PDA

View Full Version : Looking to understand myself more

Shayna2008
02-26-2009, 10:43 PM
Hi everyone! It's been a while since I've been on here. I have cross-dressed whenever I could, which unfortunately isn't often given my current living situation (and the economy's no help either...). I have started seeing a new gender therapist at a center that specializes in gender diversity. I think I'll have more luck figuring some things out about Shayna with them. A big thing I want to do right now is live as Shayna for a few days straight. I've always dressed for an hour or so, maybe an evening here and there when the rare opportunity arises, but never for any significant length of time. I'm looking to spend a weekend or more as a woman. I have thought of going to another city away from family, etc with my girlfriend.

Does anyone here have any experience or ideas of how this can be done?

I live in Austin (TX) but am unsure of any groups or generally safe areas here. I've heard of a gay-neighborhood in Dallas (Oaklawn) but have never been there. I've always felt Key West would be a nice place but it's quite cost prohibitive sadly.

Any help here would be greatly appreciated. Thanks girls!

Lainie
02-26-2009, 11:09 PM
I spent Saturday morning on 5th & 6th streets in Austin last month, just wandering from art gallery to art gallery in a maxi-skirt, boots, purse turtleneck, the whole 9 yards. Bought a decoration from a guy in an antique shop and a necklace from Dakota vintage. Signed in with my guy e-mail at one of the art galleries. Ate lunch in a cute little restaurant, then changed in their restroom back to drab for the drive home. The night before I had gone to www.motherscafeaustin.com (really the best vegan food ever!) in the same outfit. I was probably the only one in the restaurant in a skirt--all the gals wore jeans.
Nobody batted an eye the whole time.

Jenna1561
02-27-2009, 01:37 AM
Hi Shayna,

I live in the Fort Worth area and will verify that the Oak Lawn neighborhood in Dallas is totally accepting and a great place. It is probably "The" gay neighborhood in Dallas.

Great restaurants and Great clubs! I was just there this evening at the Bronx, a really nice restaurant, for a Transgender group mixer. Last week I was at the Black Eye Pea restaurant and Sue Ellen's, a club that is predominantly lesbian, but has a mix of patrons.

Hope this helps.

Jen

JoAnne Wheeler
02-27-2009, 08:55 AM
Austin is a very liberal city - probably the most liberal in Texas - go for it

and see how you feel

JoAnne Wheeler

tamarav
02-27-2009, 09:06 AM
My wife travels a lot and I accompanied her to Austin last year. While she worked I dressed and went out all day. I shopped and walked and had a great time, took a boat ride, just acted like a tourist the whole time. Damn near melted but had an awesome time.

Seemed to me that this was one of the most accepting cities around.

Tami