PDA

View Full Version : Older CD's please apply!

janexx
02-26-2009, 12:35 PM
I have been dressing on and off since my Mother asked me to streach some dancing shoes for her when I was 7 years old. I am now just over 60. I try and get out dressed a few times a year and if I go away on business take a kit with me and stay an extra day to enjoy a few hours out as the real Jane.

Curiously, as I get older, I feel I pass much better as I dont have to make the effort to look glamourous but can pass well a a smart Granny - a role, incidently, which I love and feel amazingly relaxed in. Did I say role? WRONG! When out I am completly relaxed and wonderfully "Me". I love passing.

Are ther any other "Granny's" out there who love being out as themselves and what tips can you give me.

Just for the record I seem to pass very well - a big old girl with a smily face and conservative make up. I will confess it's easier in cooler weather when I can wear a coat but try to keep it undone and not use it as camoflage.

I would love to hear from some of you.

My fondest love to all you wonderful ladies,

Janexx

Margot
02-26-2009, 12:38 PM
HI there. I agree that it easier for us older gals to pass. Although my wife prefers I don't go public so I don't. However; I'm dressed at home since I am the retired homemaker.:hugs:
Margot

JoAnne Wheeler
02-26-2009, 12:49 PM
Jane - I have you beat - I'm 64 and proud of it - as I get older, it does seem easier to just blend in with the 60+ year old GGs

JoAnne Wheeler

Karren H
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
Well I'm getting there... 57 next month... . But if anyone calls me a granny.. Please shoot me.. Better yet shoot them.. Lol.

And no friggin way as long as I keep playing ice hockey.. Buyin hair color.. Wigs and makeup I'm I going quietly!! Hahaha

kym
02-26-2009, 12:52 PM
Well I'm getting there... 57 next month... . But if anyone calls me a granny.. Please shoot me.. Better yet shoot them.. Lol.

And no friggin way as long as I keep playing ice hockey.. Buyin hair color.. Wigs and makeup I'm I going quietly!! Hahaha

there is no way your are 57 karren!:eek: you are aging gracefully to say the least.

Karren H
02-26-2009, 01:01 PM
there is no way your are 57 karren!:eek: you are aging gracefully to say the least.

Aint makeup wonderfull?? Lol. Thanks.. Your too sweet!!

TommiTN
02-26-2009, 01:11 PM
HI there. I agree that it easier for us older gals to pass. Although my wife prefers I don't go public so I don't. However; I'm dressed at home since I am the retired homemaker.:hugs:
Margot

As we age the physical distinctions between the sexes begin to blur. Men develop more feminine physical traits, some of us even growing boobs without resorting to chemical or artificial enhancement. This occurs because our testosterone levels drop off, leaving the level of estrogen we all have prortionately higher. GGs don't seem to masculinize but we feminize. Someone said that it's often hard to tell the difference between an elderly man and an elderly woman. I have observed this phenomenon myself.

Annette_boy
02-26-2009, 01:14 PM
Yes it does get easier, as we age we gain more expierence and at 63 I find the position of nice older lady, very pleasant. Some one said of passing in general dress age appropriate and it is true and you don't have to be frumpy with it. I love it.
Hugs Annette

Leanne2
02-26-2009, 01:38 PM
Since reaching middle (old) age I can pass much easier than say 30 years ago. My hair is brown with some gray so it looks like highlights. My man boobs are bigger now thanks to three months of HRT so I don't bother with forms. Padded bras fit me just fine. I love being able to pass in public when I want to. Now if I was just as pretty as Karren I'd be all set. She likes some hockey team; the Blackhawks I think. Leanne

ReneeCD
02-26-2009, 01:46 PM
"GG's don't seem to masculinize"? Apparently, you've never seen women with mustaches! I had a second cousin (MUCH older) that grew a thicker mustache than I ever could.

