PDA

View Full Version : Nurturing Both sides.....

Lisa Catherine
02-24-2009, 11:08 AM
I first came out of the closet and out in public en femme for the first time at SCC 2008, and have never looked back since! :daydreaming: I love getting the opportunity to "doll up" and frolic around in public as well, but I'm also in the military, so I HAVE to be cautious about where and when I can go out en femme, thus I only go out in public in a big city that's a few hours' drive away.
I got a piece of advice from a well-known longtime crossdresser and fellow vet at SCC, and that is to feed and nuture your male self as well. Gina Lance has some really good advice that parallels it in her Book "Get Dressed" when she says (I quote) "Getting dressed and going out to meet others for the very first time is probably one of the most exhilarating moments of your life." And "The release you receive is tremendous and you deserve it." She goes on to describe the "All About Me Syndrome" where "newbie" crossdressers tend to overdo it, and CD'ing basically takes over. Anyway, it's in pages 96-97 of her book, that's where I got the quotes from.
Anyway, my friend's advice parallels that, and I got to do that this weekend. I took part in the German Armed Forces Military Proficiency Badge competition this weekend. It started with swimming competition, followed the next day with athletic and shooting competition, followed up with a 30K road march with a loaded rucksack (GI backpack with frame). I finished with flying colors, and got my badge, I'm still good and sore, but proud as well.
For many years, I hated myself and considered myself a freak, but not any more. SCC 2008 was where and when I got to unleash, become, and truly know and love my femme self, and let her out in the sunlight!:hugs: Afterward, I found me enjoying being my male self like I never had done before. My stress and anxiety levels were lower than they ever had been before, I slept better, etc.. I'll still go "doll up" with some trusted fellow CD'ers and go have a ball, but I've found out that I really enjoy doing things for my male persona as well. As for me, I have no urge to transition, I know who and what I am, and I also love and respect those who go on and "go fulltime" or transition, you're each an individual person, and you're doing what works for you!:hugs::daydreaming: Anyway, *OUCH* (my back's still good and sore:o)what're your thoughts? Me, I enjoy going target shooting, fishing, or competing as much as I love to go out en femme and go shopping, dining, etc.

Jess_cd32
02-24-2009, 11:29 AM
I am were you are now, I've accepted that side of me and embrace it now rather than deny it or despise it. I'm finding through research thats another stage we evole into as cd's, some of us anyway.
The final stage as I've read is to join the two persona's into one thinking/acting individual. This final stage it said is when a cd can give up the clothing part of it, and alot have chosen not to go there.
I feel the same as them, I'm complete now but that includes the clothing as well, they can keep that final stage its not for me either.

JoAnne Wheeler
02-24-2009, 11:34 AM
While I would truly love to be able to live full time crossdressed (not SRS), I am not ready for that with my current marital and financial and social obligations

JoAnne Wheeler

Kate Simmons
02-24-2009, 11:37 AM
None of the things you mentioned are really gender specific. The real key to being successful in life is to enjoy being who you are.:)

tracigirl_tv
02-24-2009, 11:43 AM
Congratulations on getting your badge Lisa! Now you need an outfit to wear it with :)

xxx

Traci

Sarah...
02-24-2009, 11:44 AM
Interesting stuff. I don't think I can cope with having two "sides". There's just me and so it's easy enough to nurture all of me! I do whatever I'm interested in regardless of whether or not it is traditionally "regarded" as a gender-specific activity.

Like I said to my family - I'm still me, I still like to do what I do, I'm just going to be doing it as a woman. So that's more or less what you're saying Lisa C, I think - just from a TS angle.

Sarah...

sarahNZ
02-26-2009, 08:35 PM
I also have come to the stage where I can enjoy my fem time (although I have not steped out in to town for the same sort of reason, I must be carefull as almost every one in this and surrounding towns knows me or my ex), although I also enjoy my male time (probably a good thing in the circomstances)