PDA

View Full Version : Ok, I asked about Modeling Both Ways ...

KateSpade83
02-27-2009, 05:23 PM
Ok, I'm 1 month into my quitting crossdressing, and I haven't put a single women's clothes on!

But the job market is really bad, so I looked up Modeling jobs in Craigslist and I contacted 1 Chicago agency... I gave them a call and told them, I got an odd question... Do you have jobs for modeling both ways? - Like I look good as a guy and a girl? They said, "Drag Queens?" I said, "I used to crossdress but I look good both ways as a guy and girl, but I'm not exactly a drag queen..."

Well, they said to be a model you gotta be 5' 10" + for a man and 5' 8" + for a woman.

Ok, maybe I gotta try another Chicago Agency.

What do you think? I'm a knob? Hey guys, am I pretty enough to model? Too bad I can't have a poll on this thread!

JoAnne Wheeler
02-27-2009, 05:33 PM
Uh, why have you "QUIT" crossdressing sister ? You know that we can

never give it up.

JoAnne Wheeler

Jacquilynne
02-27-2009, 08:28 PM
Do you have any full body photos of yourself? You'll need a nice selection of high quality Photos of yourself modeling your "look" both ways in a portfolio. If you have some I'd be happy to take a look for you. I am an artist/graphic designer and a professional Comic book inker/colorist, If you really want some critiques, I'd be happy to help. I promise I'll only keep my comments positive chica. . .

Hope all works out for you :)

Jacie

crossdrezzer1
02-27-2009, 08:57 PM
a word comes to mind after reading this post and that word is---BULL---- sorry,,just my humble opinion..not in your looks as your pretty but in the whole story that is,,

KateSpade83
02-27-2009, 09:58 PM
Do you have any full body photos of yourself? You'll need a nice selection of high quality Photos of yourself modeling your "look" both ways in a portfolio. If you have some I'd be happy to take a look for you. I am an artist/graphic designer and a professional Comic book inker/colorist, If you really want some critiques, I'd be happy to help. I promise I'll only keep my comments positive chica. . .

Jacie

Just look at all my Past Picture threads and comments for full body shots in skirt suits, cheerleader outfits, etc...

No BS either, I really did call a Chicago Modeling Agency today! It was this Craigslist ad... http://chicago.craigslist.org/chc/tfr/1043301072.html

With the economy so bad, why not see if I can model too?

TGMarla
02-27-2009, 10:20 PM
With no offense intended or offered, Kate....I don't think you could make it as a model for women's clothing. If you wish to pursue it, I wish you the best of luck. But I think it's a misguided endeavor.

KateSpade83
02-27-2009, 10:38 PM
With no offense intended or offered, Kate....I don't think you could make it as a model for women's clothing. If you wish to pursue it, I wish you the best of luck. But I think it's a misguided endeavor.

I don't take offense if people tell me the truth and they think I'm not beautiful enough. Yeah, my Pic threads weren't loaded with appraising comments, but maybe you all thought I was a spoiled rich NASA contractor not worthy of a good comment of praise?

I was thinking I maybe can fit as a "specialized" model that looks good enough both ways, like if a movie role required that! - That's what I inquired at the first agency I called!

Well, this was just "something to do" because I've been unemployed for 28 weeks now and had to try it to see if it'd fly?

Maybe I should model my latest Macy's skirt suits before I quit - so you guys can comment on my "portfolio?"

Jacquilynne
02-27-2009, 11:58 PM
Kate,

First thing is I took a look at the photos from your past picture threads and I have to say the resolution, lighting and overall quality of the photos is very bad and definately not professional and the lighting is not adequate to be able to even see if you have a modelling "look". Just for starters.

Also, To even think about a modeling career you MUST have a portfolio full of high quality, professionally done, full body poses in both looks you want to present. The posted photos on this site will not be good enough, sorry.

BTW - a portfolio is NOT simply photos you've posted to this site. It should be a professionally designed photo folder/bound photo book of comprised of hjgh quality photos at least 8.5" X11" in size and no smaller resolution than 600 dpi. A studio setup with a simple backdrop and professional lighting is preferred Think about the the photo quality /backdrop settings of models in magazines and on clothing sites.

Next, from what I could tell in the posted photos, You look very nice and possibly "passable" at least but as a model both ways, I do not think this is your thing at this time , hun. It also appears to me you are bent on femme business suits and dressy wear. Not that you look bad in That style but IMO I'd like to see a little "casual" variety in your wardrobe. Mix/Jazz things up a bit. Everything seems a bit boring "kinda "ok, here I am in a femme business suit, how do i look?" Where's the life? Be happy have some fun with it, Dressing is supposed to be fun, you hardly look as though you are having fun or are even comfortable in your suit. Again, my little opinion.

