PDA

View Full Version : Quick question....

Dannie Lefae
03-02-2009, 08:37 AM
I so much enjoy being the "House Wife". I love to do housework en fem. I don't like it so much when in drab, but I actually look forward to it when I am dressed properly ;)

Does anybody else feel this way? and if so, why do you think it is that we enjoy housework more en fem then we do in drab?

I have my thoughts, but I would like to hear what you ladies think.

Em

Karren H
03-02-2009, 08:47 AM
If I'm dressing up... I'm NOT working!! No way!! I'm either playing with makeup or going out shopping... Maybe going out to eat and a movie!! But house work.... Nope!!

Angie G
03-02-2009, 09:43 AM
It's a good reson to dress And act like a girl. Dose that sound about right:hugs:
Angie

beenherelongtime
03-02-2009, 10:02 AM
i have to agree, when dressed, doing those duties we generally ascribe to women, house cleaning, laundry, cooking feel better than when in male mode. IN THE MIND I GUESS.

Jess_cd32
03-02-2009, 10:06 AM
.....Does anybody else feel this way? and if so, why do you think it is that we enjoy housework more en fem then we do in drab?

I have my thoughts, but I would like to hear what you ladies think.

Em

I think because we're feeling better about ourselves being dressed fem and doing something thats generally considered fem (by societies standards anyway). I clean house in drab and help my SO out alot with everything anyway.

Wendrme
03-02-2009, 10:12 AM
"A woman's work is never done." And if I am a woman, I enjoy doing woman's work. What better way to be a woman than to do all the things which a woman does. And do it well.
I am as much a woman doing the dishes in my heels as when I am sitting under the dryer in curlers, having my nails done. I feel it is an honor and a privelige to put my maid's dress and heels on. And the cleaning goes so much faster.

JoAnne Wheeler
03-02-2009, 12:12 PM
I'd rather do housework in drab - I'm not fond of either one.

JoAnne Wheeler

"An All American Bluegrass Girl and Proud As I Can Be"

Tania D
03-02-2009, 12:17 PM
My partner normally suggests I dress when she wants the house to have a good going over as she knows I love being a wife

Miss Charlotte Lacy
03-02-2009, 12:44 PM
Hi Girl.

Oh god yeah the housework is so drab unless I am in full enfemme mode...though I think it's the idea that you've got to dress up and be practical at the same time...I teeter about trying higher and higher heels I am convinced I am going to do myself and injury.

Keep dusting girl.

Hugs Charlotte xx

MarciManseau
03-02-2009, 12:49 PM
What's housework? Cleaning? Are these words from a foreign language? Sounds very kinky to me! :devil:

Hugs, Marci :hugs:

insearchofme
03-02-2009, 01:17 PM
The first time I fully dressed (I was in my mother's things) I was home alone for the day and did all the house wok for her (I was about 11 or 12). When she came home she was amazed on what a great job I had done and she didn't even ask me to do it. Heck I'd have paid her to do it.

Nicki B
03-02-2009, 02:22 PM
and if so, why do you think it is that we enjoy housework more en fem then we do in drab?

Perhaps you, as obviously do others here, think of it as 'woman's work', so enhancing your feelings of femininity? :idontknow:

Tamara Croft
03-02-2009, 02:35 PM
Perhaps you, as obviously do others here, think of it as 'woman's work', so enhancing your feelings of femininity? :idontknow:More stupid stereotyping is what it is... and sexist :rolleyes:

You know, I'm fed up with these stupid threads, how 'fem' you feel chained to the kitchen sink.. whatever :rolleyes: Doing housework is NOT womens work, this isn't the 1950's anymore...

Lisa Golightly
03-02-2009, 02:39 PM
I hate all forms of work.

Sharon B.
03-02-2009, 02:54 PM
I can honestly say I do a lot better job of it when I am dressed as a woman than I do when in drab attire.
I would have to say the reason I do it better as a woman is from a time I got caught wearing some of my sister's clothes and I was made to dress as a little girl and help with the housework when I was younger. (some forty plus years ago.)

deja true
03-02-2009, 02:56 PM
Hi Girl.

... I think it's the idea that you've got to dress up and be practical at the same time...I teeter about trying higher and higher heels I am convinced I am going to do myself and injury.