Renee

renee k
02-26-2009, 01:53 PM
I'll be sixty come October. And I'm a grandparent. I don't think I look sixty, maybe a nice 49. That's what I like about my femself I look alot younger and I feel alot younger.

Huggs, Renee

TommiTN
02-26-2009, 02:17 PM
"GG's don't seem to masculinize"? Apparently, you've never seen women with mustaches! I had a second cousin (MUCH older) that grew a thicker mustache than I ever could.

Renee

I have, and much younger than 50's/60's, so not related to ageing. I prolly should have said "many GGs".

CherylAnne
02-26-2009, 05:31 PM
Karren, I agree, no way do you look 57. BTW, love the Pink Ball Cap in this Avatar.

I have a pink John Deere ball cap that I wear once in a while, as well as my Pink Breast Cancer ball cap.

I will be the big 60 this coming April.

DameErrant
02-26-2009, 05:49 PM
I remember a play we went to some years back, where one of the characters commented to her sister on the travails of aging. She said, "After a certain age we all look like female impersonators."

She worried about looking like a man, we rejoice that we look more like women. I guess it's a matter of you point of view.

I know that I look better as a girl now than I did when I was young.

TerriM
02-26-2009, 05:53 PM
Jane, I agree with you 100%. I am 60 also and love getting out as my femme self. I feel so much myself. I have accepted that my wife will never understand Terri, but as long as I can go out shopping and get my hair done every so often I will be happy. I always have a great time as Terri. I love being able to walk in the mall and try things on in the shops. I dress conservative and love being a Granny. Well I am one in my male mode too and love that too!

Yours
Terri

Ruth
02-26-2009, 05:54 PM
I agree with Renee. I think I look about 10 years younger as a woman! Maybe it's just because I look happier...
(The make-up doesn't hurt either.)

sissystephanie
02-26-2009, 06:09 PM
Where are the "old" people? You ladies are youngsters in your 60'! I am 76, but since I no longer have my wife to do my makeup and wig I never try to pass. Before she passed away 4 years ago we frequently went out as two girls! Although we were both well into our 60's then, people usually thought we were in our late 40's or early 50's. Just good genes, I guess.

BTW, last week I had dinner at a local restaurant. I was talking to the waitress about the meatloaf I had, and how it compared with the kind my wife used to make. I told the waitress my children would not eat any other meatloaf, and she asked me how old my kids were. When I told her 51 and 48 she said, "No way! You are not old enough!" She thought I was was in my mid 50's!!:) Sure made my day. Oh yes, I was dressed completely enfemme, as I usually am when I go out to eat. But, as I said, no makeup and no wig. Just a guy in a skirt and tight top:heehee:

Melanie R
02-26-2009, 06:18 PM
I was 70 on Monday - at least Mel was Melanie is 39. I do find as I get older that passing is much less hassle.

docrobbysherry
02-26-2009, 06:52 PM
Well, not a granny yet. My daughter's still at home, in high school.:)

And as a CD, I've only been dressing for about 11 years. Not all that excited about looking like a gran, when I've NEVER BEEN A TEEN yet!:doh:

However, I AM starting to show my age. As u can see in my avatar!:brolleyes:

TSchapes
02-26-2009, 07:01 PM
But for me I keep my plastic surgeon close at hand. I CAN'T FEEL MY FACE! AM I SMILING? :bonk:

I'm going to do the Benjamin Button thing! Eventually I'll be a teenager in no time!

Love, Tracy

Jenny J
02-26-2009, 07:14 PM
Just turned 59 myself and after a long day at work, I feel like 79. But getting dressed for a support group meeting or just going out :twirl:, I feel like 39, OK maybe 49 but I do feel younger. Its amazing what some make up and a nice dress will do not just in how you look but ego too! :yippee:

Jen

:rose2:

tamarav
02-26-2009, 09:01 PM
Yup, this over 60 Granny is still trying to figure out where the years went....

