PDA

View Full Version : Tried to quit...

Ivana
06-19-2005, 07:07 PM
I am 57 years old and have been crossdressing since 12/13 y/o. Married, have tried to quit a few times but always go back. How many of you have tried to stop "cold turkey?"

Ivana

Katie Ashe
06-21-2005, 08:05 AM
Twice, and I ended up here with U anyways :thumbsup:

Katie

nikki
06-21-2005, 11:32 AM
I stopped for almost 18yrs while children grew up.I hated it, but i did manage to get by with just wearing underwear but it wasn't the same.I started again early this year, the first few times when getting fully dressed and made up i was shaking with the excitement i'd missed it so much.I will never go back to not having Nikki in my life.

Nikki

Kimberly
06-21-2005, 11:33 AM
I tried to stop a couple of years ago: purged (chucked my stuff out) and the feeling never went away...

So I embraced it. :)

Tristen Cox
06-21-2005, 11:41 AM
Tried to quit, why? Thought I was screwed up in the head. Did it twice. first time only lasted a few months. Second time a couple years. I figured I am not harming anyone so what does it matter. Now I quit quitting. There's no way to unbecome who I am inside.

melissacd
06-21-2005, 11:46 AM
Now I quit quitting. There's no way to unbecome who I am inside.

Tristen,

Very interesting turn of phrases :D

Hugs
Melissa

ChristineRenee
06-21-2005, 11:55 AM
Only tried one time. I was in my early 30's I guess and still hadn't come to terms with who I was or why I crossdressed. I seemed to always feel guilt and shame after the fact. So decided to purge everything I had...which at that time could all fit into one suitcase. Within 3 weeks, I had rebuilt my wardrobe and had tripled the amount of stuff that I had originally had. It was the first, and last, time that I purged and the only time that I had ever seriously thought of quiting.

It would be a few more years before I really accepted the person that I was, through the help of therapy, and I have never looked back since. Now I embrace Chrissie and all things about her and wonder why I would have EVER thought of trying to be shed of her. She is who I am...and the best part of who I am as well. Wouldn't...and couldn't...get rid of her even if I wanted to...and why would I EVER want to?;)

Love,
Chrissie:)

JoAnnDallas
06-21-2005, 12:04 PM
I have hidden my dressing from my wife and family for most of my life. I am 56 yrs old and just made my first outing in full female mode. I don't think I could go cold turkey. There are always times when you can dress, even if it just a pair of panties, bra, and slip for a hour or two.

Wendy me
06-21-2005, 12:39 PM
i have stopped a few times not for long and realy became this nasty person for the good of the world and me i will not try that foolishness any more..........

DonnaT
06-21-2005, 12:41 PM
I think I tried a couple of times, when my wife was having such a hard time with it, back in the day. I just can't be sure though, as I've blocked it from memory.

Jennifer_Ph
06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
You'd be better off trying to play pick up sticks with your butt cheeks than quitting CD'ing.... ;)

Rachel_740
06-21-2005, 01:51 PM
Started dressing about 13. Built up a reasonably wardrobe once got my own place (nothing to what I have now though). Went very quiet on the dressing during both marriages, but eventually, after wife 2 kicked me out, I've now had to transition - it's time to live my life for me now, not as others expect.

Anne

Mira
06-21-2005, 06:10 PM
Too many times to count. Now I've decided once and for all that the coroner will have to strip my hose and bra off my cold dead body.

Donna Delite
06-21-2005, 06:16 PM
I've never tried to quit, never had a reason too. Hopefully, my response will always stay the same

Khriss
06-21-2005, 07:22 PM
ouch-gurl,, all these years -PURGES- or denials,,, -- hey IT"S just Me,, and truth is,, I need to -live with-"IT"-sooo xx"K"

Stormgirl
06-21-2005, 09:49 PM
I haven't dressed at all in the past few weeks and seem to be doing ok.

Holly
06-22-2005, 12:09 AM
My suggestion... stop quitting and start celebrating who you are!

GypsyKaren
06-22-2005, 12:31 AM
I've tried to quit a few times over the years, went a year and a half once, and I have purged many times too, but I have vowed to never be so foolish again. You are what you are and I finally accept that.
GypsyKaren

Tristen Cox
06-22-2005, 07:50 AM
My suggestion... stop quitting and start celebrating who you are!
Damn straight! :thumbsup:

kysmet
06-23-2005, 07:34 PM
Once, and that was forced. My second wife was cool with it until after we were married then said, 'No more'. After nine months of hell and the final bang of me doing $1500 worth of damage to our townhome she took half of my wardrobe. I've never purged, unless you consider giving old stuff to Goodwill purging. :D

Okay, maybe twice. When I was much younger and still in the closet, about 11 years old, I buried all these feelings away because of my stepfather and his bs about what a man is and isn't. I thank the day that my friends drug me out of the closet. I will never stop being me ever again. That means both sides of me.

Ericka
'Here to stay'

Julie
06-23-2005, 08:12 PM
I quit quitting.

Tristen, now that's some sound advice! :thumbsup:

Jesse69
06-23-2005, 08:24 PM
I've quit twice and purged twice and I sure miss the beautiful clothes I once had. Did some major thrift shop shopping to find the clothes I once had and found just one junior's dress.

Well, if I quit this time again I won't throw away the good stuff. I'll sell my size 14 to 16 stuff on ebay and keep the rest of my size 12 to 2 clothes stored in the garage - not to be used. If I get a girlfriend who fits those sizes then she can wear my stuff.

My fortitude to quit has lasted from a few days to about 8 months.

JenOmega
06-23-2005, 08:47 PM
If I've learned one thing it's that you certainly can't quit by trying.

I dunno why really. My personal feeling is that if you're compelled to do something, it's probably serving a psychological need. Whether that need is one to express your femininity, your sexuality, or something else, you can't get rid of it by throwing all your clothes in the trash.

I've tried lots of ways of quitting. Actually, before I was a CD, I was a bit of an infantalist. I went through purge/relapse with that. But oddly enough, afer I accepted it and let myself do what I wanted, I gradually lost almost all my interest. Of course, that hasn't been the case with CDing, which has stuck with me... though I never get to do it as much as I really wanted to ;)

Anyway truth be told even years later I sometimes try to quit. When I was first getting started I was scared to death to accept it. I thought if I did I'd probably be starting down a path that led to being outcast from friends and family. Each time I took a step furhter I was fearful of what was next. If today I can accept shaving my legs, what comes next? If today I go out en femme am I going to be trying to alter my nether regions in a few years? So after each step, I'd try to scale it back. Maybe not quit altogether, but try to contain the beast. Try to be "more of a man", to have a more dominant personality, yada yada. Never works.

But while it never worked, none of my fears came to be. Not that it's easy, mind you. But every time I go out I realize I have less to be scared of. I've never had a negative reaction to my CDing - except the time I told my parents I wanted to wear a skirt to class (they "preferred" it remain private). But my friends(male and female) have been supportive. My girlfriend has been supportive. I've gone out and despite some very close calls, nothing bad ever came of it. I'm still happy with my equipment, even if sometimes I wish I had a female body I could switch into (temporarily). (who here doesn't wish they looked better in a sleeveless dress? darn shoulders, always looking awkward).

That's my $.02.