Keep dusting girl.

Hugs Charlotte xx

I think Miss Charlotte has part of it here.

When you do dress up, do you just sit around...or do you move around a lot...getting up, sitting down, going to the kitchen, then peeeking out the window...

There's a sensuous joy in the feeling of the clothes moving with or against the body...so it's an exercise in pleasure, really, to keep moving, to fidget, to do things so you can hear the heels on the parquet and the little jangle of the earrings.

And if something profitable is accomplished, like a clean house, then all the better, huh? "See what the girl in me made me do? Isn't she worth keeping around?"

:)

Joan Merrie
03-02-2009, 03:07 PM
More stupid stereotyping is what it is... and sexist :rolleyes:

You know, I'm fed up with these stupid threads, how 'fem' you feel chained to the kitchen sink.. whatever :rolleyes: Doing housework is NOT womens work, this isn't the 1950's anymore...

Couldn't agree more. Well said Tamara.:clap:

daviolin
03-02-2009, 03:35 PM
I'm retired and the wife still works. What a lovely arrangment for a CDer. Anyway this is one of my favorite outfits for my daily housework. I love to cook, so thats no problum. The other chores are a hassle. But whats a Crossdresser to do.:love:

rosetyler
03-02-2009, 03:40 PM
For the record...I don't think I've EVER cleaned the house all dolled up in a skirt. In fact, I cleaned the toilet today wearing womans jeans but it still didn't make me feel more femme. :(

Deborah Jane
03-02-2009, 03:51 PM
Housework is housework, how i'm dressed makes no differance to whether i do it or not.
It's a chore regardless and just needs to be done!

I'm less likely to do it in girl mode as i tend to be relaxing when i'm dressed.

Persephone
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
As a full-time homemaker, it is my responsibility to keep our home clean, to do the laundry, and to prepare most of our meals. It is my resposibility to do the grocery shopping and run all of our errands, as well as to coordinate our social calendar, serve as a volunteer in the community, and to do everything I can provide a warm, loving environment in which my family can thrive.

I enjoy most of my jobs, although I particularly don't enjoy washing and folding sheets as it makes my hands feel very rough.

I find it most comfortable, most of the time, working at home in casual pants and tops, seldom wearing heels around the house for housework.

For those parts of my job that require me to be outside of our home I tend to dress up a bit more, usually wearing nicer pants and tops, along with heels of one sort or another.

I suspect that my clothing and makeup choices match those of most homemakers, but I can understand how those who do not get much chance to dress up outside of the home would enjoy the chance to wear dresses and heels while doing housework.

Sheila
03-02-2009, 03:54 PM
Housework is housework, how i'm dressed makes no differance to whether i do it or not.
It's a chore regardless and just needs to be done!

I'm less likely to do it in girl mode as i tend to be relaxing when i'm dressed.

Well I guess that means all GG's can now sit with their feet up all day :tongueout

Wendrme
03-02-2009, 03:56 PM
OK, let's take Daviolin who says he is retired and his wife still works. I am in the same situation. Now I take care of all the laundry and the ironing and bed making and some of the cooking. All things which historically have been seen to be "woman's work". I don't mind doing them at all. BUT THEY ARE A HELL OF A LOT MORE FUN when this "woman" is dressed to do her jobs. I did the ironing yesterday in a cashmere sweater and a poodle skirt and I did feel pretty darn feminine. That's why I do it.

Deborah Jane
03-02-2009, 03:59 PM
Well I guess that means all GG's can now sit with their feet up all day :tongueout

Yup, and the more often i'm dressed up, the more often i'll be sitting beside you with my feet up :D

[Think i may dress full time when we're together :tongueout ]

rosetyler
03-02-2009, 04:07 PM
Well I guess that means all GG's can now sit with their feet up all day :tongueoutWoohoo!

Shelly Preston
03-02-2009, 04:25 PM
The easy way to solve the housework problem

Hire a maid

Sheila
03-02-2009, 04:26 PM
The easy way to solve the housework problem

Hire a maid

M or F or a mix ?

Shelly Preston
03-02-2009, 04:27 PM
M or F or a mix ?

