PDA

View Full Version : How would you 'explain' yourself?

helenr
03-01-2009, 12:06 AM
I mean this a little deeper than a quick reply. Clearly, no one is required to justify, clarify, or anything to another. I simply mean, if you met a nice male or female who appeared non-judgemental, showed interest in how that person appears to be 'different' looks or behavior-i.e. non malelike in the traditional sense--what would you say about your transgenderism? it is possible to explain this phenomenom?

emily_21
03-01-2009, 12:35 AM
I can't really describe why I feel this way, I just do. I don't think it is possible to pinpoint an exact reason for my transgenderism.

Carin
03-01-2009, 07:50 PM
The 'Why" is not understood well enough to be explained in my book, other than to say I was born this way.

How I explain myself is to say that I am Transgendered, that Transgender covers a very broad spectrum of gender identity and that I am somewhere close to the middle. That means that my brain (psyche, psychology) functions with a much stronger feminine influence or component that one would expect for males in general, and that for peace of mind I MUST explore, exercise and express that feminine component. The male and female components are not distinct separate components, but an integrated mix much like the effect of mixing Red and Blue, resulting in Purple. I do love the purple family of colors. My sexual orientation is not affected so.
:hugs:

Aurora27
03-06-2009, 04:04 PM
I was having this discussion with a friend the other day. And really, beyond vague comments like 'I just feel that way' or 'it doesn't feel quite right any other way' it can't really be specifically explained. One of her questions to me is what aspects of being female I desire? Which I couldn't really answer as it tends to be less about 'desiring' being female as wanting to be complete as a human. And anyone who would believe this is a lifestyle 'choice' or explain it in those terms is a fool. No one 'chooses' to live a stupidly difficult lifetime of struggle like this.

kristyk
03-07-2009, 07:09 PM
I have never been able to understand how I brought this onmyself or explain how it happened I since do understand it was nothing I did, but that doesn't make me keep wondering why and how it happened

Beth-Lock
03-07-2009, 07:44 PM
I usually just say, (using the title to a song), "I enjoy being a girl."

Nicki B
03-07-2009, 07:45 PM
Would you attempt to explain to someone why your eyes, or hair, are/is that colour?

You were just born that way..

On the other hand, I find people I talk to are often interested and want to learn about what being trans is like and how we vary? Just - don't obssess about it? It's not nearly as important to the rest of the world as it is to us? :D

Lisa Golightly
03-07-2009, 07:51 PM
I met a lovely man... and this is what I told him...

"I don't know what it feels like to be a woman... but I know the body I have has never felt right. I debated a long time about hormones, because I knew I could never be what I wanted to be... wife.. lover... mother.

It's not really a preference thing... It's just something I had to do... pretending to be a boy just made me feel very sad and lonely..."

He understood :)

Kimberley
03-07-2009, 07:59 PM
Lisa :iagree:

I said pretty much the same thing to a doctor who asked the question if I was a female in a male body. HE should have known better. In retrospect, I think maybe it was a test because he did give the the prescriptions for HRT.:thumbsup:

:hugs:
Kimberley

Kimberly Marie Kelly
03-07-2009, 08:21 PM
tell someone who asked me, about me, why I dress as a women, why I want to be a women etc. I would say the same thing, " I don't know why, it just feels right, I'm more comfortable being Kimberly". You can't just give a reason, it's more a feeling of being complete, being whole as a person and only you can know it's right. :battingeyelashes:

Patrice
03-08-2009, 02:38 AM
An analogy Ive used recently - Imagine hobbling around on one leg your whole life, then one day realizing you can put your other foot down and walk on two feet.

Sharon
03-08-2009, 11:06 AM
Sometimes the easiest description is the most clear -- "I am a female and have always been so, but I was born with the wrong body."

akaCathy
03-08-2009, 04:13 PM
I could not describe how I feel better than this. Thanks Lisa.

Cathy

I met a lovely man... and this is what I told him...

"I don't know what it feels like to be a woman... but I know the body I have has never felt right. I debated a long time about hormones, because I knew I could never be what I wanted to be... wife.. lover... mother.

It's not really a preference thing... It's just something I had to do... pretending to be a boy just made me feel very sad and lonely..."

He understood :)

4serrus
03-08-2009, 05:33 PM
"I don't believe in placing arbitrary standards or roles on someone based on what kind of anatomy they happen to have. If somebody wants to be feminine let them be feminine. If somebody wants to be masculine let them be masculine. Who cares about what's between their legs. Unless you're trying to have sex with them. Is that where we're going with this conversation?"

I guess that's more androgynous than transsexual.

helenr
03-08-2009, 08:05 PM
Thanks for the comments. Yes, Sharon, that is probably the most concise answer. I wonder if more are something in between.another post I believe. thanks, helen