Finally, I applaud your Job search creativity . . . wow, 28 weeks unemployed!! I feel so bad for you and pray that things turn around for you soon. I am soo to be part of the Auto industries Mass layoffs and will be on the job hunt in a week so I do understand the need for creativity in these hard economic times :(

I just think that modeling might not be your new career at this time. . . If this is your dream, keep at it and work on a professional portfolio and and see where it leads in the future.

hugs*

Jacie

KateSpade83
02-28-2009, 12:47 AM
Ok, maybe I should have a last crossdressing session for more photos...

And maybe I should try a professional photographer but I don't know how much they cost...

And then actually I'm too short to be a std model because they use them for runways and they gotta be tall.

I was just thinking about doing this PT or as a side thing for photos only... Anythings for a side income? It's not an illegal crime and such...

I admire the beauty of a woman in a great skirt suit! Skirt Suits are my MAJOR WEAKNESS! Then nice cheerleader, goth, schoolgirl, and lingerie. Uniforms are nice but too hard to get [like an airline steward one or military].

RobynB
02-28-2009, 09:05 AM
What type of jobs are you looking for? Are you actively seeking employment?

Alice Torn
02-28-2009, 09:27 AM
Kate, You said it! Skirt suits, and uniforms totally turn me on, too, though i don't own any. You say you are too short. I am six foot six, and 260, too big, now, too pass, unless a big and beautiful agency gave me a shot. In what seems to be a new great depression globally, we have to be as resourceful, humble, and hardworking, as possible. I applaud your efforts, and resourcefulness! Jacie is right about professional photos, though. I doubt anyone would be considered much without them, even though we may have some nice home pics. With Karren, maybe home pucks!

JenniferR771
02-28-2009, 09:38 AM
Kte, forget the agencies. They just take a big commission for doing nothing. Go free lance modeling. Spokesmodel maybe. Can you stand in front of a shiny new car at a trade show and extoll its virtues. Ok then, how about a shiny new spectrophotometer? Museum docent for practice. You know where the field museum is, don't you? Apply everywhere. Houston's hot, however its cold in Chicago--keep moving!

Jess_cd32
02-28-2009, 11:00 AM
My sympathies for quitting cd'ing:sad:

Take a good look at models on different sites, then ask can I compete with them, if you think you can put a portfolio together and hit the bricks. There's thousands in competition with you keep that in mind.

Modeling doesn't always have to include a head to toe look either.

donnaking
02-28-2009, 11:32 AM
That's you in your avatar?
Sorry, but you'll never work in the modeling field.

diane51
02-28-2009, 12:38 PM
I recall years ago when my ex sis-in-law tried the modeling routine. She spent a couple grand to have a pro photog help her put together a portfolio. Her portfolio turned out very nice and well done. She got a couple of interviews out of it but never a paying job. She spent plenty of time in search of that first job but never a close nibble. She has a very good appearence but the competition won out everytime. I had a difficult time telling her I didn't think she had that modeling persona that is so desired by the agencies. Finally, after several months of being turned down she finally realised it wasn't meant to be for her.
If you think you got it, by all means give it a go...but do listen to what your friends here have to say.

KateSpade83
03-01-2009, 04:02 PM
Ok, thanks for da replies and criticisms. Well, if you think I'm ugly, look at lots of those girls on the America's Top Model show... - they are UGLY! [FUGLY would be better!]

I was only looking to fill a nitch in modleing both ways, like if a movie required someone who looks ok / good enough both way.

1 month quitting cd and now I put on stuff to try... oh well... gotta take some good pic of me for a portfolio!

sissystephanie
03-01-2009, 04:58 PM
Uh, why have you "QUIT" crossdressing sister ? You know that we can

never give it up.

JoAnne Wheeler

Sorry, JoAnne, but you are totally wrong! Unless you are a comfirmed Transsexual, that is. If you are just a Crossdresser, you can quit, IF YOU REALLY WANT TO!!(Caps added for emphasis!)

It is no different from smoking, you just have to have the desire to quit. I did, for a five year period, and only started up again because my late wife begged me to!! She missed Stephanie!

For anyone who wants to be a Model, you must be able to show off the clothes in a manner that makes others want to buy them, and look good while doing that. Only if you are able to do that can you consider yourself to be a modeling job prospect.:2c:

Jodi
03-01-2009, 08:30 PM
Kate, I'm going to be rather blunt. I think you are living in fantasyland. You would have no future as a model. Don't waste your time.