I guess that depends on your personal preference

Sheila
03-02-2009, 04:35 PM
I guess that depends on your personal preference

well, I suppose a well trained house boy in a skirt might not go amiss :D:D

Deborah Jane
03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
well, I suppose a well trained house boy in a skirt might not go amiss :D:D

Well you'd better pay him, i'm not :tongueout

buffchick
03-02-2009, 04:37 PM
Woohoo!

I'll second that sentiment!!!

Di
03-02-2009, 04:56 PM
I so much enjoy being the "House Wife". I love to do housework en fem. I don't like it so much when in drab, but I actually look forward to it when I am dressed properly ;)
Does anybody else feel this way? and if so, why do you think it is that we enjoy housework more en fem then we do in drab?
Em

Are we in TV Land? A fifties sitcom comes to mind......Do you think thats where all these stereotypical portrayals of gender come from?

BLUE ORCHID
03-02-2009, 05:40 PM
Any excuse to dress up is a good one sometimes I need a excuse not to dress
.................................................. ....................ORCHID

DemonicDaughter
03-02-2009, 06:08 PM
...but I actually look forward to it when I am dressed properly ...

So in other words you are dressed in pants or overalls you don't care about, old tattered t-shirt and rubber gloves? Because that would be "dressed properly".

ggtracy
03-02-2009, 06:54 PM
Hey DD I agree with your comment. when I am ready to do a good housecleaning job, I pull out the old clothes and gloves, hair in ponytail, no makeup and get the job done.
:D

sandcastle
03-02-2009, 07:38 PM
Perhaps one can feel a little more selfless, and change into something more stylish as a reward when you're done.

When I cook for myself en-femme, I seem to prepare/eat a little less, but I think that's to get it over and done with quicker.

Dannie Lefae
03-02-2009, 07:57 PM
I so much enjoy being the "House Wife".
For all intents and purposes I am a home maker. Being disabled and unable to work a full time job has brought to being the Homemaker I am. I, in no way implied that "Housework" is a womans job. I simply stated that I enjoy being a house wife as that is how I feel when I am dressed.

I love to do housework en fem. I don't like it so much when in drab, but I actually look forward to it when I am dressed properly

I never said that I LOVED to do housework. What I said was that I loved to do it en fem. Perhaps that is because I am not out. I do not leave my house dressed and cannot at this time. I enjoy doing anything while I am dressed and for me, dressing properly for house work is not dressing down. Nor is it to wear a designer gown. I usually enjoy a nice, comfy pair of pants with a cozy sweater and sneakers. And NO I am not living in TVLand. I live in CDLand!
Em

ReineD
03-02-2009, 08:10 PM

You love being femme so much you would enjoy doing anything dressed? Even change a tire by the roadside if you were wearing cute jeans & a form fitting top, girlie sandals showing off your painted toenails, an adorable bandana holding back your hair, and femme gloves to protect your nails? :)

Not to imply that changing a tire is man's work, or that GGs necessarily dress as described. :hiding:

Dannie Lefae
03-02-2009, 08:29 PM
Honey thats what the auto club is for. However, if I were out of my closet, and I had a flat, regardless of how I was dressed, if I had to I would absolutly change a tire en fem and probably would enjoy it more. And yes I would have to have some gloves on to protect my nails and hands, though I do not own any fem gloves I would have to settle for my machanix gloves that I keep in my glove box for changing tires and such.

Em

Nicki B
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Are we in TV Land?

Let's not do the labels thing again.. :heehee:

ReineD
03-02-2009, 10:47 PM
... if I had to I would absolutly change a tire en fem and probably would enjoy it more.

I'm ashamed to say I've never changed a tire. :straightface:

But I do understand your point about enjoying anything while dressed much more than in drab, and in your case, you do more housework en femme than anything else because you are 'at home' and you do not go out when dressed. :hugs:

Some people took exception to your singling out the housework because it came off as a suggestion that housework is mostly a woman's responsibility, which is certainly no longer the case in today's double income households. :)

Ashlyee Paige
03-02-2009, 11:19 PM
I don't think housework is a feminine job, maybe 60 years ago it was, but I wouldn't want to live back then male or female lol (plus I would miss my tech electronics too much) I do all the housework here in drab. It takes about half an hour to put on my face and usually when I have to clean im going to get dirty and most of my clothing is really nice clubwear and other items that I actually like to wear out and not get ruined. anything I have in female style clothing that isnt nice gets tossed anyway (except for my button up blouse that I use when I dye my hair) I dont know any gg's that would get dolled up to do housework either, any woman I lived with does it in comfortable clothing without getting made up, same as I do, when I clean I don't enjoy it lol, well the final clean house I enjoy. Now if I win the lotto I will do housework enfemme, I will get all made up then call the maid service :>

FoxyFriend
03-03-2009, 12:46 AM
I think it is kind of funny...if it is woman's work, is that what your job would be if you were a real woman?