Pictures in green were taken on my 60th B day

Robynts
02-26-2009, 09:23 PM
I have to look at the bright side. As of last weekend I can now go to Denny's and eat off the Senior Citizen menu! Life is grand, think of all the money I am going to save.

I still refuse to dress my age. I have too many missed years to catch up on. I am gunna wear short skirts until my legs shrivel and fall off.

S. Lisa Smith
02-26-2009, 09:44 PM
I'll be sixty come October. And I'm a grandparent. I don't think I look sixty, maybe a nice 49. That's what I like about my femself I look alot younger and I feel alot younger.

Huggs, Renee
I'm right behind you (November) and I also think I look like a nice 49, not sure that I do, but I think so....

sissystephanie
02-26-2009, 09:56 PM
I'm right behind you (November) and I also think I look like a nice 49, not sure that I do, but I think so....

I think you look like a beautiful 45!!

I firmly believe that you are as old as you think you are! If you think you are old, you will be! when my kids gave me a large party for my 70th (May 2007), I told everyone there that the invitations were printed wrong. They should have said 35th birthday!! Of course no one believed that, but also no one thought I was really 75! They all thought I was younger! None of them had ever seen the glamorous Stephanie!! Created by my darling late wife!!

Edwina
02-26-2009, 11:30 PM

Huggs, Renee

I am with Renee. I will be 74 in April but there is no way I am going to try to dress my age :D

:love:

Edwina

Sally24
02-27-2009, 12:11 AM
At 54 I feel a little young to be a granny, not even a grandpa yet.:heehee: I think you can still wear a "smart look" without being age inappropriate. Even when I'm not at a club I try to dress nicely. Think Jackie O or Anne Hathaway. I do find that the rounding off of my face and an apparent increase in my bust with age don't hurt at all either! Just hoping that my knees and hips hold up so I can still dance with the young ones!
My wife and I this week at Cheesecake Factory for a girl's lunch. I had light makeup on so my eyes don't stand out like I prefer, but you gotta dress the part for a daytime outing.

danacd96
02-27-2009, 02:15 AM
I am so very glad to see that I'm not alone in turning 60yrs old!! I leave my 50s behind in several months from now. I would like to complement all of you on how nice you look. As I begin my 6th decade on this planet its like I think I can do this.:D Getting older that is. Hey its all good!!! Happy Birthday everybody. lv dana

dwyfronwen
02-27-2009, 10:20 AM
I agree with the comments made. We `older` ladies can blend in easier as we have aged and sweetened. I`m nearly 74, and really having a wow, especially out and dressed sensibly. I shop and even had a McMillan badge pinned on my breast the other day in a shopping precinct as I had made a breast cancer donation. I felt great en femme as here. Bron

MsJanessa
02-27-2009, 10:51 AM
But for me I keep my plastic surgeon close at hand. I CAN'T FEEL MY FACE! AM I SMILING? :bonk:

I'm going to do the Benjamin Button thing! Eventually I'll be a teenager in no time!

Love, Tracy

ditto and I feel younger every time I dress

Juanita O
02-27-2009, 11:02 AM
I will be 55 in June,i am a Grandparent. Tamarav you sure don't look 60. Karren i thought you were a lot younger that 57.

DameErrant
02-27-2009, 12:26 PM
I will be 57 in April, but I look very "well preserved." Maybe if I buy a gray wig, I will be less noticable. Or at least less noticed.

Still, not a day goes by that I don't see a wide variety of GGs who I resemble, either in face, hair color and style, or in size and proportions. I think that I will just stop worrying and enjoy myself.

The worst (and the best.) thing that could happen to me is for a GG to tell me that my long hair is "too young" for me.

kristinacd55
02-27-2009, 01:14 PM
You go girl!! I'm just a youngster at 54 :)

julie w
02-27-2009, 01:37 PM
As we get older we are less of a threat in the female pecking order so less
looks by other women, as for me I am 56 my beard is grey now
so less make up is required , and I have been experimenting with grey wigs
and light day make up and I like the look , I want to blend in during the day
I save the glamour for CD evening events where passing is not important

beenherelongtime
02-27-2009, 01:46 PM
i am 73 and although not dressing now, still too large to be believable. i often dream of having (make that daydream) the thin body that enables one to dress in a very stylish gown and look good as the grand dame".

