PDA

View Full Version : Feet and Heels

Victoria Gizelle
02-27-2009, 02:16 PM
Wanted to know if the size of your feet/toes and shape, affects the type of heels and height, that you wear; I have average size feet/toes, thus the ability to buy at the mall the same heel/wedge that a women would for work or pleasure. just curious as to the reasons behind some heel choices I have seen on my sisters when out.

Kate Simmons
02-27-2009, 02:29 PM
Geez, I dunno, personal preference I guess. I try to keep them in the 1 1/2-2 inch range myself because I like to dance.:)

Tal'Aura
02-27-2009, 02:34 PM
Well, I prefer to wear very high platform heels beacuse they give me height I need. I am not very tall... It seems that in my case feet shape has nothing to do with my choice of footwear. Everything fits me perfectly, so choosing a heels it's just a matter of my personal stlyle...

Jolan Tru

JoAnne Wheeler
02-27-2009, 02:39 PM
The taller the heel, the harder on the feet and calf muscles - as a general rule

JoAnne Wheeler

janexx
02-27-2009, 03:27 PM
If I am going out not higher than 35mm - 1 1/2" as I am six foot tall in stocking feet but can't abide no heel at all.

Currently I am wearing 3 1/2" slingbacks which are very comfortable as are up to 4". The heels in my avatar are a whisker over 5" and I wore them too often and streached a tendon under my heel which hurt like hell and took a couple of months or phisio to put right (I did not tell the phisio how I did it!) BUT did I love those shoes!!!!!

Unlike many of the girls I do love trousers (slacks to you in the US) as the feel of fine cloth against hold ups or tights (pantyhose) is so suductive (not a turn on - just smoooooooooooth!). Lower heels can still look great below a good pair of slacks.

If you are not used to heels you can get some very gender neuteral 1" to 1 1/2" shoes and wear them as often as posible to train the tendons in you feet and then gradualy build up your heel height. As I say, if you are not able to wear heels all the time I find 4" about the limit for comfort and the time I can wear then is inversly proportional to the height. 1 1/2" - all day up to 4" about a limit of 3 hours.

Does this help?

Much love,

Jane

charlie
02-27-2009, 03:33 PM
My size (11W) rather dictates the shoes that I can buy. Often the styles stop at size 10. The catalogs that carry Plus Sized fashions usually have size 11-12 in all the current shapes and sizes and at prices that are comparable to Payless; so I have not had many problems. I love heels up to 4". Anything taller is uncomfortable and not as fun to wear.

Sarah...
02-27-2009, 03:41 PM
Geez, I dunno, personal preference I guess. I try to keep them in the 1 1/2-2 inch range myself because I like to dance.:)

...and yet 3 or 4 inches means I feel better when dancing lol Yep. Personal preference. If I like it and it fits - I wear it :)

Sarah...

Nicole Erin
02-27-2009, 04:13 PM
In before :
"I wear 15 inch heels and I can do anything in them"

:heehee:

Karren H
02-27-2009, 04:19 PM
I buy what ever looks good, feels comphy and is less than 4"... Else I fall over!! Lol.

Lorileah
02-27-2009, 05:05 PM
Not so much the shape of my feet, but I like open toes and slings. 11's are fairly common around here Charlie and 11w are not at all unusual. try Payless, Target and K-mart and look at the sales!

I can dance in any shoe but I LOVE the higher heels (make my legs look nicer and gives you a better booty).

Karren I can fall over in flats after a few cocktails so..... ;)

Hope
02-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Because I wear a size 14... I don't have many options, and the options I DO have appear to be made more for the drag queen market than the CD market... which means that most of my heels are in the 3-5 inch range... GREAT for blending.

Other options are available, but spendy.

On the plus side - I have definitely learned to walk in heels.

Beth785
02-27-2009, 05:25 PM
I buy what fits and is comfortable to walk in. That usually limits me to about 1 1/2" to 3". Being a plus size lady can put alot of weight concentrated on a small point!