In that thread I didn't read many saying they wanted to be chamber maids, housekeepers or nannys. One or two did mention being a kept woman but heck I would pick that too if I had the choice.:tongueout

FF
:2c:

marny
03-03-2009, 02:04 AM
Sorry Hon, But when you're dirty and sweaty...doesn't much matter cept the shower!

MissConstrued
03-03-2009, 03:23 AM
Doing housework is NOT womens work,

If I'm the one out working all day, and my wife is home, then it damn well better be woman's work. There's nothing demeaning or trite about it. Partnerships don't mean both partners do the same thing, even though they're equally important. I'm not going to come home to a dirty house and microwaved fake food after a 12 hour work day, just because that's "not woman's work nowadays."

I'm sure you, and every other woman on the planet, would be perfectly happy to let my job remain "man's work." How delightfully one-sided, that feminist dogma.

jamie1
03-03-2009, 07:46 AM
As I have recently been laid off, I have taken over duties of laundry dishes vacuming, I have all day and I dress, sexy outfits. It makes the chores more enjoyable. The dog does not know what to make of me. She behaves totaly out of character when she sees me dressed

Sheila
03-03-2009, 09:10 AM
I'm sure you, and every other woman on the planet, would be perfectly happy to let my job remain "man's work." How delightfully one-sided, that feminist dogma.

Let me see ... how dare you make assumptions about every other woman on the planet :Angry3::Angry3:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm excuse me, I worked with one of my ex partners ............. I drove heavy machinary, loaded wagons up containing 50kd bags that I had filled, I also did the ofice work, including invoices, balancing books,vat returns on a monthly basis, helped repair said vehicles used in the business, & on top shopped, looked after the kids, prepared meals and the 100 and 1 other things required to run a succesful business ( annual turnover had just topped £775,000/$1,097,733 in today conversion rates)
not many males I have ever know could do that and remain remotely sane ................ by the way my day started at artound 6.30 am and on some days did not end till 2 or 3 am ..... not always but in winter I worked damn long hard hours and still did all the things a mom does. I think you will find that women are capable of holding down jobs and being partneres, and in my last relationship, I to worked and came home to cook meals for my partner and famuly & he frequently was home a full hour before me and had not even prepared the potatoes ..... on weekends he golfed Sat & sun, some days I worked at my paid job, others I caught up on the housework and prepared some meals for the forth coming week to freeze to make my life simpler .............. Male Dogma in action there or what :Angry3::Angry3:

SarahPerth
03-03-2009, 09:18 AM
I find it more fun to be dressed while vacumming, putting washing on the line etc.

I actually offered to my wife that I would do all the vacumming, dishes and washing if she let me di it enfemme, she never took me up, what a shame.

Tamara Croft
03-03-2009, 10:10 AM
If I'm the one out working all day, and my wife is home, then it damn well better be woman's work.Wow, that's sexist... I hope you don't treat your wife with the same disrespect as you've shown in that statement. And just because you go to work, does not mean your wife should do everything in the house.

I'm sure you, and every other woman on the planet, would be perfectly happy to let my job remain "man's work." How delightfully one-sided, that feminist dogma.I do not know what your job is, nor do I care. I've worked on a building site with hundreds of men, so don't tell me about mens work... Would you class working in a care home 'mens work'... all that heavy lifting, long hours, abuse, attacks etc etc... it sure as hell is not an easy job. As far as I'm concerned, NOTHING is gender specific, you choose to make it that way and it's getting old, real fast :Angry3:

MissConstrued
03-03-2009, 10:54 AM
Let me see ... how dare you make assumptions about every other woman on the planet :Angry3::Angry3:

mmmmmmmmmmmmm excuse me, I worked with one of my ex partners

Pardon my literary license. Would an "almost" in there assuage your angry smilies? There are exceptions to rules, but the exception proves the rule.