Sasha Anne Meadows
02-27-2009, 03:24 PM
I turned 63 in January. My wife bought me a black sweater dress for my birthday. I am retired and live full time at home as Sasha Anne.

charlie
02-27-2009, 03:47 PM
I'm 59 and I guess the wrinkles, small bags under the eyes and the dimples all soften the otherwise harder male face. When I go out all dolled up I always think that I look a bit like my mother. Now I happen to think that my mother looked quite good, so it is OK! I get my share of compliments, but made my fair share of times too.

janexx
02-27-2009, 05:01 PM
Dwyfronwen,

Go for it girl! You look fantastic!

Much love,

jane

SherriePall
02-27-2009, 05:34 PM
I hope I pass better as I have gotten older. I would hope that I learned something about make-up, clothing, and demeanor over the years. Anyway, I am counting down to having the government send me a paycheck every month.

Leslie Langford
02-27-2009, 09:08 PM
I just turned 60, and have been going out in public as "Leslie" on a semi-regular basis for over 4 years now.

I am lucky in that I am on the slightly pudgy side, which gives me some femme-like curves. I can therefore approximate a female figure with regular shapewear and no additional padding, and have a naturally rounded rear end to go with the man-boobs which can easily fill a B cup with the proper manipulation. While I am 5'10" tall, I am also small boned, so my hands are close in size to the average female's, and I wear a Size 9 - 9 1/2 in a ladies' shoe.

All the necessary pre-requisites for feeling comfortable going out in public en femme were already there, but what finally gave me the needed push was when my beard finally turned completely gray.

I can now shave without fear of the dreaded "5 o'clock shadow" appearing, no longer need to worry how effective concealers or beard covers might be, and can go out all day en femme with only the occasional touch up with regular make-up.

Once that happened, there was no stopping Leslie and she has been out and about ever since with increasing self-confidence.

Wendrme
02-27-2009, 10:08 PM
I will be 65 this year. 65 as a man but feeling 35 as a woman. My male self can't try a new lipstick or a hair color to match Brittany Spears. My male self can't hide the extra pounds of the years but my female side loves her corset. My male self can get a hair cut. My female half can hit the salon and say "Make me beautiful". So it's beautiful that I am. Not much of a choice, is it? 65 going on 35 (at least Wendy is)

Sarah Doepner
02-27-2009, 10:41 PM
I'm 18 with 42 years of experience.

MarieTS
02-27-2009, 10:46 PM
Yup, this over 60 Granny is still trying to figure out where the years went....

Pictures in green were taken on my 60th B day

Tamara--you're 60 going on 40!

Dawn Marie
02-28-2009, 12:48 AM
I'll be 55 this year, but I be damed if I dress age appropriate yet. Still trying to get the twenties out of my system. And thank goodness I don't look my age, but I wish like most that I knew then what I know now.
I do have more mature looking clothes, but I do love the short skirts and dresses too. Just wish I could get out more to wear the clothes I do have.

sharon2
02-28-2009, 02:26 AM
After reading this thread and finding there are others older than me still
dressing up,having recently turned 70 i still love being a girl but as my wife
does not approve it is only occasionally,whenever i am able to i underdress
which does satisfy my need. i enjoy going into dress shops looking at
clothes and trying them on and although the ladies are very helpful i often
wonder if the think what is this silly old bugger doing.

Linda Laman
02-28-2009, 02:44 AM
I turned 60 last July and also think I look younger when fully dressed en femme. I love miniskirts but always wear them at home dressing more conservatively to go out. One wants to blend in rather than stand out. Enjoy your grannyship - I do.

