PDA

View Full Version : No Turning Back

Donna Delite
06-20-2005, 10:28 PM
In the last 4 months or so, hmm, about as long as I've belonged here, well, anyway, I've had the overwhelming urge to go out dressed. For 25+ yrs, strictly been an indoor dresser. But ever since I've got the "bug" to go out I don't get dressed nearly as often. I still think about it all the time, but my thoughts are always of going out. I feel like once I finally get out this will help me appreciate the indoor dressing again. A time and place for everything, right? For me, I think I need to take this next step, it's an urge that's not going away. I know everyone will encourage me to do it, and you're right, but I've been using some "logistical" excuses so far and haven't done it yet. I was wondering how many other girls have gone through this??

kimgkim
06-21-2005, 01:40 AM
I go through the same thoughts and urges as you Donna knowing that I too will make that jump and venture outside someday.
Check out Tri-ess I have read a lot of good testimonials about them

Julie
06-21-2005, 02:05 AM
Donna I think the majority of us here have or have had the exact same feelings as you. The urge to move beyond the four walls of where we live dressed is a validation of ourselves, for some it is something that will never be realised but that urge will never go away.

I at least moved beyond my four walls to where I have a couple of friends where I can go and be myself. No not outside yet but somewhere where I am not alone and a step towards that day, whenever that might be.

I'm sure when you choose the next step you will do so safely and in a way you are comfortable with. Good luck.

~Julie~

Emily Ann Brown
06-21-2005, 07:43 AM
I have fought those same urges for a couple of years. So far I have not taken the big step, but I have had little practice runs that are giving me the courage to take the big plunge. Like yesterday....went driving in heels and stockings and decided to stop and pump gas in heels. A little thing I know, but boy did it feel great ! Couple of weeks ago I tried on a pair of heels at WalMart. Yes I got caught bigtime, but what a satisfying feeling anyway. I'm trying to set up a bag lunch in the car with another local CD soon. If I get that far I know i'll be out in the parking lot by the time lunch is over. Set a little goal and try it. You will find it incredible.

Emily Ann

Jenny Beth
06-21-2005, 08:56 AM
Donna, many years ago I had the very same urges, I just had to get out. I had managed to pull off a few short walks but even that wasn't enough. Eventually I contacted a CD support group and doors opened that I never thought were possible. Back then there was no internet to search out groups but today it's at your finger tips. Joining a group is a great place to start, it gave me the confidence to eventually get out on my own. But many are happy to just meet in a friendly environment and go no further, it's up to you how far you take this.

Tristen Cox
06-21-2005, 11:51 AM
Donna stop talking and just get your arse out there, be spontaneous. It works. The more you think and doubt your self the less chance you have of walking out the door. Make a plan and go for it ;)

Ariel
06-21-2005, 12:02 PM
One of my hobbies, scuba diving, has a rule that says "plan your dive, and dive your plan". I think that this relates to this particular post, as it seems to be what everyone is saying. If you so desire to go out dressed, do the work to find someplace you will feel safe, see how girls dress there, (have been told that it is very important to not over or under dress to pass) plan the outing, and follow the plan. I think that you will have a very fun time.

Hugs,
Ariel

JoAnnDallas
06-21-2005, 12:09 PM
I have to agree, it's scary the first couple of times. I know, I just made my first solo all female outing this morning. You don't have to look like a model or superstar. Most of us settle with not being really noticed when out. As one that now has crossed that barrier, it's not as bad as you may think. If you look half way female and dress consertive, your'll do find.

Wendy me
06-21-2005, 12:23 PM
my veary frist time out was late at night in the back yard....i have moved on to going places always carefuly planed .....and sadly not as often.....if and when you do go out be careful and above all else be safe...........

Donna Delite
06-21-2005, 12:54 PM
thanks to everyone for all of the help & support. I know what I have to do and will do it this summer. It took a similar kind of support from the girls here that helped me to post my pics. Now I'm over that hurdle and looking forward to the next one, getting out.

DonnaT
06-21-2005, 01:00 PM
I've started having the urge to go out when I was 10 or 12, and I did, to the back yard. It has never gone away, and yes I've been out in public.

Everyone reacts to these things differently, so whether or not getting out will spark your desire to dress indoors or not, who can say. It could be that you are going through a "dressing" cycle, and the spark could eventually occur on its own.

But the urge to go out? It may stay with you forever, once you do go out, or you may feel it's entirely unnecessary anymore.