PDA

View Full Version : Summer Fashion Police

Julie York
06-21-2005, 01:54 PM
Is wearing a bra with a strappy sundress a fashion error? (it has a cross over back.)

If it is how do I keep my boobs up? And we aren't talking expensive stick on breast forms here.

Thank you.

Sigrid
06-21-2005, 02:20 PM
Is this a quiz?

O.k., I'm making this up as I go along.. I would have to say don't wear a bra which has straps wider than the straps on the dress. So if the dress has spaghetti staps, you should probably go braless. Unless you can find a cami with spaghetti straps and shelf bra.

Amelie
06-21-2005, 02:21 PM
Julie, you already know what I am going to say, F-it, wear what you want, there is no right or wrong, well at least not in my world.

I don't wear sundresses, but the clothes that I do wear, I always have my bra straps showing. I like this style, kinda ****y,, also makes me feel kinda cheap, sort of street trash. I enjoy looking like this, so I guess my answer to you would be, dress whatever way that brings you pleasure. We only live once, have fun.
Amelie

MonaSmith
06-21-2005, 02:25 PM
Lots of layers, with straps showing, is very in this Summer honey, so wear them with pride.

Anyway I'm guessing that nobody is going to see you, so if it feels right, do it.

Love Mona x.

Emily Ann Brown
06-21-2005, 02:45 PM
Am I the only girl who has a strapless bra ?

Emily Ann

Kimberly
06-21-2005, 02:46 PM
Is wearing a bra with a strappy sundress a fashion error? (it has a cross over back.)

If it is how do I keep my boobs up? And we aren't talking expensive stick on breast forms here.

Thank you.
Oh my god, fashion error??? You're kidding, right?!? GGs do this all the time. You don't have to look 200% perfect, 100% of the time :) ... In fact, if you were going out, I'd say it makes you look more passable.

Rachel Ann
06-21-2005, 02:55 PM
Am I the only girl who has a strapless bra?
I don't think so, but hard-to-find sizes are even harder when it comes to items like strapless or convertable bras.

DonnaT
06-21-2005, 02:57 PM
Three choices:

A strapless bra, unless the forms are too heavy to be supported by one. I wear foam forms with mine.

A cross your back type bra, e.g., a convertable bra, converts from strapless, to parallel straps to criss-crossed straps.

A bra with transparent straps.

Although "layers" are in, it usually applies to camisoles, not sundresses.

Katie Ashe
06-21-2005, 03:01 PM
Change the Bra style not the outfit :-

Katie

Wendy me
06-21-2005, 03:35 PM

Thank you.
get one of them newbras no straps thay stick on and are real comfy and thay make you have cleavage tooo............ :p

Tristen Cox
06-21-2005, 04:27 PM

Thank you.
Would this work for you? Click here (http://www.onehanesplace.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=1606068189&prmenbr=1600000991&cgrfnbr=1613050914&V=A)

AngelAshley
06-21-2005, 04:29 PM
On a summer dress it should't be a problem - I however have a halter neck top and wearing a bra with it just looks silly.

Transparent straps are a godsend!

azure
06-21-2005, 05:14 PM
pink towelling leisure suits

DONT DO IT!!!

uknowhoo
06-21-2005, 05:16 PM
Yeah, what Donna said!

Where'd we all be without her golden tell-it-like-it-is nuggets (serious!!)

Ava Mouse
06-21-2005, 08:09 PM
Well, bra straps are OK as long as your shirt/top has some sort of straps, and it's OK if the bra strap shows with spaghetti straps. As a guy, LOVE seeing bras through sheer shirts, especially from the back. Clear straps are OK here, too..

But for strapless tops, don't use brastraps of any kind... even clear.

You might want to find a 1 piece body briefer which will shape your belly as well as hold up your chest better than a strapless bra will. Kinda takes away the fun of a light summer dress, but if you can't glue on your forms, you'll have to find some support somehow...

Another option, is if you can find a similar fabric, add some spaghetti straps of your own to the dress. Would be easy to sew on. I'm considering that for another dress I have. It's white/black and I'd imagine I could buy a few feet of white spaghetti strapping...? THEN you could add a bra strap and not look too out of place...

Just my 2c... ;)

Ashley in Virginia
06-21-2005, 08:16 PM
I have been noticing alot of the clear strapped bras lately. But with a halter top or something strappless, I would do like the others have suggested and get either a strapless bra or wear something with a built in shelf.