Tina B.
02-28-2009, 02:50 AM
65 this month! I need to loss some weight, but at least fat don't wrinkle!
Tina

JoanFlores
02-28-2009, 08:02 AM
With age (54 for me) comes the experience to dress up as a women of 50, and we pass more easy. I enjoy my age and getting out to a movie, plus I have a female friend who enjoys my company when in fem.

Barb123
02-28-2009, 09:55 AM
At almost 58, I am a lot different now. Society is more accepting and I care less. I can get more processional help with hair and makeup; I can look more femme at my age and still look "good" than I could have years ago.
I think look much younger as a female than a male and a better looking woman than others at my level.. Do you find that?

I am not trying to pick up guys anyway. I like being around women, GG are usually less pretentious and I just like it a lot when a GG notices me and compliments.

We have all learned a great deal though many of your insights and by support and envouragement of many of you, As you have shared and allowed us to see your creation and photos, it has given me and all of us tremendous confidence.
Barb

Denise Anne
02-28-2009, 10:46 AM
I guess I need to join in here also. I am 53 and a Grandpa of 5 beautiful grandkids. Would be fun to get all of us older girls together somewhere for a nice glass of geritol.

beth ann
02-28-2009, 10:57 AM
I'm still in the closet but I dress when my wife is off at work. Black bra, black panties, black thigh highs, and 4 inch heels. Now I need to get a navy blue women's business suit and I will be ready to get out. I enjoy it twice a week. beth ann

Kellicd848
02-28-2009, 11:06 AM
I have reached 60 and still feel like I am much younger. I suppose I could lose a few pounds. Working on it.

Kelli

adrienner99
02-28-2009, 12:11 PM
I am 57 and my style is influenced by ladies' fashions of the late 50s and early 60s, when I was discovering girly things. I try to dress down a bit when going out, but willingly go over the top in private. It's not just how I look, it's how I feel. And I feel wonderful in sating gowns, five-inch heels, red lipstick and dangly earrings...

Sharon B.
02-28-2009, 04:52 PM
I'm going on 55, I seem to want to do it more often and have gotten to a point where I don't really care one way or another who sees me or not. There are some friends to who it would matter and I try to keep to keep it away from them, but to others and my neighbors I don't really care if they see me as a woman or not.

Jeanne Hamilton
02-28-2009, 05:09 PM
As an older cd and a new member I am inspired by the terrific response you got, and are still getting.

Debie
03-02-2009, 09:54 AM
Well I am 55 with 3-kids, 4-grandchildren most people tell me I look younger, I really do not care it is all about how you feel, and I feel very fem right now.

anna kate
03-02-2009, 10:13 AM
Hey Beth Ann, I'm hot on your heels at 69. Been going out of the house about three years now. It's a fun trip, especially if you don't mind being read. Shopping is a large part of my going out, half the fun of dressing is buying. Most times I go with one or both of my nieces. We have lunch out on those shopping days, it's a blast.
Does your wife know? If not, I'd find the right way to tell her, it could open you up to a lot more fun. There are sites that can lead you in that direction, if you have a mind to. Being straight with you though, telling my wife was the hardest thing I've ever done. The results were worth it. Anna Kate

BLUE ORCHID
03-02-2009, 10:31 AM
At sixty six I can pull off a mid fourty look dressing now for over sixty years
and looking to my next sixty years with my wool shaw around my shoulders
low heel shoes and my aluminum walker
.................................................. ...................ORCHID

Eileen
03-02-2009, 10:34 AM
Maturing has a lot of plus! We learn to do our make up, dress,sit, and walk with confidence and confidence is really a big part of what makes us truly feminine. And yes being the woman we have always been, does wonders for emontions and leads to looking and feeling younger! Entering the GOLDEN years we gain confidence and have fewer concerns about what others know or think about us. Here is hoping we all have many years to come and that we will will fill those years with smiles and joy in our hearts!

