PDA

View Full Version : My first night out dressed was a breeze!!

PrettyFlowingGown
03-01-2009, 06:54 AM
I went out last night, dressed for first time. It went like a breeze. No probs. No nerves, nothing. My other CD friend, Fran, took me to the gay pub where I was staying. She could'nt get a park near the pub, so we had to both walk a block. I was'nt even nervous then.
The pub was packed. Mostly gay men. A few lesbians. Later on in the night some straight couples came in. I was walking around in my long cocktail dress and wig. I got lots of looks, some straight ladies loved my dress and remarked on it. One lady said "That dress is beautiful". I had no negative remarks all night. A guy tried to chat me up, and kissed me, but I said "Hands off". LOL.
I danced aswell, and the strange part is, I took on a whole different style of dance totally. I was dancing like a lady, all the right moves.
About 4 other CD's there, we all gelled together and made our little group.
I'm going back there march 28th. Cant wait!!!

Shelly Preston
03-01-2009, 07:06 AM
Congratulations on a successful first night out

I am sure there will be many more to come

PaulaSF
03-01-2009, 10:37 AM
Glad that first outing went so well for you...

Hopefully all that "overthinking" you've been doing in advance, won't be as required, going forward :)

Its amazing how much "growth" one gets from those first few outings, those positive experiences will build your self-confidence quickly.

I found that being out, around at least a few other CDs, allowed me to compare myself with them, and reassured me that I was more than "a man in a dress," hope you got some of that same positivity!

cheers,
Paula

Tasha McIntyre
03-01-2009, 11:16 AM
Good for you Cassie, way to go girl :)

Sounds like you had a great time

Tash

Leelou
03-01-2009, 11:29 AM
Thanks for posting your experience. Sounds like a great night.

gennee
03-01-2009, 11:42 AM
I'm very happy that you enjoyed yourself, Cassie. Way to go.

Gennee

:hugs:

Nicole Erin
03-01-2009, 12:44 PM
And you were all nervous about it last week. :heehee:

PrettyFlowingGown
03-02-2009, 07:38 AM
And you were all nervous about it last week. :heehee:I was never nervous about it. I was just asking some questions last week, like what to do, advice, etc. But seriously, all the advice I needed was'nt necassary. Really, it was easy. And when I slipped on my dress, it just became "instinct" to be a woman. There were even straight couples there later on in the night, talking to me and respecting me. It was really amazing.

Debie
03-02-2009, 09:10 AM
What a night out:) Lucky Girl it sounds as if you had a night to remember

:hugs:
Debie

MsJanessa
03-02-2009, 09:17 AM
fun isn't it?

carolinewalker_2000
03-02-2009, 09:22 AM
What a lovely "first night out" for you; the first of many I bet!!!

JoAnne Wheeler
03-02-2009, 12:18 PM
Congratulations - I knew from your earlier posts that you were putting a lot

of time and effort into your evening out - and it looks like it really paid off

JoAnne Wheeler

"An All American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

unwritten2108
03-02-2009, 12:28 PM
Congratulations on your first time out. Sounds a lot like my first night out too. I had nerves all throughout the day and then as soon as I stepped out, they all went away.

Sounds like you had a great time too! Hope every trip now goes just as well. Bravo!