And I don't care what you did. I didn't even mention what I do, so what makes you think you're going to make a valid comparison? I can assure you, I have never in my life met one woman who does what I do. That doesn't mean there aren't any. But it does mean there are very few.

Wow, that's sexist... I hope you don't treat your wife with the same disrespect as you've shown in that statement. And just because you go to work, does not mean your wife should do everything in the house.

If she doesn't have a full time job outside the house, then yes, that's what I would expect. That's her pulling her share of the load. This will not be a surprise to my future spouse -- she'll be fine with this role, and frankly, I know plenty of other homemakers who find it extremely offensive when women like you demean them.

If I felt like really poking the hornet's nest, I'd tell about my aunt who did all the work of raising 9 kids on a dryland Montana wheat farm because her husband worked 18 hours a day. Or... but never mind that.

I hope you don't treat your husband with the same kind of disrespect, disdain, and hair-trigger temper you routinely show men on this forum. That would get old real fast.

Sheila
03-03-2009, 10:59 AM
I hope you don't treat your husband with the same kind of disrespect, disdain, and hair-trigger temper you routinely show men on this forum. That would get old real fast.

trust me uf Deborah Jane treats me like some of the "men" on this forum talk about their wives and partners he/she would not be my partner :Angry3:

Tamara Croft
03-03-2009, 11:13 AM
I hope you don't treat your husband with the same kind of disrespect, disdain, and hair-trigger temper you routinely show men on this forum. That would get old real fast.No I don't, because unlike you, he isn't a sexist :censor: You need to get your head out the clouds and get a clue. I feel sorry for your future SO (if you ever get one, because how you act, I'm not suprised in the slightest you don't have one), they have no idea wtf they are letting themselves in for... And I'm done answering you :rolleyes:

Dannie Lefae
03-03-2009, 12:09 PM
I did not mean to broach such a contriversial(sp) subject. I thought this was going to be a happy, "This is what I like to do and why" thread. I am going to stop reading this thread as the close-minded, rude, accusing and chauvanistic remarks and replies are really bumming me out.

Em

vivianann
03-03-2009, 12:18 PM
I would never wear heels while cleaning house, too uncomfortable. cleaning house is a chore no matter how I am dressed. I usually clean house in male attire, do not want to ruin my femme clothes.

Sheila
03-03-2009, 12:29 PM
What the heck does it matter what the CD's personal motivation or emotions are, surely what matters is whether he actually does the stuff? Now 'scuse me while I go and scrub the kitchen floor.

It matters how we are percieved as females to us ........... rightly or wrongly ........ CDR's detest being tarred by society as being "Perverted, queer, oddballs ....... use which ever term you like".... and we and our ancestors fought and continue to fight to be seen as individuals ...... not a sterotype as seen by society ....... does that ring any friggin bells :D

Intertwined
03-03-2009, 02:05 PM
I think I might be able to clear this up a little bit, I have thought long and hard on this one because I have for years, done house work in some, if not all fem items.

I do not enjoy chores of any type, I think most of us would rather go out and play than clean, wash or cook.

But when you can combine something you enjoy with something you don't enjoy, it makes the DON'T enjoy a little bit easier, and house chores can be done in private so coming out is not an issue.

PLUS. un-fortunately (sorry Tamara) it is sterotypical that house chores are generally considered a " Feminine " task, (I don't agree with this) but for some this can enhance feeling of being feminine.

This comes back to my argument, sterotypes;

Feminine: house chores, skirts, heels, make-up, emotions

Masculine: strong, un-emotional, the provider, the protector, earth tone simple clothing

ReineD
03-03-2009, 03:28 PM
If I'm the one out working all day, and my wife is home, then it damn well better be woman's work. There's nothing demeaning or trite about it. Partnerships don't mean both partners do the same thing, even though they're equally important. I'm not going to come home to a dirty house and microwaved fake food after a 12 hour work day, just because that's "not woman's work nowadays."

The point you make is valid and I agree with you.