Eileen

ruthie801
03-02-2009, 10:42 AM
Hi I'm 54 been dressing since I was 12 it never goes away and as I get older the urge has become stronger. Even my wife says she notices my fem side more.

Janet Bern
03-02-2009, 03:04 PM
I am 66 and just started going out dressed last year. Sorry I didnt have the
guts to do it sooner. It is so easy and noone gives me a second look. I shop, eat, and use ladies room. Usually in the day time during the week.
Janet

ann stef
03-06-2009, 08:01 PM
I seem to pass easily with age. I do indeed dress as a granny, dress below the knee, square neck top etc.

Tora
03-06-2009, 10:17 PM
Well 58 and being a grandparent, is alot more fun than I thought. You ladies are inspirational! Karren is such a treat. There still doesn't seem to be much time for Tora. Boo Hooo

CD Susan
03-06-2009, 10:52 PM
I will be 61 in a few days and even though I have been cd'ing since the age of 5 I only started going out last year. I find that it is easier to pass as a mature woman than it is as someone younger. I try to look as good as I can but dressing age appropriate is difficult for me. I do not like wearing a skirt or dress that is much below the knee. I prefer my hemline to be just a couple of inches above the knee. I think my attitude and level of confidence has a lot to do with passing too. I am sure I am read quite often but it does not bother me and no one has ever said anything rude to me. I enjoy going out dressed so much that I do not let what other people think get in the way of it.

RWillow
03-06-2009, 11:09 PM
I'm 69 and have been dressing since I was 8. I have to agree that the older I get the more I want to dress. Just came out to my wife of 47 years this past week and all I can say is I feel great. Not sure how much input she will have or how much involvement but I enjoy the peace of mind.

Haven't ventured out of the house yet but I'm starting to make plans to do so in the very near future. Right now I'm trying to make a conection with anyone locally that might help me get our and about.

Renyta

Shari
03-07-2009, 07:11 AM
Come May I will be celebrating the 22nd anniversary of my 39th birthday.

Seven grandkids, but don't call me a granny.

How can you be that when your brain is stuck at 25?

Leanne2
03-07-2009, 07:21 AM
Karren,
You color your hair? I'm shocked! It that the color of the Steelers? Ha! Leanne

Mollyanne
03-07-2009, 07:42 AM
As we age the physical distinctions between the sexes begin to blur. Men develop more feminine physical traits, some of us even growing boobs without resorting to chemical or artificial enhancement. This occurs because our testosterone levels drop off, leaving the level of estrogen we all have prortionately higher. GGs don't seem to masculinize but we feminize. Someone said that it's often hard to tell the difference between an elderly man and an elderly woman. I have observed this phenomenon myself.

If what you say is true "then bring on my chest" I want a natural full C cup but can't wait that long. If you have the answer, then tell me how to stop the testosterone and increase the estrogen; PLEASE!!!!!!!

:love: Mollyanne

Teri Jean
03-07-2009, 02:00 PM
I'm now 60 plus change and find it great to put on the makeup and wig and turn back a decade or more. I look younger in drab also but the makeup does help. Keli

carhill2mn
03-09-2009, 08:24 PM
I will soon be 71 and I definitely think that it is easier to be accepted as the woman you are presenting (passing?) yourself as, if you are a little older.

sissystephanie
03-09-2009, 10:44 PM
I'm still in the closet but I dress when my wife is off at work. Black bra, black panties, black thigh highs, and 4 inch heels. Now I need to get a navy blue women's business suit and I will be ready to get out. I enjoy it twice a week. beth ann

Sorry, Beth Ann, I have you beat by several years. I am 76 and have been dressing since age 6 or 7!! As my previous post said, I don't try to pass anymore because I am not good with makeup or my wig. But I certainly go out dressed, because I like to!!!!

Lara Smith
03-10-2009, 03:28 AM
I turned 59 last month. Haven't dressed in such along time. I miss that part of me. I just wish I could have been able to be the "complete me" since my teens when I knew there was no going back or changing. God knows what I could have done with my life had I the courage then to be who I am.

