PDA

View Full Version : 1st real night out!

IMJenn
03-01-2009, 05:29 PM
Ok, so I haven't been on the forum in a while. That hasn't stopped my dressing however. I have an extremely supportive girlfriend who loves me and loves my CDing, so we decided to make me over last night.

Boy, did she make me over. She did my make-up perfectly. She put some jewerly on me, and even got me a turtleneck to wear. We just stayed in her house for a little while, but we got hungry. So we went to a diner.

I nearly had a heart attack, but once I got to the seat, I was kind of ok. It was very difficult to act feminine. Add to the fact that yesterday was the first day I tried to adjust my voice, and it wasn't nearly ready, so I was very nervous. (My girlfriend did all the talking)

When the waitress brought the bill, she said "Is there anything else I can get you two ladies?" and I nearly melted. She happened to say it as I was applying lip gloss.

It is a first of many nights.

Andine
03-01-2009, 09:45 PM
Good to hear you went out !!

I was about where you are about 2 years ago ... now I go out 2 or 3 times a week!

Keep up the good work and relax!

Carla4Guage
03-01-2009, 10:00 PM
I am so happy for you. That first experience, believe me is the hardest. You will have other outings that will not go as well, trust me, but there is something about that first time out that we all both want and fear. Once out you know you can do it. You were so fortunate to have someone to help, I remember ordering something the first time in a restuarant and then having no voice whatsoever, couldn't make a sound. All I could do was nod in agreement and point to the menu. I'm so happy for you.

Leelou
03-01-2009, 10:01 PM
Wow, Jenn great post and thanks for sharing. You are so lucky to have a SO help you like that. I totally know that heart-rate experience. You go girl!

Karren H
03-01-2009, 11:30 PM
Awesome!! Your a lucky girl!!

Tracii G
03-01-2009, 11:45 PM
Good for you have you come out of the PF yet?

erica12b
03-01-2009, 11:50 PM
that soundes just way too cool, i dont think i could do it lol you go girl,,

MissConstrued
03-02-2009, 01:02 AM
It was very difficult to act feminine. Add to the fact that yesterday was the first day I tried to adjust my voice, and it wasn't nearly ready, so I was very nervous.

Oh, don't worry yourself too much about that. Just be yourself, and you won't have to worry about becoming schizophrenic down the road. :eek: Besides, you have a great girlfriend -- what anyone else thinks doesn't matter.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-02-2009, 12:30 PM
Good for you - it is a tremendous thing to have such a supporting, accepting

and loving SO.

JoAnne Wheeler

"An All American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

IMJenn
03-02-2009, 04:47 PM
good for you have you come out of the pf yet?

pf?

SherriePall
03-02-2009, 05:04 PM
Jenn -- Good for you on your first time out. And good for you to have such a wonderful GF. First time out is a little bit nerve-wracking, but you'll find yourself aching to get back out in those heels again -- and soon.
BTW, if I am correct, PF stands for pink fog. Something most of us find ourselves in after doing something especially femme or being accepted as such.

Persephone
03-02-2009, 05:07 PM
Sounds like you had a wonderful time!

Be sure to give your GF an extra hug!

Teri Jean
03-02-2009, 06:40 PM
You have made the first and biggest step and now you know you can have fun outside the house too. You are fortunate to have a wonderful SO gf that is so supportive, does she have a sister? Hahaha Huggs to you both Keli.

beenherelongtime
03-02-2009, 06:44 PM
good for you and your gf. more outings for you. cherish her.

TxKimberly
03-02-2009, 08:32 PM
Congrats! The first time is the hardest - it will get easier from here. :)