a pin, a hairbow or clip, whatever! And it's so much finding just the right thing to go with what you're wearing. It's just amazing how much accessories can change, not only your look, but your attitude as well.

Ava Mouse
06-20-2005, 08:50 PM
Accessories make the difference!

A headband can make a blah wig into wow! Use the headband to shape your wig. Fashion or simple hair pins, too. Most CD's just plop on a wig. Experiment with it a bit!!! Women do it! Take the time to experiment...

A femme watch, bracelet, anklet, necklace, no matter how simple, will add to your seriousness when you go out in public... The seriousness with which you present yourself will add to how much respect you get from others when you're read. i.e. "This isn't just a guy in a dress, he takes it seriously and KNOWS WHAT HE'S DOING..." Think about it... Attention to detail will ALWAYS help your presentation.

DON'T BE SLOPPY, women are NOT sloppy. Well, not the women I respect anyway... :p

Sharon
06-20-2005, 09:01 PM
I never even considered accessories until I started venturing out of the house. That means I now have a wide selection of jewelry, paricularly pearls which I think are singularly feminine. I have also acquired several light-weight jackets and a shawl, as well as two winter coats, hats, scarfs, and gloves. And it would be absolutely impossible to go out without a purse or pocketbook, of which I have three, all in either black or neutral so that they can be used with just about any outfit.

Jadeanne
06-20-2005, 09:34 PM
I just dress femme around the house (so far), but when I dress, I always try to coordinate shoes, jewelry, and more lately, purse.

I have a few pieces of costume jewelry I inherited from my late mother, my wife shares almost everything except her pierced earrings (but that has changed since I bought adaptors) and shoes (different sizes). I have bought earrings, necklaces, and bracelets, mostly from rummage sales and dollar stores. My wife buys me little gifts (including 2 watches) once in a while.

I have arthritis in my fingers and don't wear rings.

I have 12 pairs of womens shoes and only 2 pairs are black.

I have a few purses and my wife lets me borrow hers. I do have a matching set of shoes and purse - pink with faux pearl trim.

I haven't done hair accesories yet with my wigs, but most of them are curly or wavy.

Jadeanne

Stephanie Mancini
06-21-2005, 12:15 AM
Before I ever bought any lingerie... dresses... shoes... I was purchasing jewelry!!! I have over a hundred pair of clip-on earrings, about 40 necklaces and a bunch of bracelets, watches and rings. There is also about 50 scarves, 30something pair of shoes, assorted colognes, hair clips, purses and clutches... Oh! ...and sunglasses! :D ]

Funny thing is... I tend to wear a simple gold necklace or pearls, gold earrings and one of three pairs of heels, most of the time.

But... if I ever need something different... I'm prepared!!! :smug:

Well a girl does need oodles of choice Jen

Fionax
06-21-2005, 12:51 AM
If you don't accessorise it's like just hanging a picture on the wall without a frame. A lousy frame can ruin its look, but a carefully chosen frame will lift the ordinary into something dramatic. In my book all those little extras makes a real girl, classy bracelets and rings just make an elegant hand

Hugs

Fiona

Wendy me
06-21-2005, 01:02 PM
yes thats all part of the outfit always looking for rings and things............and it gives you more shopping time...........

DonnaT
06-21-2005, 02:40 PM
I never even considered accessories until I started venturing out of the house.

Me too. But they do finish off the outfit. A nice fem watch, bracelet, necklace and earings.

windycissy
06-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Accessories are some of the funnest things about being a girl. And they are so important to passing! Not only will a colorful scarf conceal your Adam's Apple, and feminine eyeglasses hide your bushy eyebrows - the more distractions you create, the less likely a passerby will be to zero in on your obvious imperfections. I especially agree with Ava's suggestion about using clips, hairbands, etc to shape and pretty up your wig. Don't overdo it, though - one tip real women learn is to put on all the jewelry, accessories etc you feel like, then take one thing off before you head out the door. Ask Windy (http://snurl.com/askwindy)

spaskinstyle
06-21-2005, 03:20 PM
Ditto What Windy Said!

Theresa