JillHill
03-10-2009, 08:08 AM
I'm (as a young child would say) 61 1/2, with four children and getting ready to preparing to for my 10 grandchild. I dont think old but sometimes by body says I am,

For me the difference is that I am more relaxed going out in public or even not worried if people find out. I want them to see and attractive lady, but if I do not pass it does not matter. Jill

suchacutie
03-10-2009, 11:53 AM
I'm 58 and just started dressing at 55, so I have no perspective on the age-related issues. I'm so glad this thread started since it matches what I hoped was the case, i.e. it's easier to blend in with age. I'm thinking that we probably are just less scrutinized with age so it might be easier to slip under the radar, even with little experience. Regardless, you are all so encouraging and I'm so happy to be me (us...whatever!).. :)

tina

Margot
03-10-2009, 12:01 PM
I became a Granny for the first time March 5. It's a boy.

:hugs:
Margot

insearchofme
03-10-2009, 04:15 PM
Congrats Granny Margot!!!!!

Sasha Anne Meadows
03-10-2009, 05:15 PM
Turned 63 in January. Retired and enfemme mostly. So happy.

Jae
03-10-2009, 06:47 PM
I started drawing my old pension on 3rd February (65) but have no intention of retiring gracefully. Having only started dressing last May, Nicki B tells me I am going through my adolescent stage with all the joys and tears of a typical teenager. I DO NOT WANT TO GROW OLD!. Having said that what do you think of the grey hair in the photograph taken today? And yes the avatar is me taken last 10 Sep.

RobynB
03-11-2009, 08:06 AM
I'm 62 and trying to grow old gracefully.

Sue Too
03-11-2009, 09:16 AM
I'll be reaching the big 60 in June but my mother passed on some of her genes. I've been told many times that I look like I'm in my late 40's. The face is fine but the skin around the neck kind of gives me away.

Yes I do think it is easier to pass. Dressing age appropriate calls for less severe clothing and maybe more sensible shoes. This doesnt mean you can't look nice, just not the sex kitten that many of us dreamed about in our younger years.

Susan in Phoenix 76 Today

Annaliese
03-11-2009, 09:40 AM
I will be 56 in April and granny is ok have 6 grandchildren the oldest was 10 on monday and the youngest will be 1 in April.

vanessaa
03-11-2009, 11:21 AM
Hi im vanessa, love the older look

Samantha Kelsey
03-11-2009, 11:58 AM
Yes I agree that it get much easir as we gt older. I'm 58 but don't like to think of my femme self as that age. I think we find it easier because we are more experienced in life and tend to be less demanding of others or ourselves. Most of us tend to be much more easy going and more confident in life. I love life now but the down side is that of course age takes its toll. What a shame.

carol anne
03-11-2009, 03:22 PM
:)while reading the various entries I decided I had a word or two to add. we do have more chances to venture out when older. I started dressing at age 13, made my first daylight appearance when I was 77. That was 7 years ago and I still manage to go shopping and have lunch with other cd friends.
There really isn't any time limit on enjoying our selves so join in.
Carol Anne:)

gennee
03-11-2009, 03:40 PM
I'm sixty (61 in August) going on 41. I love dresssing up and I'm happy that I started late in my life. I can be forever young in spirit. I sometimes have difficulty convincing some that my sixty. :D I'm not a grandparent yet but when I am, he or she may be a chip off the old block.

Gennee

Donna tv
03-11-2009, 04:52 PM
No grandchildren yet will be turning 56 towards the end of the month. I am trying to fight off the years that are creeping up. Bless all of you who are gracefully facing the "mature" years, personally I get a little bummed about it but sure beats the alternative, so I guess it's "Bring it On" just have to start buying the age defying make up.

Claire3
03-11-2009, 05:10 PM
i like this thread.im hitting the big 50 this year and this thread is making me feel like a teen again.thanks girls.:love: