PDA

View Full Version : Hand bag help

Jonien
06-20-2005, 04:00 PM
So i've spent hours getting ready to go out my makeup is as good as it gets, gold sparkle dress, shoes and my best cerly wig, rings earrings necklace and braclet all matching, keys in my hand right i'm ready to go! but wait a sec where do I put my wallet no pockets I had forgot, I do not have a handbag which brings me to the main question?
Do I need a veriety of bags or is there a versetile type one can get away with for most outfits, I do like to match But that would mean a new bag for every outfit and that is a lot of £s or do I just try to match with my shoes.
Could do with some advise :confused:

JoAnnDallas
06-20-2005, 04:12 PM
My wife has three handbags. One is a sholder bag and the other has a handle, and the third is small dress bag. She wears the sholder bag most of the time. It is black and goes with just almost everything.

I bought myself a small brown sholder bag. I holds all I have and looks great.

Deidra Cowen
06-20-2005, 04:27 PM
I just have one...a black shoulder strap deal. I thought it was going to be a pain in the butt. But I quickly grew attached to it. I love the compartments for money and my credit cards. My femmy walk seems to benefit the minute i pull the strap over my shoulder too.

By the way as i understand it your purse is supposed to match your shoes...I think that is right. So black purse ...black shoes. I try too to have my belt match up. ;)

Jerry
06-20-2005, 05:34 PM
As a shoe gal, I tend to put my money there. Especially since they are mine and I can't share. My wife is a purse girl. So I get to wonder around that part of the department store each Christmas or birthday. I've come to appreciate how different and wonderful they are. And, even en drab, you'll get nothing but love from the clerks at a purse counter.

Like most things, a nice bag or two with the basics covers many uses. Many purses have a longer strap for over the shoulder use. They can be tucked in or removed if you want to carry it by the handles. Get a black one and a tan one to start. Then, the sky's the limit.

Watch the other women in the mall. They'll show you what's hot!

Hog hugs. Jerry

Khriss
06-20-2005, 06:05 PM
-great advice here,, I've aquired several beauty's at thrift stores and garage sales,hmm odd looks too perhaps ,hehe,,but,, basic black,large , comfortable straps, and 'safety' snap closure are the best-, 4-Me,,, though I've now -many to match the "shoes and en-semble' " right? good hunting eh!? xx"K"

JoAnnDallas
06-20-2005, 06:23 PM
I though mabey some of you would like to see the one I bought.

Khriss
06-20-2005, 06:31 PM
sure joann , perhaps just "rename "it" like hmmm-"jealouse?"- hehe-"K" ( like- I need more stuff-NOT!?)

Fallen Angel
06-20-2005, 06:34 PM
i have four,2black one brown and a white one for the spring and summer. the one black hand bag can be used for dressy dress as well mine are about medium. just big enough for a purse,cellphone,lipstickand purfume. cant see carrying a big hand bag around my self

jo_ann
06-20-2005, 07:16 PM
geez, if there's one thing I can't stand about my wife, she seems to buy a new bookbag or purse every month. I think she's finally happy with the purse and laptop bag she's got, I just hope neither ever breaks.

Jonien
06-21-2005, 05:15 PM
I just have one...a black shoulder strap deal. I thought it was going to be a pain in the butt. But I quickly grew attached to it. I love the compartments for money and my credit cards. My femmy walk seems to benefit the minute i pull the strap over my shoulder too.

By the way as i understand it your purse is supposed to match your shoes...I think that is right. So black purse ...black shoes. I try too to have my belt match up. ;)

My thanks Deidra I have now got myself a nice little black sholder bag with a little pocket for my phone stolen from my wife, But I must admit I did't feel right at first.

and thanks to you all for your most helpfull replyes with out you I would still be in the closet.