You meant it is each partner's responsibility to share the load no matter how they've decided to apportion the chores. Even though you said that housework is not demeaning or trite, your first and last sentences do come off as being sexist if someone is reading quickly, which frequently happens with the volume of threads in this forum.

I'm assuming that you would also make sure the house was clean and there was decent food on the table, if it was your SO working 12 hour days to earn the sole income. Is it therefore your belief that household chores are not 'women's work', but are the responsibility of whichever parter both have decided will do them?

MissConstrued
03-03-2009, 05:52 PM
I'm assuming that you would also make sure the house was clean and there was decent food on the table, if it was your SO working 12 hour days to earn the sole income.

Exactly. Thank you! I'm handy with laundry, and a pretty darn good cook, so it wouldn't kill me.

While economics or other factors may dictate differently one day, it just happens that as long as I am able to work, I prefer to be the one going out, killing the food, and dragging it home. :) Hard work makes me happy.

Ralph
03-05-2009, 01:08 PM
If she doesn't have a full time job outside the house, then yes, that's what I would expect. That's her pulling her share of the load.

That has nothing to do with it being "woman's work", as you suggested in your first post; that's just "appropriate share of the workload when one person works outside the house and the other does not". Your comments did not get so much fire for demanding that your hypothetical spouse keep the house clean and not feed you microwaved fake food, but your insistence that it "damn well better be woman's work".

Obviously, in any relationship where one person works outside the home and the other stays home all day, the one at home should do the housework. If Mrs. Ralph worked as hard as you do while I stayed home, it would only be fair for the housework to "damn well better be man's work". As it happens she's physically handicapped and can no longer do an equal share of the work, so I do my day job and whatever housework I have time for and don't worry so much about spotlessness... but I'm not going to lecture you on altruism. I'm just trying to reframe your comments in a way that convey your actual intent while removing the sexist arrogance that I'm sure wasn't intentional.

Poetic license aside, you have no idea what even a large percentage of the women on the planet would prefer, much less "most" or "every one" of them. Go take a formal survey of an appropriately sized sample, compute standard deviation and margin of error, and bring us the results. THEN we can discuss how many women object to doing "women's work" while still demanding that men do "men's work".

Sheesh, and all this time I thought I was the designated misanthrope for this forum.

ralph

pamela_a
03-05-2009, 01:18 PM
More stupid stereotyping is what it is... and sexist :rolleyes:

You know, I'm fed up with these stupid threads, how 'fem' you feel chained to the kitchen sink.. whatever :rolleyes: Doing housework is NOT womens work, this isn't the 1950's anymore...That was my first reaction too Tamara. Well said

-Paula-

DemonicDaughter
03-05-2009, 02:06 PM
Suppose you have this guy (husband, SO, help, whatever) who says: "I'll do all your housework free of charge from now till doomsday, on condition that I can wear a maid's outfit and say how feminine I feel doing it". Do you:
Say: "No, let's look at this rationally, there's nothing feminine about this work. I reject your offer."
Insist on sharing the housework 50-50 on a point of principle.
Snatch his arm off.

I'll be honest here, I wouldn't be able to stand someone doing the cleaning around the house all the while boasting that it makes them feel feminine. Mostly because it would just irritate me to have the incestuous prattle. :doh:

It isn't that anyone enjoys cleaning the house or what they where during it, its the implication that BECAUSE one is doing it that it makes them feel "more feminine".

Hmmm...

Its sort of like people that feel more "cultured" because they eat with chopsticks or feel more "intelligent" because they read Shakespeare. Its sort of insulting to other people who are more cultured because it takes more than working a set of chopsticks. Just as its insulting to those of higher intellect because it takes a hell of a lot more than knowing a few quotes from Shakespeare.

So yeah, someone flitting around the house singing the praises of womanhood because they are cleaning would annoy the hell out of me! And I'd like to point out that I would honestly care less if the person was a male or female or what they were wearing. Just as I find it insulting that there are women who feel you can't be a "real" woman until you've given birth.

