PDA

View Full Version : Influencing things

Toni_Lynn
02-24-2009, 06:07 PM
So, I was taking a shower last night, using some nice body wash that my wife just bought. I had a lovely feminine scent. My mind wandered back to the thought that last week we went to K Mart and I bought a new variety of Secret deodorant, again in a lovely femme scent.

I smiled as thought back to how a few years ago I participated in some surveys and in-home product trials en femme. I registered at the website for a few well know and definitely not spammy research companies. Before I knew it, I invited to participate in some surveys and product trials for soap, shampoo, and other other items that won't get mentioned -- all of the products oriented to women - Secret deodorant, Dove soap, Olay moisturisers, etc.

And so I'd try them out and fill out the feedback websites all to have my data be tabulated with the rest of the women in the survey.

And thus -- my opinion as a crossdresser played some small part influencing the advertising, packaging and formulation of products used by women all across the USofA.

Of course I over estimate my influence -- just for fun -- but still ....

Anyone else ever done this?

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Kate Simmons
02-24-2009, 06:25 PM
I think they need a whole new demographic designation just for folks like us Toni Lynn.:)

JoAnne Wheeler
02-25-2009, 09:30 AM
Well, Arianna is correct - we need to let these people know that we are crossdressers and that we are a truly significant part of the economy and that on a per capita basis, we probably buy more FEMININE clothing, shoes, wigs, lingerie and make-up that do real GGs and that we represent up to 10%of the male population I think that manufactures othe than MAC would start to really cater to us as a legitimate economic group.

JoAnne Wheeler

sissystephanie
02-25-2009, 09:40 AM
As Stephanie I enter surveys that cater to women all the time. I have even had responses to some of my survey answers, wanting more info. Once in awhile I tell the survey people that I am a crossdresser! One time, several years ago, I did tell about being CD in a survey about womens fragrances. The survey people wrote back and wanted to know how often I wore perfume, and what particular kinds I liked. I think my answers were going to be used in their advertising. BTW, I wound up getting some nice free samples!!

Senban
02-25-2009, 09:55 AM
JoAnne Wheeler said - "Well, Arianna is correct - we need to let these people know that we are crossdressers"

I agree! Sure, we can influence how things are presented to women by the companies but how about getting them to accept that a lot of their products are used by a lot more of the available market than their traditional thinking might be accepting.

Just this morning I got an email from Next asking me to write a review of some clothes I bought from them recently - skinny jeans and some more knee high boots (it's an obsession I swear :o ). I'm going to do just that and I'll tell them how great I think they are, how comfortable they are and all that sort of stuff and I'll find a way to work into the review the fact that I'm not from their expected targetted market :heehee:

Seriously, how great would it be for a serious advertising campaign to feature the transgendered? :daydreaming: Has there ever been one does anyone know?

pamela_a
02-25-2009, 01:05 PM
I am a member of an online survey group which periodically asks about clothing purchases. I always indicate I'm male and the clothing is for me. I have on several occasions responded to them in a separate email complaining about how they limit their preset options by gender (i.e. since I'm answering as a male they don't provide an option to select that I purchased a dress or skirt) and as a result there is a great potential their data will be skewed. I've received nice replies saying they will forward the concern to the survey developers but so far nothing has changed.

-Paula-

Sharon B.
02-25-2009, 07:27 PM
Yes I have at one time or another.
On a few web-sites that cater to woman's apparel they will ask for your opinion on dresses or other apparel and I will give my opinion and let them know I am a crossdresser.

Angie G
02-25-2009, 08:52 PM
I haven't but it sounds like fun.:hugs:
Angie

Toni_Lynn
02-26-2009, 05:28 AM
Seriously, how great would it be for a serious advertising campaign to feature the transgendered? :daydreaming: Has there ever been one does anyone know?

Several many years ago a chain called Clothestime ran two ads both featuring crossdressers. The tagline in the one was 'If Clothestime time can make (guy's name) look this good, imagine what we can do for a real woman'

One of them is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9V_GlP2ssI

Huggles

Toni-Lynn

Sarasometimes
02-26-2009, 08:57 AM
Several many years ago a chain called Clothestime ran two ads both featuring crossdressers. The tagline in the one was 'If Clothestime time can make (guy's name) look this good, imagine what we can do for a real woman'

One of them is here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O9V_GlP2ssI

Huggles

Toni-Lynn
I wonder how many of us auditioned for that spot? I have the voice down pat! I did an online bra survey with the chance to win a bunch of bras. I often wondered where I would have hid all those bras?
Toni-Lynn, you mentioned Secret (I use unscented). i read an article about a pro basketball player who wore Secret scented deodorant (I thinkl it was something like Spring Rain or something.
The few times I have a more than a day to dress I always add perfume. I just instantly puts me in a feminine state of mind! A word of caution, they can be tough to eliminate! Anyone have any secrets as to how to better do that (no pun intended).
Sara