It has nothing to do with looks. I've viewed your pix on this MB for a long time. It has to do with lack of poise, posture, gestures, and positive facial expressions. Your pix have shown this lack. You stand like a linebacker. You have no clue as to the poise or movements of a woman. I have yet to see a pic of you with you giving a vivacious smile. Also, every pic of you shows you wearing the same couple pairs of frumpy low heeled shoes. As a model, you would have to show great skill in wearing the highest heels. You haven't shown that you can do this.

With looks aside, all of the above is necessary to succeed in modeling. You don't have that. So don't delude yourself.

Your time would be better spent out walking the streets looking for work.

Sorry Kate, but I don't sugarcoat things.

Jodi

Nicole Erin
03-01-2009, 08:52 PM
Who knows what agencies look for?
Let's face it, models are posed and made up and then the best photos taken, and then those photos are airbrushed and photo shopped.

Just do some research as to what kind of people get hired so you can become that type of person they would hire.

One thing to keep in mind about modeling jobs on things like craigslist is that a lot of them are scams.

Thing is, yeah a lot of models are no where near as good looking in real life.

One really can't know how they make selections for models cause what you see in the photo is seldom anything close to their true looks.

Just give it a shot. The ones here who are telling you to give up probably are not that great looking themselves and don't really have room to discourage anyone.

KandisTX
03-01-2009, 09:32 PM
Another option is to locate a local fetish shop. They may have some modeling they need a crossdresser to do. BUT, if you have quit crossdressing as you have repeatedly stated, why would you want to model as both boy and girl?

Kandis:love::rose2:

KateSpade83
03-01-2009, 10:48 PM
Well guys, if I get a good paying $30+ / hr job, maybe I'll spend $300[?] for a good enough professional photograher who will take great pics of me and make me look good both ways for a portfolio! - Just too see the magic of what a professional photagrapher can do... Haven't some of you used a professional photgrapher and how much did it cost for your sessions?

All of my photos here are amateur shots taken with my Fuji S9100 and tripod and 10 sec self timer!...

I know, I don't get much praise here, maybe because people have the wrong impression of me being a spoiled highly paid NASA contractor with lots of $200+ skirt suits....

I can take negative realistic criticism here too, too bad we can't do the same for constructive criticism of Picture Threads...

Really guys, I had to give this a thought and try after being unemployed for 1/2 a year now!

amy canada
03-02-2009, 12:18 AM
I have to say that there are a lot of models out there who don't fit my definition of beautiful. In fact, some are downright ugly, but they might have the body to wear the clothes, so you really don't know what modelling agencies are looking for. Some might cater to petite women as well.

Kate, have you ever had your makeup done by someone else? I think that with the right makeup, maybe a wig with longer hair, and maybe with nicer clothes other than those skirt suits that you like, you could look like a real hottie. Those makeup people aren't miracle workers though, so don't expect too much.

terrinoble
03-02-2009, 03:32 AM
I don't know, the craigslist ad sounds dodgy. If they ask for money upfront or give you a high pressure sales pitch, beware.

I know I'm not model material. I would have to be quite a bit lighter.

Jacie: I've done some comics (http://terrinoble.com/comic) myself - nothing really professional, though.

Lisa Golightly
03-02-2009, 04:03 AM
Ah, modeling... Hmmmmm... You know I do the photographic work for an Italian company... They pay me $426 an hour or $2,842 per day (roughly) Sounds great but they really only need me twice a year when their collections are due out. Then there's the post production phase (virtually unpaid) during which I feel I should be paid more because they are just an absolute nightmare... Who signed this stupid contract... hmmm that'll be me... They flattered my vanity damn them!

The shoots are pretty boring things too... Waiting for the model to change... Her arguing with her agent and the company agent that she doesn't want her bottom in the photographs (It's cellulite rich), twenty minutes of me patiently explaining I'll photoshop it all out... hysterics all round (She's some catwalk model from Milan) lots of screaming at one another in Italian (So that's me forgotten)... my food arrives and I plug in my ipod and drown them all out with Marilyn Manson... By the time the album is half done I'm prodded so some deal has been cut... the model is shouting something in Czech by the tone I presume it is rather unpleasant and pointed. She seems to be viewing me with some loathing... Probably because I said I could photoshop out her stretch marks too...

Ah, the old modeling game... I only meet girls in their underwear too frightened to drink water let alone eat in case their stomach looks less hollow... God, they are all so painfully thin, and I mean whincing thin... I tend to scrutinize the stitching on the knickers piled around me (which is generally quite poor) to avoid staring at the bones on display...

KateSpade83
03-07-2009, 09:51 AM
Anyone ever try this for modeling or acting?

http://www.careerbuilder.com/JobSeeker/Jobs/JobDetails.aspx?IPath=QHKCVGM&ff=21&APath=2.21.21.0.0&job_did=J8B1TJ79HWJG09V4HLC

Raquel June
03-14-2009, 01:24 AM
What do you think? I'm a knob? Hey guys, am I pretty enough to model?