Tamara Croft
03-05-2009, 03:05 PM
Now, Tamara, learn which side your bread's buttered on. Here's a dilemma for you. <snip>I'd slap him upside the head and tell him to grow up :rolleyes:

Kate Simmons
03-06-2009, 06:38 AM
Once again I issue the invitation to anyone who says they like doing housework en femme to come to my place. I hate it in any mode. I do believe that if BS were gold, some people would be rich.

sometimes_miss
03-06-2009, 08:59 AM
It took a while to read all these, and I have one thing to say. Stereotypes exist because there's still an element of truth to them. Look around. What do you see. How many women do you see doing roofing jobs? Digging up drainage pipes? Changing the oil in the family car? Who's more likely to be found mowing the lawn? What percentage of plumbers/electricians/carpenters are women? How many women do you find working in the sewers? On high steel? On offshore oil platforms? In the lumber industry actually cutting down the trees? Working in mines? Working in front of a blast furnace in the metallurgy industries? I can go on, but you get the idea.

There was a recent article somewhere, that mentioned a whole lot of women would be quite happy to have the housewife and mother role as long as her husband was able to provide a nice lifestyle for her. I will try to find it and will add it to this post if I do.

Despite the EEOC, women and men tend to do gravitate towards different tasks, and we feel differently about when we can and when we can't NOT do something. Men are still more likely to be found doing dangerous, physically difficult, and painful or very uncomfortable jobs (yes, you can compare wearing high heels all day in an office job or department store to having to wear 100+ pounds of protective gear, roasting inside of it, while working on a 1500 degree environment blast furnace all you want, but there really is no comparison).

Despite what some women would like us to believe, there are still a lot of 'housewives' in the world. There are not a lot of 'househusbands'. Yes, those women may feel stressed by being housewives, because we all tend to feel somewhat insecure and uncomfortable about our lives no matter what we do, or how rich we are.

But women view 'housework' differently than men. You define yourselves so much more by your 'nest' than we do. When we say that we like to embrace 'housework' when we dress up, you get insulted. Why? Why should you be upset that we want to feel the same thing you do when the home looks good, everything is where it belongs, and it's clean? Or if we want to spend time cooking for you? After all, most guys don't give a crap about any of that.

Get a grip. Do what you like. Don't get so ticked off at what other people like or want or do. Yes, I'm one of those guys who likes to put on a cute maid's uniform when I do domestic chores, but I wear girl clothes when I do pretty much everything else around the house too.

Remember, very, very few of us do this because we made a conscious choice to want to. For most of us, we just feel normal this way. Don't crucify us because we grew up in an environment where most women and men stuck to stereotypical behavior, and, observing that being part of our environment during our development, we tend to identify certain behaviors with genders. It certainly doesn't mean that we don't think men OR women shouldn't be allowed to venture outside past gender appropriate stereotypical roles, but it also doesn't mean that we cannot embrace them for ourselves if we want to, as long as we aren't forcing anyone else to involve themselves with us when we are doing that.

Tamara Croft
03-06-2009, 09:24 AM
I see, you vould respond vith violence und insults... Und vot do you sink zat says about yourself, I vonder ?I was actually being facetious to your post... :rolleyes:

Sheila
03-06-2009, 10:07 AM
I was actually being facetious to your post... :rolleyes:

eehhhhhhh u ate a dictionary for Brekkie :heehee::heehee:

I think you confuse peeps when u don't speak with your usual forthrightous voice dear :devil::devil:

Thalia
03-06-2009, 10:12 AM
In our home my SO and I don't have that clear a division of work to be done around the house. While dressing en femme is always fun there's a time and a place for everything. My SO helps me clean the garage while I help w/the vacuuming. Sometimes I'll wear panties but, let's be practical. This is no time for heels.

Tamara Croft
03-06-2009, 04:05 PM
eehhhhhhh u ate a dictionary for Brekkie :heehee::heehee:

I think you confuse peeps when u don't speak with your usual forthrightous voice dear :devil::devil:I was using my edumacated voice... :bs: one has to use it occasionally ;)

I know, but my post was meant seriously.I know you meant it seriously, that's the sad thing about it. I asked my partner about this, you want to know what she said? I'll quote her: -

Tamara ‎(20:59):
so seriously... would you ever say to me that if you could wear a maid outfit, you'd do all the housework?

Tammy ‎(20:59):
no

ok why not

cos i aint got time

ok if you had time

it would be funny to begin with, but then would become mundainI was right in the first place, I knew she wouldn't be into the whole thing, because she can't stand cleaning anyway, nevermind wearing fem clothes to do it.