Knob? Let's look at the evidence.

Exhibit A: You "quit" crossdressing a month ago, but now you've decided you want to be a professional crossdresser?

Exhibit B: You say you got very little positive feedback posting pictures on this forum. And you honestly expect a professional modeling agency to be more positive than a forum of crossdressers taking amateur photos and mostly just trying to make each other feel better?

Exhibit C: You actually called a modeling agency and they told you that you were too short. You've already got one professional opinion saying you have an insurmountable disadvantage in the modeling industry. They weren't lying. You either have to be 5'8" or you have to already be a celebrity to do modeling.

Exhibit D: Even if you were tall enough, do you have 0% body fat? What is it that you think qualifies you for professional modeling -- your quirky charm as a crossdresser? I think you've been hanging around this forum too long if you think people are that comfortable with crossdressers.

Exhibit E: You want to be a female model and a male model? If you're too short to be a female model, obviously this is absurd. Do you not notice how built you have to be as a man to even have a chance at modeling for Sears underwear ads?

Exhibit F: Everybody in this thread is trying to be nice, but their message is clear. Don't you get it?

I guess I'll have to go with "knob." Not to be unfriendly. I always thought it was cute seeing you talk about how expensive your suits were. You're just precious. But professional model? Are you serious? It's not that you're not pretty. You look nice. But a model? Are you high?

Sedona
03-14-2009, 01:44 AM
I'm trying really hard not to go total-bitch, so I'll just go mostly-bitchy; I know a lot about photography, my wife knows A LOT about the fashion industry. Your chances of going pro-model as either a male or female are about the same as playing center for the Lakers. Hey, you asked.

Save your money, and put your energy elsewhere. You say you do engineering? Lots of upcoming jobs working in Green energy. . .

Good luck with the job search, sincerely.

Stargirl
03-14-2009, 07:03 PM
Many of the highest paid Vogue models were/are downright garish, and not what most of us would call attractive. But some of their daddies/boyfriends were well connected millionaires, so they got hired no matter how tall/gaunt/less they were. No way would they have "fired up" Eileen Ford as an agent had they "simply been" telephone operators in Iowa living in a trailer park.

The fashion industry can be so full of venom. It might be better to find a personal level of contentment, and enjoy life. Things have a way of turning around if we are patient. You can always play with photography, and dress ups. Modelling can cover a broad spectrum. One agency specializes in "ugly" people, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. Someone pulling me from a sinking ship is beautiful.

Raquel June
03-14-2009, 08:19 PM
Everybody tries to have fun around here, but if you're trying to be realistic, do you think anybody here could be a model?

Look at the most attractive people here. Monika is super-cute and super-natural looking, and passable in most of her pictures.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91534

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93121

But could she be a model? No. If they did want a crossdresser model, they'd tell her to lose 20 lbs.

I think I had a pretty good boy mode a year or two ago.

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1514547&postcount=791

http://www.crossdressers.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1453225&postcount=594

But could I be a model? No. If they were feeling incredibly generous they'd tell me to come back after I lost 10 lbs. of fat and gained 10 lbs. of muscle.

JaytoJillian has the best combination of a good boy look and a good girl look around here, but he/she is still probably too built as a girl and a little too skinny as a guy for modeling.

And it's not like being in a niche makes modeling easy. Look at plus-size models. They have to be size 14 with perfect curves and a gorgeous face.

http://images.google.com/images?q=Kate+Dillon

http://images.google.com/images?q=Mia+Tyler

Noxvictum
03-14-2009, 08:36 PM
Ooo, part of me would love to model... As a male, I don't have much in the way of confidence (or style). Hoodies and jeans are the norm. As a woman, however, I have enough style to get my GG friend (who is a serious tomboy) jealous. I do love dresses... Wonder how much fun getting professional photos would be? :daydreaming:

linnea
03-14-2009, 08:54 PM

Jacie

I think that you should take advantage of this offer. Modelling is a tough racket which ever way a person goes with it.

Raquel June
03-14-2009, 08:59 PM
I got some professional pictures done for free at Ohio State's art center. I looked goofy but it was super fun. They had this drag thing where they would make you up, and they had cosmetics reps there, but four of us just showed up en femme.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/wexnercenter/sets/72157607576607762/

A lot of transformation places will do semi-pro photo shoots for you. The crossdresser-in-a-wedding-dress photo session seems popular.

diane51
03-14-2009, 09:08 PM
Oh hell Kate, just go for it. Who knows you just might have a blast.

Noxvictum
03-14-2009, 09:39 PM
Wonder if there'll be things like that at UT...